Feral Swipe AA - TLP servers

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by NotSkrem, Jan 7, 2018.

1. NotSkrem New Member

Has there been an official response regarding the drop in DPS using feral swipe's round kick vs regular kick? I've seen posts stating that even with rank 2 when TSS releases, regular kick will still out damage.

Again, seems screwed up that an AA line with a starting cost of 9AA was changed and is a complete waste now.
  2. Riou EQResource

No word, would have to maybe wait on the real patch for the month to see if addressed
  3. Boze TLP complaint factory

Hey totally-not-my-guildy-skrem, more fun facts! I test copied, dinged 71, tried rank 2 of feral swipe, and regular Kick still outparsed Round Kick + Feral Swipe!
  4. NotSkrem New Member

totally-not-my-guildy-boze , is there a way to pull up a parse from before the change? I'm curious how much dps loss there was. We're already so low on DPS that i dont think it was much.. I do miss seeing those big crits when feral swipe landed.
  5. smash Augur

This on live, prior to the change feral was 1 of the first i would buy in an expansion, now it is the last.

The damage is now something like 50% down compared to earlier and there no difference that i could see during beta between the last 2 ranks.

Having no way to test, I fear that buy rank 1 very likely gives close to same damage as max rank, just get the skill and you get the 95%+ of the total damage.
  6. Boze TLP complaint factory

I don't have a length parse of pre-patch feral swipe, but looking through pre-patch logs it ranges wildly from like 30-70, probably because it had such a tendency to miss, and the crits on it could be pretty significant.

Tail Rake (Dragon Punch) adds about 20-30ish, so it comes close to balancing out in changes, but it is still a nerf. The biggest problem with the change is that it makes the AA line effectively worthless, like you said in the post. It does seem to have higher accuracy than regular Kick, but it does less dps, and introduces an extra hit for riposte/DS to trigger from the mob.
  7. Boze TLP complaint factory

There are two things I like about the change:
    1. Awesome monk melee animations
    2. I don't need to press a button every 30 seconds.
  8. NotSkrem New Member

I agree, the quality of life change is great and appreciated. At the same time, I shouldn't have to go into min/maxing theorist mode to check if the AA i purchased was really worth it.
  9. smash Augur

I however do have to press manually the 3 things as l mikro manage it.
    As i will use a combination if eagle strike/tiger claw. And for that i have to press button each 3 sec, not to do so would be to lose the dot or the debuff.

Round kick(feral swipe) can be used manually or autoskill

All of this is doing the whack a mole thing for bst