I was hoping for a Agnarr (sp?) Continuation server...

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Vontod, Feb 18, 2018.

1. Vontod Augur

One that launched sometime after LDoN that would give Agnarr players a chance to move on if they wanted (and hopefully make DBG some money on server transfers). By the time the new server is at LDoN, I'm worried most people will be bored of Agnarr.

I know, being locked at PoP has always been the plan. The the draw for me to move from Phinny to Agnarr was the faster exp (and wanting to play a necro from vanilla) so I could always hope.

Oh, well
  2. Raltar Augur

Being able to switch from the prison server to another TLP completely defeats the purpose of the prison server. If you want to move on after LDoN, you can move to live.
  3. Vontod Augur

Why?

Does someone being able to switch to a non live server inconvenience you in some way?
  4. Raltar Augur

You made the choice to be on the prison server. So you have to live with it unless you want to go to live.
  5. Kahna Augur

It defeats the purpose of the server. If you let folks transfer off it isn't really a locked server, it's just a server where you have to pay another $25 to see the content after PoP. DBG never suggested, or even hinted that there would ever be transfers off of the server. They have always stated that it would be locked. The idea that there would be transfers allowed was just some pipe dream the players thought up. It has no basis in reality. Most likely, the best you will be able to hope for on the transfer front is that if the server fails miserably, they may someday merge it. I do think there will be a small dedicated core population that will keep it going for some time.

It won't matter what Agnarr looks like by the time the new server is at LDoN, because they are not going to allow transfers to there. Mainly due to the EXP differences. Your characters are on Agnarr permanently, so you can always go back to them and pick up where you left off without being too far behind. That is the entire purpose behind the server, the whole draw.
  6. Vontod Augur

I know they never said they would allow it, but it was still a hope of mine. Allowing people bored to transfer off would generate income for them, and that generally seems to lead their decisions.

The draw for me was the faster exp rate, so I am assuming I'm not the only person who made the switch for that.

So again, oh well
  7. Communist Puppy Augur

You just said the exact reason theyll never allow it, it's a completely different ruleset. Agnarr has undergone massive plat exploits as well as different rulesets. Allowing for people there to transfer to otherservers after taking advantage of that would hurt other servers, so to answer your question yes, it does hurt other people.
  8. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Wow when was this super plat exploit on agnarr?
    Risiko likes this.
  9. Valv Journeyman

So let me get this straight... you think DBG will have a problem with people leveling faster on agnarr then PAYING to xfer off?

Cause you can't already pay for these new things called exp pots? Oh what do those do you ask? You see you pay for them to... wait for it... exp faster! lol

ITT people making things up and arguing over said made up things... Cause you can already xfer off agnarr "prison server" lol nope

Also letting the bored people xfer off agnarr onto phinny or other tlps(aside from the $25+monthly sub all those people would continue paying) also pumps PoP/ldon raid geared and AAed chars onto servers that according to many forum post are "going to die". They might not be wrong... starting a new char on phinny and catching up isn't something many are willing to do now and after the new TLP comes out literally no one will do that, what better way to give the older tlps some fresh blood then maxed out agnarr chars?

tl;dr: $$now+$every month+healthier tlps > some crybaby's tears on the forum
    so it might happen
  10. Fluid Augur

I don't think DBG has hit the min/max combination for TLP servers yet. From my perspective: Having a blast playing Agnarr and it hasn't topped out yet at PoP. Even the Live servers have a level cap. Arbitrary to say 110 is better then 65 or looking forward to level 150 when we get there. I don't mind a common ground where I can leave for a year and come back at the same level as everyone else, sounds like an advantage over coming back with your level 110 toon and having to level to 150 before you can take on current content.

Ultimately it will be about money as people have pointed out. Maybe sell Heroic characters at level 65 on Agnarr or some other variation of raising revenue.

I plan on leveling several characters to the maximum on Agnarr then returning to my regular servers. I don't really have a conflict with Agnarr locking at PoP. It's not like playing Agnarr forces you to delete your existing characters and not play a live server. You can have both.
  11. Kahna Augur

It's not crybaby tears, it's precedent. Only time they have ever allowed transfers to a TLP server was with sister servers, like Vulak/Fippy and RF/LJ. They could have opened up transfers from RF/LJ to Phinny once phinny had progressed far enough, I am betting they would have made money hand over fist from folks transferring unused toons off RF/LJ and onto Phinny. They didn't, not every choice they make is motivated by what makes the most money in the short term. Just because they can make money off the transfers doesn't mean that the outcry from allowing it won't chase away more folks.

Don't bet on there ever being transfers off Agnarr. That way you can't be disappointed.
  12. torlingtorr New Member

At some point they will allow it. They will see the dollar signs from server transfers and give in. They will not create a server for this purpose but allow you to transfer to servers that are further along in progression.
  13. Risiko Augur

I don't see a reason to not allow people to pay to transfer off of Agnarr to any server (including TLP servers) that have reached the same expansion as Agnarr or beyond.

If it is a matter of plat/gear issues, then simply have the character transfer with no platinum and no gear (except epic if they have it).

I can see no reason why that would be an issue to anyone.

Also, since Agnarr will be the only server that is permanently locked in the Classic to Planes of Power era, it creates a scenario where it would be advantageous for new and returning players to start their characters on the Agnarr server, level up, go on raids, get their epic, and eventually transfer off to another server where they can continue on their journey to modern Everquest.

As it stands today, anybody looking to start new and get to current era content has to play alone on live servers. Why not funnel them in to Agnarr where they can play with other people at the low levels, and then offer them an avenue to join another server to continue on their journey later?
    an_ogre_monk00 and Niskin like this.
  14. snailish Augur

Well they might allow transfers or they might not.

"economy purity" is sort of an argument to forward, but one that will be gone the day they cash out FV server and let us transfer out of there with our notrade loots. Ignoring that, a progression server passing Agnarr would likely benefit more from some geared Agnarr characters hopping on vs. be hurt by those characters amassed wealth joining the economy.

Right now this is all conjecture and elusive dreams...

I suggest playing where you intend to play long term. If that involves GoD and later content... start leveling up somewhere else or start again on Coirnav.

If you are happy with the PoP lock, Agnarr sounds like the right place for you.

As Fluid said, you can play on multiple servers.
  15. kenshin111 New Member

What I think is going to happen:

Coirnav will eventually hit PoP era, and Daybreak will allow transfers from Agnarr to Coirnav then.
  16. Kahna Augur

Yup, just like people predicted they would allow transfers to Phinny when it passed LJ/RF. Cause that happened.

When has DBG cared if characters you aren't playing anymore languish on an unused server? When have they ever allowed transfers from dissimilar TLPs? I dunno where you guys come up with these theories because it's not from historical precedent.
  17. kenshin111 New Member

LJ/RF are not limited to PoP like Agnarr is. Plus experience on Phinny is different from LJ/RF. I can see why transfer from LJ/RF to Phinny wouldn't happen.
  18. Kahna Augur

Experience on Agnarr is different that Corinav
  19. snailish Augur

There are many logical things that have never been done.

There are some less logical things that have been done.

It's great to suggest/hope for something in EQ. The safer bet is precedent. There's no precedent of progression servers getting to "ladder" onto any other progression server that wasn't part of a paired launch.

Based on that... it is just as reasonable to ask for them to mirror Agnarr 3 months into the lock as a new server that would allow people to carry on without technically taking anything off of remaining locked Agnarr.

Reasonable to ask. I wouldn't bet on it happening though.
  20. an_ogre_monk00 Elder

Ogre try buy krono on agnarr, cost 8500 platinum. Ogre try buy krono on Phinegal, cost 65000 plat.

Agnarr not rich server. Ogre smell dirty, stinky troll.
    Risiko likes this.