>40 Slot Bags

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Zaviere, Feb 23, 2018.

1. Zaviere Augur

Is there ever a chance of this being a thing? As a passionate collector of many random things, I really can't ever have too much bag space. I would even be willing to pay obscene amounts of money for, say, 50 or 60 slot bags. It'd be just plain awesome. I cannot think of any downsides to adding larger bags to the game. Please consider this!
  2. Gialana Augur

I remember a dev stating that it's currently possible to make bags larger than 40 slots, but he wouldn't give a hint about the maximum size a bag could be. That doesn't really answer you question. However, I expect it will happen at some point, since it's possible.
  3. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

I don't know...if people really want larger than 40 slots that's fine - however, isn't it a little obnoxious already opening all these huge bags? How can we squeeze them all opened up onto our UI's?
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and Brohg like this.
  4. Nuttann Elder

There are already things in game that don't 'open' like bags in the game right now. I suspect that they would use a similar interface to those. Examples are guild banker, real estate contents, and crates (when placed in housing). The inventory 'find' function gets closer to not needing to actually open a bag.

=====

I would pay real money to buy our guild a "collection item banker" if one existed just so I didn't have to organize them in multiple houses. My wishlist would include such a banker that could hold one stack of each collection item in the game (over 1500 items at this point).

Likewise, larger TS storage would be nice too, especially when we are pulling out items to make a run at pushing skills to 350. Yeah, I use mules and houses for long-term storage, but of course we always want something simpler to manage.

I could use bigger bags for carrying around things. I wouldn't pay an obscene amount (OK I know obscene amount was an exaggeration :) ) for increasing bags to 50 or 60, but some amount for some increased size. Even as a druid, I carry a good number of port clickies along with other clickies around with me. And at periods, I am carrying a bunch of items for quests that are in progress.

I fill up the collection item and TS bags too fast :)

===================================================================
    ===== THANK YOU DEVS FOR THE FOLLOWING STUFF THAT WAS PUT IN GAME

* - Feature can help with carried items.

Some of the nice things that have happened for storage:
    *1) Bags have gotten bigger - seems like we used to have 2 fewer bag slots, but that was so long ago -
    2) More bank slots than original
    *3) Most TS items stacking to 1000
    4) Houses
    5) Crates
    *6) Keyrings - Useful for some of us who collected illusions and mounts - Nice so I can find them and so I don't accidentally delete something thinking it was not an illusion.
    *7) Getting more real keys to go on the original key ring over time. (It was nice when they added PoSky keys and the recent patch made four PoP keys able to be added to key ring - I got them added and deleted my keys)

One of the nice things about keyrings, TS bags, and collection bags is that they help categorize items. If looking in the inventory 'find' and I see something in one of these, I know what type of item it is. My first two bags in my inventory are these and it helps me keep stuff organized and make it easier to get the stuff to the right long-term storage.
  5. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Not sure about what UI you're using, but for me on a 1920x1080 display, I can open all 10 of my bags, and they're all way on the side, and I can still see the middle of the screen just fine. I don't have all 40s, but I do have 5 32s, and the other 5 are at least 24 slots.

My UI has a single bankers window with all 24 bags open, and the 4 shared slots, and I can have that open and all 10 bags, and there's hardly any overlap. I don't think having bags larger than 40 slots would be a big deal.

But for the OP, you can hope for bigger bags, but in the meantime, housing would solve your problem. 300 slots per house, plus 120 more if the items are place-able.
  6. Rafather Augur

Just edit your UI, right now I assume you are using the default 40x40 size. Drop that down to <cx>20</cx> and <cy>20</cy> and they will be 1/2 the original.
  7. Rafather Augur

From what I recall, when they announced that bags will be getting bigger, they commented that the max size is 100 slots. They have a lot of rope to milk cash out of us when they decide to increase bag size in the future.
  8. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

I don't have great eye sight. If I have shrink down bags I'd have to squint to see the icons. Remember, we're all old in this game.
  9. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Well, you can pick any size you want, if you edit the window yourself. Find the sweet spot between lots on the screen and big enough to see.

And, get a bigger monitor, that might help, too :)
  10. Sam Hyde "You're" on ignore

[IMG]

It's monitor upgrading time, fellas. 1080p and below is certainly obsolete at this point. You want to go to 1440p at least.

Here is the default UI at 2160p ("4k"). Most things can easily be changed (if too small) with a few hours of XML knowledge.
    Brohg likes this.
  11. Tatanka Joe Schmo

LOL, nice that you rolled a new char just to show us. Well played :)