So what’s the down time for the patch?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Deillusional, Feb 20, 2018.

1. Deillusional Augur

As the subject., us euros need to know it probably 99 percent interfers with raiding, but need to know what time it finishes
  2. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

+1 any chance of a time estimate? When it starts, how long to expect? Would like to know whether to cancel raids or not.
  3. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Would be nice to know so we can make plans.
  4. Heile Lorekeeper

Going from previous patch day downtimes... could be anywhere from 630amPST to 11amPST... for how long could be from 2 to 5 hours downtime. Again I'm just assuming and this sorta feels like that cable guy coming to fix something and can come anytime from 8am to 5pm type of thing lol. I think they either just overlooked the downtime times or was working on other things and their normal forum person was scheduled off to relay the message.
  5. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Probably wont know til server comes down and it might say how long it will be :(

Andarriel
  6. Yanster Augur

Patches should be announced at LEAST on the friday before the week it gets patched .
    Beleive it or not , we are all , for the majority 30 years old + , and the sad reality , is we plan around our guilds raid plans .
    Dont think this is too much to ask ?

And is there even a patch or we all figured there will be with the notes .
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  7. Warpeace Augur

Or take it from the test patch notes as your week in advance notice on Wednesdays.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  8. Yruc Augur

I haven't seen an official patch announcement for today. I've looked for one. The last one is from Jan 26th. From past experience it is generally the 3rd wed of the month they do the patching and usually dont' announce it until the afternoon before........
    Namde likes this.
  9. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

The game update notes are dated for today. Generally they post a corresponding thread announcing the time and estimated downtime for said updates, but today there is none (yet).
  10. Yruc Augur

Yeah I saw the date on that. So assumed it was today, but just haven't seen an announcement on it either. Well the servers are down now...

Status: 2/21/2018 6:17 PST - The game is currently down for scheduled patching.
  11. Aegir Augur

It's actually not down just yet. Won't come down before 6:30 PST.

Now, let's roll the wheel of fortune for ETA on downtime.
  12. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Server now down, still no details of how long
  13. dredrok New Member

servers down for 6 hours
    Riou likes this.
  14. Thesehips Journeyman

... There is almost always a patch on the third Wed of every month.
    And wouldn't you know it?
    It's the third Wednesday of February.
    What a coincidence?
  15. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

Is there a source for this? I'm too old to know how to use twitter if it's that.
    Perplexed and Yinla like this.
  16. dredrok New Member

it was at the top of the server chat screens
  17. Setana New Member

Well shoot, just went heroic yesterday. Now to study up and refresh.
  18. Deillusional Augur

so 6 hours from 2:30 uk? (06:30 pst)?
    Yinla likes this.
  19. Gendor Journeyman

20. Lily Augur

I think the point is that no start time or estimated downtime was posted.
    Eqghronk likes this.