How to REALLY make Fell Foliage more "Challenging"

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Theo, Jan 18, 2018.

1. Theo Journeyman

More HPs, Extra Damage is not the way... heres how I would do it.

- receive a fertilizer bag (8 slot container)
    - receive magical fertilizer compound
    1. Kill wildlife for some appropriate compost... (1/7)
    - killing rhinos and Chokadai drops feces, loot these.
    2. Combine feces and magical fertilizer compound in fertilizer bag. receive quivering scion
    3. clear an area suitable for planting the scion.
    - x appears on map (with high volume of wandering mobs), clear area of wanderers or simply place scion and hope you don't get an add.
    4. Defeat Catiikii!
    5. loot chest

Now fell foliage is more time consuming, challenging and most importantly, fun.
  2. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Personally I think the changes they made were fine, apart from adding more DPS to all the Cactus and increasing the spawn times of the sprouting cactus, once when the Burgeoning spawned was fine.

They need to bare in mind that the achievements need to be doable, right now I don't see anyone getting atrocious or green thumb. When the healer struggles to keep the tank up with just the named, how are they expected to keep them up when more adds need tanking.
  3. Theo Journeyman

But isnt that the point. Achievements are a great way to introduce replayability of quests, but right now with the level of difficulty, players will simply ignore the achievements and named spawns because they just arent worth the risk.

The only reason I saw this mission as an issue for the devs is because of its less than 5 minutes to complete for a reward that was crazy good. If you make the quest take 45 minutes to an hour then you mitigate the abuse of it. People will still run it for the loot, but you wont get people jumping out of other HAs and back in the moment their 6 hour window is up for FF.
  4. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

With the changes they have just made I don't think 2 of them are even doable.

Green thumb requires you to let the sproutings grow - which looks to increase DPS on the boss
    Atrocious - requires leaving each set of spawns up to grow into something else, again something with the DPS output I don't think will be achievable - This one is the last achievement my group needs for challenger, so I'm sure we will be giving it a few tries with lots of deaths. lol
  5. Theo Journeyman

I wish you all the best of luck getting the achievements. Myself, I was in the process before this patch of achievement hunting in Rain of Fear with my box SK, I stopped due to the rewards bug on merc tasks not working and while those wont be an issue with this patch I have yet to try the partisan/hero tasks.
  6. Idiien New Member

Fell Foliage (mission) - Made this event more challenging. 1 question for you all. why do you Dev's always make stuff harder after 90% of all the top raid guilds have it all done then you make it to freaken hard for family guild players to get it done ???? I went to know WHY !!!!!!
    Sindace likes this.