BRD Melee ADPS Songs Parses

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by Sirene_Fippy, Apr 22, 2016.

1. Sirene_Fippy Okayest Bard

I parsed these a few months ago. The parses are not very long (3600s+) but I do not think I'm going to redo them. Decided I should share instead of letting them sit in my HD.

The purpose was to determine how much ADPS you get from each song, to decide what order to play them, and at what point nukes become more DPS than group songs. And to tell the difference in ADPS gains for a ROG and BRD, due to difference in AA/skill caps. These parses are only valid for bard ADPS alone; I don't have the other classes available to make a more realistic burn parse.

Here's the results:
    [IMG]

The best ADPS songs (of those I tested) for a melee DPS group are: Aria, War March, Suffering, Arcane, and Storm Blade (Storm Blade and Arcane are much higher for the BRD since the procs are Singing modded). These songs are roughly additive - adding the ADPS of each 5 songs for BRD and ROG gives you roughly the same ADPS as I parsed when playing all 5 songs.

Background info:
    [IMG]

The 105 ROG is TDS/TBM group geared with Sekrivitax, Kris of the Sol`Dal and Lieutenant's Ornamental Blade (CotF raid T2 and T1 piercers) both with 11 dmg augs. ROG did not backstab or use any abilities, just autoattack.

The 105 BRD is TDS/TBM raid geared with Shimmering Quill of the Lady and Peacock Feather of the Lady augged with proc augs (Venemous Tear - 8 dmg/750 poison dd and Sigil of Thokk - 10 dmg/306 lifetap dd). BRD just used autoattack.

Buffs were Symphony of Battle, overhaste clicky (17%), Aura of Maetanrus Rk. III. ROG was procing 33% HHE (Blade Fury). Opponent was Combat Dummy Taza with base stats.

I don't really have much to say other than the numbers above... they seem really low for ADPS, but this doesn't include things like Backstab and real discs, and the ROG is undergeared. These numbers should increase when more stuff is added, and hopefully the % value is useful.
  2. Brohg Augur

What did you conclude with regards to those Insults, then?
  3. Sirene_Fippy Okayest Bard

I'm going to write a separate thread, but the main idea is this -

- You can play 1 Insult with A Tune.. running and gain 9.5k DPS (non-burn) without losing any group ADPS.
    - You can play 2 Insults with A Tune.. running and gain 15k DPS, and your group will lose the 2 lowest ADPS songs.

Storm Blade is arguably 100 DPS per person, 500 for the bard (900 DPS total for a melee group)
    Arcane Melody is arguably 300 DPS per person, 2200 for the bard (3400 DPS total for a melee group)
    Total for these two songs is 4300 ADPS.
    This is less than the difference between using two nukes, meaning it is more total DPS to use two nukes during a burn, even accounting for the two lost ADPS songs on your group.

I can only sustain two nukes for 240s, most raid events are much longer. In those cases it is more DPS long term to use 1 nuke for a longer duration.
  4. Enkel Augur

Are you planning to do some with combat abilities?
  5. Sirene_Fippy Okayest Bard

No, because I don't know how to play a rogue. I don't know that I could automate it with my keyboard either. Also the rogue's gear is kind of behind, so it might be unrealistic.

It would be nice to have a max level of every class, raid (or decently) geared that I could fully automate. And actually know how to play those classes. That's a little dream of mine :p
  6. Enkel Augur

If I have time I'll do some parses on a raid rogue, zerker, and monk to see the gains. Might never happen, pretty busy atm, but if I get the time free I'll do it.
    Sirene_Fippy likes this.
  7. Brohg Augur

The "for the bard" numbers would apply also to any ranger/beastlord grouped?
  8. Tevik Augur

Not for proc songs like Arcane and Storm Blade. The damage on these procs are boosted by bard instrument modifiers, as part of a previous effort to bring bard sustained dps up a (very) little bit.
  9. Sirene_Fippy Okayest Bard

I was testing the actual proc dmg for different classes and found some interesting things.

Note spell damage bonus for procs is TRUNC(0.25 * spell damage), so for 1000 spell damage you get 250 spell damage bonus on procs.

- The mods for Arcane Melody and Storm Blade work as expected (460% with 360 Wind mod, 420% with 320 Singing mod).
    - Song of Suffering/Spiteful Lyric are not effected by Boon of the Seeress. I think this is because these procs are "skill procs" and are excluded from Boon (6: Limit Type: Exclude Combat Skills)
    - Even though the base proc for Storm Blade is only 100 DD, the modded version for bards is considered the "cap" of the song (420 DD). Meaning a bard with 1000 spell damage will get their full 250 spell damage bonus on Storm Blade, while a ranger with 1000 spell damage will only get a 100 spell damage bonus.
    - Of all the procs, most are virtually unresistable except Song of Suffering and Spiteful Lyric. These are resisted about 25% of the time (undebuffed 105 Combat Dummy)
    - Storm Blade and Song of Suffering/Spiteful Lyric procs cannot be twincasted. Arcane Melody and base weapon procs can be twincasted with the Twinproc AA (Twinproc 6 1: Increase Chance to Twincast by 18%). Everyone has the Twinproc AA except INT casters.

Tevik gave a good answer. Here's an additional comparison between hybrid and melee classes, ignoring the bard mod.

What you get out of DD procs really depends on archetype AA. It should be the same across each archetype.

Pure Melee:
    Empowered Ingenuity 3 (+30% Crit Nuke Dmg)
    Ingenuity 9 (21% Crit Nuke Chance)
    DoN (1% Crit Nuke Chance)
    = 200% (Base Crit Dmg) + 30% = 230% Crit Dmg and 22% Crit Chance

Hybrid:
    Destructive Fury 15 (+130% Crit Nuke Dmg)
    Spell Casting Fury 3 (+100% Crit Nuke Dmg, + 7% Crit Nuke Chance)
    Fury of Magic 18 (+6% Crit Nuke Dmg, +33% Crit Nuke Chance)
    DoN (1% Crit Nuke Chance)
    = 200% (Base Crit Dmg) + 130% + 100% + 6% = 436% Crit Dmg and 41% Crit Chance

Here is a table showing the damage values for the classes I tested, and a theoretical one for RNG (would be same for BST): (BRD is wearing a belt with Boon of the Seeress)
    [IMG]

Since the AA damage is so much higher for hybrids, we get more out of procs than pure melee. When Auspice and other discs are running, it gets a bit better for the pure melee. You can see this directly with the SHD and ROG, since they have the same spell damage bonus. The ROG crit spell damage is way lower than SHD, and they will crit much less frequently. The BRD damage is double that of the ranger for Arcane Melody. For Storm Blade, if the RNG had Boon of the Seeress also, the damage difference would be roughly 25% lower than the bard (so guesstimating 375 DPS instead of bard's 500 DPS). This makes Storm Blade pretty bad all around. (Not that it seemed that great at 105 to begin with!)

Unfortunately I didn't keep track of # of procs for each parse, or have a good way to go back and check (some of these procs have the same landing message). That would be worth testing in the future.
    code-zero likes this.
  10. Sirene_Fippy Okayest Bard

I'm going to rescind my previous statement about 2 nukes - after going over the proc damage for another hybrid, if you have one hybrid in your group it would not be worth it to use a 2 nuke burn. If you had 0 hybrids in group, it would be very very close, but probably still not worth it since you can burn longer with 1 nuke for nearly identical DPS. It would be a DPS increase if SHM in group is using a pet (not sure how reliable those are these days).

This is only certain for bard only ADPS, in a real burn scenario things might change a bit.
  11. sunkist New Member

Very informative and helpful especially for us returning bard as main.

Considering we got Troubadour's Synergy and the recent buff to it now, we could spam the hell out of it in a short right!

Deserve a bump for sure, keep us posted with new things coming up!