Ranger bows and archery mechanics

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Lefidous, Feb 8, 2018.

1. Lefidous New Member

I have read on multiple sources that there is a built in delay in auto fire, but I have also read that the delay was removed in recent years.

I have also seen some evidence to suggest there are strange interactions between quiver haste, haste, over-haste, and how it interacts with fast bows (below 25 delay).

So my question is, are there any data which proves how these mechanics work?

Something like Bow of Destroyer should be higher DPS than war bow of Rallos zek, but if the auto attack delay is indeed still in the game OR there are strange interactions going on with fast bows that causes them to be slower than they should be, then it wouldn't.
  2. taliefer Augur

my jboots are slower today than they were yesterday
  3. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

There once was a built in delay on auto fire. There no longer is - it was pretty recent the change was made - TDS expac maybe?
  4. Liquidmorphh New Member

Does this mean there is a built in delay on TLP servers until TDS or are changes like these not expansion specific when dealing with prog servers?
  5. Rouan Augur

It's a gamewide fix. Restricting it to Live servers would be more of a headache than it's worth.
  6. Darchias Augur

The quiver haste is different than other forms of haste: they modify the base delay of the bow, which is the value all other haste effects work off of. So quiver haste stacks with all forms of haste. Overhaste is just that: extra haste that's additively applied to other forms of haste, and modifies the haste value listed in your stat screen.
    As for a specific interaction with bows of under 25 delay.... I have no information for you there. Sorry.