Who thought that mobs making you drunk was a good idea?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by qucae, Jan 3, 2018.

1. Vanrau Augur

Another Tequila Sunrise is what they should have named it.
  2. Savager Augur

soothing psalm of the sunrise, thank you so much =)
  3. Koryu Professional Roadkill

It took me about 600 short beers to raise my Alcohol Tolerance the 25 new points, drank 10 at a time.
  4. Zhaunil_AB Augur

5. Tatanka Joe Schmo

That certainly has not been my experience. Still around skill level 200, gave up years ago. Took several hundred attempts each for skill points 201 and 202.
  6. Koryu Professional Roadkill

So, I assume that the chance to raise a skill is based on how frequently you perform it and also by a stat check. Most skills use INT/WIS primarily to check skillup rate, with exceptions for certain tradeskills if the other stat is higher (STR for smithing, DEX for fletching, etc). Drinking lowers INT/WIS when you do it, so I assumed it was counterproductive to get absolutely trashed because skillup rate would be low when INT/WIS is a fifth of its usual value. I would note my normal INT/WIS values and drink in batches, how much was based on how much my mental stats changed, and then wait for INT/WIS to normalize. The level change in Ring of Scale meant drinking again, but because tradeskill components like Short Beer now stack to 1000, it made inventory space less of a problem while working the skill up. No way I would have carried around the required 600 drinks before. Previously, I used Brell's Fishing Pole to summon stacks between missions.
    You could just do the suicide workaround to get your skill up, but you may as well just work on it over time since skillup rate seems slower as your INT/WIS is lowered.
  7. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

8. Bigstomp Augur

I've found it seems more like attempts vs stats. Raising it on 2 toons, one in the high 200 range can only have a few drinks before being intoxicated. Another that started in the high 400's can drink a lot more. Skilling them both up at the same time the one with high AT went up about 50 points in the time the other went up 20 points. (both using the same drinks and tabbing between them to click)
  9. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

It's always been my experience in EQ that the farther you are away from the cap, the slower the skill raises come. The last time I tried to raise AT was on a Heroic toon so it started at 450 or something like that. Had to drink 20 of whatever I had just to get 1 point. Now I'm drinking sporadically to see if I can get raises when not staggeringly drunk. Not sure if or how much that matters.