Mounts and Melee / Hybrids

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by kinadafz, Dec 4, 2017.

1. kinadafz Augur

What are the advantages and disadvantages to using a mount for a straight melee class? Same question for a hybrid like bst/ranger?
  2. svann Augur

It's slow to move and harder to get to the precise spot you want.
  3. kinadafz Augur

Can you use all skills still like kick?
  4. Riou EQResource

Don't think any of special skills fire on mounts?
  5. Wyrinn New Member

At low levels, the hp boosts from the nice mounts are worthwhile.
  6. Ryanxp Augur

If you have the DBC or platinum to buy a mount and have energy, I would suggest buying one. You won't have to "sit" after the fights to meditate and you will be able to cast and do all skills (with few exceptions, ie. Frenzy).

If you don't have an energy pool, there's no reason to buy one, unless you buy an expensive one from the bazaar or one from the DB in-game store, which will give a faster run-speed than SoW or any long-duration movement buff.

Disadvantages:
    Most, if not all, mounts have to slow down before they come to a complete stop,
    meaning you can't run from the monster, stop, and immediately cast - You will need to wait a couple seconds before you can cast, else it'd be interrupted.

Beastlord: I'd recommend not investing in a mount. They get SoW and in later levels, they cast a good energy regen

Ranger: Recommended (if boxing) because they use a bow. If the Ranger is your main character and tanking, I'd suggest not buying a mount: they get SoW and you'll probably find a mount more trouble than it's worth

Pure Melee: Not recommended! aside from run-speed boost
  7. Eckish Lorekeeper

If you are getting a mount with a stat buff, you can cast the mount and the mount + stat effect will be in separate buffs. Click off the mount and keep the stat boost.
    moogs likes this.
  8. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

I recommend using a mount on all classes. They help you get where your going faster. Since max velocity is 75 and even with some increased AA it appears top speed is 57 without bard singing then all classes benefit from the mount speed increase. They also help mana regen and some of them provide additional buffs like extra HP or Mana. There are a few easy to get mounts in the game so you don't have to spend plat or real money in marketplace.
  9. Primax New Member

There is no mana regen benefit while attacking a mob, for a melee/hybrid i use mounts for 2 things.

1. For faster travel (when not fighting)
    2. For whatever hp buff they give (you dont need to stay mounted to keep this buff)
    Ryanxp likes this.
  10. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

All the mount blessing buffs include increase in mana and hp. And you can click most all off and keep the buff. Some include endurance and resists. I consider this one regen as I do for Qela and Rena.

Increase Current Mana v2 by 5 per tick
    Increase Max HP by 350
    Increase Current HP by 5 per tick