Coirnav = Phini 2.0 why even go.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Xazier, Feb 15, 2018.

1. Xazier Augur

What's the point in going to Coirinav unless DBG makes it unique, might as well stay on Phini.
  2. Darchias Augur

Because it's new. Agnarr brought in a huge number of players from the old days, it was a lot better advertised than Phinigel was and, with it, brought people who got a taste of progression and would like to go more.

I think there's probably a sizable population on Agnarr that will, like so many people before me have claimed, wish to progress past Planes of Power. Corinav is a solution to get in on the ground floor in a new progression server, which is a chance many of them missed when Agnarr launched. I think Corinav will have a bumper crop of players ready to hit the ground running. It will pull some players from Phinny and Agnarr, that's probably unavoidable, but Phingel had a recipe that worked, and Daybreak has refined their technique quite a bit since then.

I'd argue that Phinigel was the Beta for Corinav rather than Corinav being Phinigel 2.0. They've made a lot of changes, it's time to see if it's caused an improvement.
    snailish and Thewiz like this.
  3. AsYouWish New Member

I liked Phinny, but eventually fell behind and went to Agnarr.

I'll go to Coirnav, eventually fall behind, and go back to Agnarr.
  4. Poledo_EQ Elder

It would be fun to try it out, but I like Agnarr. If this new server stopped at say Velious.. or even Luclin, that would be awesome.
  5. Xazier Augur

It is the same thing what is the point. Not spending money to do the same thing again. I would rather have something different than all the other tlp servers
  6. Runes Augur

I have always tried new TLPs but will not do Cornav for simple reason that I leveled on Phinny and the xp is heinous and slow and makes leveling alts no fun and with new servers being introduced each year..you know a better one will come out in a year and with the bad xp and no new features for Cornav..it will die faster than any server and you basically have just wasted time and money.
  7. Xazier Augur

They could still salvage Coirinav if they add FV loot rules or something different than the rest.
  8. phaeril Augur

I'm going because I want to do things between PoP and SoD in era and missed the boat on Phinny.
  9. Kahna Augur

Not everyone had a chance to play on Phinny, and Phinny is reaching the point where catching up for a new person is daunting. Even coming back to Phinny is daunting, especially since most folks aren’t familiar with the expansions that Phinny is in. If you are happy on Phinny and Agnarr this server isn’t aimed at you. It’s not designed to take people away from those servers. It is designed to grab the folks who came to those servers late and don’t want to play catch up. It is also nicely timed to scoop up the folks from Agnarr who realize 3-6 months into PoP that farming Elementals and time for the rest of eternity is boring. This server will just be moving past the “slow” expansions (Classic and Kunark and maybe Velious, depending on how long someone sticks with PoP raids.) and will be in a nice sweet spot. Still fresh enough to catch up and the “fun” raiding expansions are yet to come.

They don’t want you to leave Agnarr or Phinny. They don’t make more money if you are just bouncing around servers. They want to pull in new people/bring back folks who didn’t make it through Phinny, and give folks who don’t want to be stuck on Agnarr another option.
    snailish likes this.
  10. Evertrek Augur

agree. no clue what this is about. sounds like they plan to end one or more of the failing TLP servers and start the cycle over. MAYBE it is a knee-jerk reaction to WoW and Rift opening their own lame versions of a TLP.... going to the well once too often DBG
  11. Zansobar Augur

The fun is the new server smell...low level grouping is a blast in this game...and grouping is what the game is about...which disappears as the servers mature.
    Dragon Jockey, Risiko and Tachyon like this.
  12. Coppercoz Augur

It really is not too surprising. Take one of the most successful rule sets with instancing and start 2.0. There almost no effort there.

The point of new tlp are to create bow waves player populations in hopes of bringing back players or to keep players that feel left behind on phinny. It’s not intended to draw hardcore from the other servers. They already get your money or Kronos.

It won’t be for me. Levels 1-20 would be way too slow for my taste(been there, done that). On phinny, it seemed to take me forever just to get to level 5. But, I started around luclin time frame so newbie zones were barren.

Plus, I’m ready to experience the rest of the expansions on phinny.
  13. Rolento Augur

People make it sound like it was some suprise that Agnarr is stopping at PoP. Saying being stuck. Most of the people on that server im sure are well aware they will be on Agnarr PoP forever. Maybe they will get bored and want something else. But I really dont think people are leaving Agnarr because they are stuck there.
  14. Brunlin Augur

Coirnav has one difference and that it will have 8 week unlocks on expacs that does not increase max level.

I really would like to see a completely different rule set ...

A pvp team server based on Sullon Zek (alignment based 3 team server) or a Tallon or Vallon ( race based 4 team server) with only pvp enabled with in 8 levels difference.
    or
    a blue server with 8 week unlocks with a vote from player only at max level. Allow Warrens and Stonebrunt mountains since these are not expansion specific. Allow Gnomes to be sk/pallys from the start and halfling rangers from the start since this isnt make or break combos for classic.
    or...

....anything other than a Phingel clone.
  15. malaki Augur

Phinigel has the 8 week thing also.
  16. Brunlin Augur

I didnt realize that, I thought it was 12 weeks with that delay after POP. I played on Phinny up to Velious but than I bailed. I stand corrected, than it seems that its a complete clone.
  17. Kahna Augur

What sounds good on paper doesn't always play out on real life. Those folks who change their mind, and there will be some, how many is still up in the air, will indeed be stuck. Now they can go somewhere else.
  18. Tachyon Augur

I loved Phinny! A clone is fine by me.
  19. welly321 Elder

Coirnav is going to be a failure. Hopefully DBG gets it together and releases an interesting server by the time I'm done with Agnarr. If not, there is always Pantheon (ya right)
  20. Silver-Crow Augur

What would have been more interesting than Phinny 2.0 is a True box Live Server with raid instances.
    With AA autogrant you could keep the xp rates low (so you don't need to grind aa's till 110), which would allow people time to explore everything and not outlevel a dungeon in 30 minutes.