Advice for grinding through kill 109 ?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Pistols4Pandas, Jan 12, 2018.

1. Pistols4Pandas Elder

Replace 'kill' with lvl, typo.

106-107 was fairly smooth, grinding in KorSha Lab since I need T2 EOK gear to later upgrade to RoS gear.

Anyway, it really slowed down at 108. But I slogged through.

At 109 I grinded in a 6-player ( real player ) group this morning for 4 hours, killing 1 mob about every 30 seconds. In 4 hours I gained 18% of level... It is just horribly, horribly bad.

I don't know if 'hell levels' even exist anymore, or its just that the mobs are all dark blue now, but it's just terrible.

Can anyone recommend something better? At 106 I did some RoS grinding and finished partisan in OT and Skyfire, but this was significantly worse experience than when I started doing KorSha lab, KorSha is terrible now, too.

Tips? Suggestions?

Thank you.

Also, I killed 57 named in EOK ( solo box group so not even sharing loot ) and I've yet to see 1 Arm or Leg visible piece, I've only gotten 2 wrists, too, whoever the genius was who decided you should need EOK T2 to make RoS T1, you can go straight to hell.
  2. Brohg Augur

I advise changing goals. Camp yourself a set of Fragments of a Medallion (most particularly those of the "Flamescale" Medallion). Farm a set of the dropped collectibles from each zone. Check off the Mercenary tasks for all the accessible zones. Your final level and the following thousands of AA will flow naturally
  3. Mehdisin Mahn Augur

the fastest exp I've seen is through COTF HAs with a potion / lesson running. it's worse at 110. but that won't do jack for getting you anything else so....
  4. svann Augur

You dont say where you grinded for 4 hours at 109 and that is telling.
    Im going to guess OT?
    Go to a dungeon. HS or gorowyn are both good for starters.
  5. Pistols4Pandas Elder

Think you may be right, get my mind off the grind a bit, can you tell me more about the Fragments of a medallion?

It sounds familiar, in fact I killed something in HS which seemed like a named but wasn't, and I think he dropped something like that... I did a brief search but nothing.
  6. Brohg Augur

There are 3 sets of 3. All 9 have the same name, but different Lore so you can't accidentally loot multiple of the same. You need one of each to complete Veeshan's Peak flagging
  7. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

3 Hero missions (Ot, SF, Goro), 2 of the achievements in each on are quite simple so you get a few AA as well.
    Then hit up, Gorowyn, HS or ST. If you head to ST do partisan and merc quest and kill the VP key guy. I'd also look at doing hunter while there.

I can't say I noticed much of a grind through the levels, but I was more interested in getting progression done than leveling to 110.
  8. ptah Augur

Don't forget the teek daily stuff.. 90 95.. its small gains.. but mega simple. longer to travel that to kill 5 of these.. the task reward is 1 or 2%.. which doesn't seem like a lot til you notice its only 5 or 10 mins based on how fast you can travel. Atm its a daily for after a lesson burn.. based on who is with me in fellowship.. that could mean some gribbles, droga, ya we stopped Labs at 108 as many did.

Currently non griblbles is a mix of OT and HS.. HS is a painful joy.. as in we can get some stuff dead.. but really stuggle in the named. We do FF in OT for a spell farm and its mega ugly and I'm happy that is instanced and semi private. Killer spell farm and the gems for augs omg.

Short term goal is too learn the Goro HA.. I don't think we can do it atm. but is a goal and fellowship enjoys to shorter term tasks with task rewards. If it was me.. I enjoy the HS zone camp..but the clr and chanter with me don't enjoy "static" camps is the word they use.. they want a crawl. Boredom is a factor. For revenge only reasons we do return to Lcea spiders.. just to pawn them as they can still get us too.. but the repop is fun.

I like what others say more focus on tasks or progression less about leveling. 110 is not all that.. Feels like unfocus spell AA at 110 is a backwards thing.. we are using sub level stuff still. Not evening of higher is better or an upgrade.

Enjoy the suck.. adventure well my friends. Also.. we were given that xp bonus.. so most are feeling non bonus xp is sucks and slow.. but its the normal. I enjoy doing 50 50 and goal setting, the 100% one way or another may be quicker to min max.. but it leads to be bootch out the moniter for the shiny rewards not being shiny ENuff.
  9. Jaerlyn Augur

To each their own, of course, but how fast are you thinking you should level up? A level a day?

My advice is to stop worrying about 'leveling up' and -enjoy- the game. Do the quests. Farm some augments. Spend time with friends in game. If you don't have any (not an insult, this is a shrinking game) then now is a great time to make some new ones. Heck, they made the partisans GROUP tasks... which is just wonderful for people trying to help others, or group together.
    Frogmancer and Tatanka like this.
  10. Ofearl Slayer of all things Stupid

109 wassnt fun.

If you are looking to get thru it and forget it here is what you can do. Find out where the 90/95 teek kill daily is. If close to a druid/wiz/guild port then I would do them. But wait!

Head to Dead Hills, do a gribble misson, pop lesson/exp pot, hail, blow theu the next two, that alone with 100% exp should net you 18% exp roughly. Then port to where the 90/95 kill task is and kill them. If quick enough, my guess is that would be 2-3% extra there.

Now comes the grind for 2.5 hrs. I would get a sleeve of oreos and a bottle of water and set in. Pick a named camp or task. Id suggest something Gorowyn, like the two VP key guys, get em knocked out. They spawn quite well usually and if you looked up a few other named in the area you can get a couple nice augs, belts etc. Now set a camp fire, port back to Gribble and do that x3 again. With no lesson you should be in the 9% range. So depending on how fast you can kill. In a meer 5 hours that should atleast have gotten you 40% or more exp. in reality thats not horrid, but yes 110 is worse and that same strat wont be 40% it’ll be closer to 19% if all exp at 110....
  11. Tour Augur

ST is great just due to sheer mob density. But as others pointed out, it would be ideal to work progression / merc / VP key parts / missions, etc and you’ll get all the exp you want plus other benefits like gear, augs, VP access, dmg / healing modifier reward from ach, heroic AA, and so on.
  12. Maedhros High King

This is 1 million percent a non-issue. Exp is absurdly fast.
    You will be 110 and max AA way too soon and then wonder what the heck to do with the rest of the year.
    Enjoy it while it lasts!
    Frogmancer and Tatanka like this.
  13. Naugrin Augur

Milk with oreos you savage!
    Frogmancer and Toruch Fleshrot like this.
  14. Scorrpio Augur

HAs still scale. And there are almost 40 missions to do aside from Gribbles. HAs in Lab everything was white/yellow while normal Lab is blue/cyan.
  15. Cicelee Augur

I will never understand the whole "I want it now " mentality gamers have.

Like someone earlier mentioned they got 18% XP at 109 in a day. Well, that means in five or six days you are going to be 110. Is that really such a bad and terrible thing?
  16. IblisTheMage Augur

Old school xp is good.
  17. tnot Elder

Neither eqresource nor ZAM has indexed listings of HAs in EOK or other recent expansions, neither are HA givers marked on my maps. Without people asking questions like this, which would seem mundane or obvious to some, I'd have never known these quests/ avenues for exp even exist, as a returning player.

The Partisan and merc quests are indexed but the HAs are not.

Some of the answers here are really helpful to people when this stuff is not easily found any other way so don't bash people for asking questions, when the replies are really useful to players and the information is not easily found any other way.
  18. Tatanka Joe Schmo

One helpful hint for finding HAs: Clayton Teek gives two bonus quests each day for completing particular HAs. He'll also port you to the HA quest giver.

So, if you're looking for new HAs, and bonus XP for completing them, and likely other people who also want to do them and may want to group up, Clayton Teek is a great way to do that.

As to HA givers being marked on your map.... I use Goode's map pack, and they are marked on there, at least, I do remember seeing some of them being marked.

Also, on EQResource, if there are HAs, they're usually under the Merc quests. That is to say, all HAs are merc quests, but not all merc quests are HAs. At least in the first few expansions which had HAs.

Tat

Ohh, just thought of another way to find the HAs. They all pay out alternate currency for that expac, so if you look up the alt currency on ZAM, it'll show a list of HAs which will reward that currency.

For example, here's the page for Sathir's Trade gems:
    http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=126749

I see 5 HAs associated with EoK.
  19. Brohg Augur

I can't think of any HAs that just "exist" without being linked to either Mercenary or Partisan of their zone
  20. Tatanka Joe Schmo

I think he means, when you look at the quest pages in EQResource, they're not specifically marked as HAs. That's why I suggested looking up the currency as the easiest way to identify them.