Agnarr progress, confusion about point system

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by ShaggyGrant, Nov 27, 2017.

1. ShaggyGrant Journeyman

According to the bottom of agnarr progress page the points will work with highest mob being worth 100, lowest being worth 10 and everything increasing by even increments in between, if this is the case, aow is worth 100, vulak 93.077, tunare 86.154, warders 79.231, ct 72.308, sont 65.385, doze 58.462, tormax 51.538, statue 44.615, dain 37.692, yelinak 30.769, klandi 23.846, zlandi 16.923, and velk 10.

Adding all these up totals 770 yet faceless who killed almost everything day 1 got 943 points so something isn't adding up.

Is the point system adjusted for velious? If so can we see the updated point system somewhere? On the Agnarr forums where the kills are updated it shows basically the same thing except ignoring the 10 points for lowest target thing and all targets in a different order, this would actually result in lower overall points once again making me wonder where the 943 almost maximum came from.
  2. Arrk Augur

Basically, the points decay as the expansion progresses. If you killed all target day one... you got full value. As the days of the expansion goes on, you get less per target for the first time kills.

Basically, the quicker you kill targets when the expansion releases, the more points you get
  3. ShaggyGrant Journeyman

Right, I get that, the total for first day clears though should have been 770, not 943.

Then afterwards ((86-x)/85)*y

Where x = the day the mob was killed and y = the point value of the mob.

So where did all these extra points come from and where can we find the point values of each mob at the start of the expansion? Are the point values just arbitrary now instead of following the system laid out?
  4. jeskola pheerie

Yes, as is that entire concept.
    andross77 likes this.
  5. ShaggyGrant Journeyman

With the way the concept was explained by the site and how it worked in kunark the only thing arbitrary was the order of mobs, which should probably be something voted on by the different guild leaders before the expansion launches for clarity to all ahead of time.

The way the site says it is supposed to work is 100 for highest value, 10 for lowest value and everything in between separated by equal intervals, 14 targets for velious means 13 intervals so they get separated by 6.923 points. This part is not arbitrary at all, any guild can go in see the kill list and math out how many points they will get by killing things in what order on the expansion start date assuming the order of the list is given ahead of time (I'm pretty sure Tunare was ahead of Vulak in the pre-velious list, then it got changed at some point, but changing the order is a different issue).

While mob #2 mob might not be 6.923 points less difficult than mob #1 it helped lay out the kill order for competing guilds and set guidelines so everyone knew how it would work. It seems like the site has just taken all of this and thrown it away without any details as to how things are currently being weighed. Just rewarding points as they deem necessary without using their own standards set in place.
  6. Ethiria New Member

So the explanation is a little outdated and didn't include point values. I just added them.

Point values are:

AoW - 100
    Each Mob after - 5 points less
    Velketor - 35

I changed it up a bit because I realized that Velektor is not 10% as hard as AoW, so it seemed silly to leave it at that point. I thought a 35 floor was better. I am open to suggestions for Luclin, though.

85 days between Velious/Luclin IIRC, so you lose one point on an 85 point mob per day.

I hope that helps clarify things a little.

OW means nothing on this server. It's all about who can get people online first, and very few if any guilds will ever try to compete for OW targets. It means nothing in regards to the competency of the raid force. This is why I don't bother rewarding OW kills any bonuses. I have no problem highlighting them though.
    HappyPanda likes this.
  7. Rouan Augur

Does FE having people running epiced monk box armies (at least 2 sets of 5 I've seen) make them better than anybody or just min-maxing who'll wait for you to clear all of Tunare's trash to go in full mana?

People avoid they can challenge on because they're dicks, not because they're better players.
  8. Rouan Augur

I love that we're annoying this guy so much.
  9. Protocol Dragon Defender

I don't think F3ar is really a member of FE. At least I hope not... No one on the server really cares who gets open world content and anyone who thinks otherwise is probably deluded.

We only have one monk box team but I'd love a second one. We will be selling these AoW pants soon otherwise.
  10. Wowjustwow Elder

Because it feels good to be king. When you get completely decked out on your character before other guilds are close, you feel like the big king on the block.

I think by "no one cares" he means other folks on the server don't care.
    Faceless Cares (lol Lockjaw pun!) for sure because all of these extra kills are what deck players out and the gear we get directly contributes to Faceless having 18/20 of the top DPS in our last DPS race with equal raid forces and that was without us using discs!
  11. Trevalon Augur

Careful boys we got an internet tough guy here that thinks anyone cares about kills on the 5th iteration of progression servers on an 18 year old game!

This race was over a long time ago :p
  12. Trevalon Augur

lol, You must be new to these servers :p

Those of us who have been doing this for 10 years love people like you, I have a few of you in my guild so funny :)
    Wowjustwow likes this.
  13. Trevalon Augur

Never said I didnt care about EQ, I enjoy EQ and its cheap fun entertainment.

What I said is I and I suspect MOST people don't care about dps racing, who kills what, how fast they kill it, when they kill it, and if they beat some other guild to killing it. None of that stupid crap matters, and it especially doesn't matter on servers that have instances lol.

If our guild is passing through a zone and a mob happens to be up we may kill or we may not, shockingly we went into NTOV for just some fun farming with more than enough to kill NTOV dragons of which some were up and no faceless to be seen and ya know what we did? We didn't kill them cause...we didn't care. They stayed for hours while we happily killed mobs in ETOV for funsies.

I know that's shocking to you that a guild with the means to kill a raid mob would just not kill it, but guess what? We don't care that much :p
    PaladinX and Wowjustwow like this.
  14. Wowjustwow Elder

15. ShaggyGrant Journeyman

I don't look at this for a little while and it turns into a **** show, thanks Ethiria for clarifying the points for me though.
  16. Pictarous Augur

To be clear, the “raid force that chose not to do dragons” was 26 people in HoT screaming at each other in /ooc for training drakes.

I’m sure your guild doesn’t “care” about raid targets when they can’t clear and are wiping to minis in HoT ;)
  17. Xeris Augur

Contesting OW content is fun. Not many people try for it, but I wish they did. There were 4 guilds going for OW Klandicar yesterday and it was hectic and fun. Most guilds won't even try to contest Faceless because they will likely lose a dps race
    F3ar likes this.
  18. SithWizard Elder

Hey, I am down for the occasional DPS race, it adds a bit of fun and some salt. I am not saying that I want to OW dps race everything! I like the instanced raiding, it cuts down on a lot of headaches and lets people with jobs and kids raid.

Anyways back to watching this flame war, it slightly amuses me.
  19. jeskola pheerie

12 and 8? I've soloed all that content!
  20. RandomStrategy Augur