Post PoP classes

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Valv, Feb 16, 2018.

1. Valv Journeyman

I've never really experienced EQ's content past PoP/ldon and I was wondering how the classes change in the next 4-5 expacs(after LDoN)

Do hybrids become capable of filling main raid roles? Aka can sk/pally be main tanks? Can shm/dru heal more on par with clerics? Do any classes lose or gain the ability to solo relevant content/named? Do any classes have their roles changed? Like becomes a puller or stops pulling etc.

Basically I'm just looking for some general information on the classes as they changed over time and any notable differences in a class' playstyle one wouldn't expect from seeing them up to PoP.
  2. McJumps TLP QoL Activist

Knights in general get better in the few xpacs after PoP. Both SKs and Pallies get pretty powerful and can tank a lot of raid mobs. All melee become even more powerful, with Monks on top, followed closely by Rogues, Zerkers, and well geared Rangers willing to lay off the bow.
    Casters will see a huge bump in DPS (especially Wizards and Mages) when TSS launches (5 xpacs after LDoN).
    Monks (at least in my own experience) will pull less as bards gain more mana/mana regen, and they are better as DPS than pulling anyhow. Classes become a lot more AA dependent in this era. Things like Gift of Mana and an extra Spell Gem Slot are game changing.
  3. -wycca Augur

Post PoP?

Your holy classes are - Mnk, Ber, Shd, and Clr. I'd probably put Shm next. Past that, you need some Wars for raids...
  4. Tachyon Augur

Skilled players > then classes. Some of the best players I've know to play EQ were Pallys, Necros and Rogues. Attention to detail is the key. You can really play any class.
  5. Valv Journeyman

Thanks for the info and replies. @Tach wasn't really talking about skill vs class, I was more just curious if things changed like someone dethroned enc as king of soloing etc
  6. Tachyon Augur

Nope, Necro is still king as they always have been!