Solo raid targets

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Nekuliz, Jan 6, 2018.

1. Nekuliz Journeyman

I have a end game raid geared bst mage and so. Was wondering whats the top raid expansion i could solo with one of these toons. Was thing of leveling my alts and raid gearing them according to expansion out of boredom and curiousity. Was thinking the best i could do was some of seeds of destruction or maybe crystallos. Any info would be awesome. Thanks.
  2. Zhaunil_AB Augur

Except for CoA and DoN raids (for which there was a use), i did not even try to solo any old raid.
    I would also say that, from a gear perspective, none is likely worthwhile, even if a few expansions beyond DoN were soloable (and i am confident ppl solo some beyond what i did).

We've recently done a few group/small-raid-sized trips back to HoT (which i ha dmissed) and i can say that i were unable to solo those in Full EoK-raid.
    So i would say the answer to your question, mechanics like in Sisters aside, is somewhere between OoW and UF perhaps or even further down.

Since you say though that you want to gear some ALT "according to expansion"...
    I would say (as in: me, i - totally subjective and egocentrical) that nothing's worth the time that were needed to actually find out.
    Because by the time i had, i would long have reached the next (few) 5-level increment(s).
    It's really far easier to level on to the 80 "if need be" and stop there to farm the Grounds or similar zones for the HoT-gear that is comparable to heroic stuff.
    Even better were - imo - to level a ROG to 105 (for SoS2) or some other class to a "useable level".
    Far more productive ways to occupy oneself with when bored :)
  3. Slippry Augur

HoT's upper house, and maybe a VoA raid should be within your solo/boxing capabilities.
  4. Mehdisin Mahn Augur

a raid geared SK should be able to solo tick tock I would think. the grounds raid is also at least duo-able. and the same goes for the well. actually most of HoT raids are doable with 1-2 folks. except for (ironically) the very first raid, which 100% requires at least 3 people.

voa raids, might be able to knock out a couple of those as well I guess.
  5. Bigstomp Augur

Really depends on the events. Some events are easily overpowered by higher levels. Some not so much.

Off the top of my head I would think you could do these or at least come close to doing them:
    (RoF) Velishan
    (RoF) The tree raid, I forget the name
    (HoT) Tick tock
    (HoT) House upper
    (RoF) - Most of NToV, although some dragons may give you issues
    (CoTF) - Deadhills 1 (it's really just a dps check - may or may not have enough, but HT helps)
  6. Melonkhali New Member

Raids are by definition not meant to be solo'd, sounds like some serious exploiting being planned here
    Slippry likes this.
  7. Nekuliz Journeyman

Well definition of raid: sudden attack on an enemy. Or: to rob, break into, plunder, pilliage, hold up, steal from,steal from, heist. Now the very definition of raid can be done solo. Albeit probably stupid but can be done. Now to make it more reasonable can be done with 2-3 toons as will probably be done to gear up alts as is my plan. So according to the definition of raid by English dictionary there will be no exploiting going on. This is just a dumb end game raider better learning his toon while gearing up others.
  8. Zalamyr Augur

That's a pretty big leap in logic there...
    Quatr, FubarEQ, Ishtass and 3 others like this.
  9. Jumbur Improved Familiar

For most raids you would need to circumvent the request-limitation and invite "dummy-group-members", in order to request the raid. I doubt many people would regard that as an exploit...

I really wist they would let us skip the "dummy-group" requirement and just let us request them solo(both missions and raids).
    Felicite, Andarriel and Tatanka like this.
  10. Melonkhali New Member

Of course I got serious responses /eyeroll
  11. Slippry Augur

Enjoy your one week suspension for bypassing sarcasm lockouts.
    Melonkhali and Tatanka like this.
  12. Zalamyr Augur

I suppose it is my fault for expecting a single thread to avoid the banned band of crying brothers.
  13. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

I wish I could do Ldon solo but I need to have my trader and merc in group to get a adv of course my merc I have on passive. I'm doing hunter which takes a good while since I get adv and win it and not just send in a ranger to see whats up lol.

Andarriel