Should I return to Live?

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Shaeli, Jan 13, 2018.

1. Shaeli Journeyman

To be clear, I havent truely played on Live since Secrets of Faydark, when most of my friends left the game. TLP servers have been my go-to, simply due to population.
    With such a high level cap and aa requirements, is it even possible to be considered "decent" on live if I was to return fresh and level from 1 to max? I understand mercs are a thing, sure, but will it be worth it from being gone for so long?

I want to also note that I do not wish to boost, simply due to not knowing anything beyond level 80 (even then, my knowledge is rusty).
    I'm unsure if I want to raid or just sit in the group game, but I think I'll decide if i ever hit the level cap.
  2. aindriuc Elder

Hi Shaeli,

I just made a druid on the high population, role-playing server Fironia Vie. It has an experience bonus so you can level faster. It also has a ruleset that allows trading of non-trade items.

Originally, I rolled on Antonius Bayle European server but there have been issues with it and people are migrating off it, so I decided to roll on a more populated server.

With FV server I noticed a couple of observations. Firstly, there were a few people doing the tutorial, so it was a lot more populated. Secondly, looking on bazaar, there were more lower level defiant items being sold. Thirdly, on general chat there were more people talking. Another observation was that the leveling was faster and easier. Also, when you hit the high levels, I can imagine that gearing the character is easier due to people selling non tradable items and gear like raid gear which will help leveling. One observation about FV that surprised me was everyone talks in elvish so you need to learn elvish as soon as possible.

I made a druid so I can solo up the levels and learn how to play the druid. I too hope I can get to max level and be 'decent' but we will see. I have a feeling I will encounter difficulties too as I'm unsure of the 60+ game, having played on the progression servers and only since PoP a good few years ago.

Mostly, I am using Almar's guides as a basis for where and what to solo. Almar's guide shows you where you can level up. I think Almar is updating his guides at the moment too, so maybe he will have more good guides to help us get to max level.

One consideration you should take is whether to box or not. A lot of people after hitting 75+ find soloing to be quite difficult and decide to box to get the experience and gear you wouldn't otherwise be able to get.

My plan is to try and get to 110 without boxing on this character.

I'm not sure if that's possible or not, but I'm going to try.

Good luck with your new character. I would say give it a go, and if you experience difficulty write on the forums. The people are really nice on the forums and always willing to lend a hand.
    IblisTheMage and moogs like this.
  3. 22wplkj Lorekeeper

There has been a large influx of players to FV over the last few months. I don't know where they all came from.The thought of them all crowding into EoK and RoS has me thinking of playing elsewhere. Just watching all the server populations on the server status page recently it looks like EQ is making a comeback in general.

Just remember if you go to FV you cannot transfer off it due to the rule set. If I go to another server I have to start over. Which is not that bad a thing as I enjoy the leveling process and know where to go now..