How can mid tier guilds beat Kar'Zok now to access RoS T1 raids?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Blitter, Nov 18, 2017.

1. Blitter Elder

There have been a heap of changes over the last 12 months.

When RoI first beat this event, they were able to stack rk 1, 2, 3 alliances on the same mob and for them to fulmigate.
    Twohanders were sick for tanks.
    There have been ...
    Huge changes to stances.
    Huge changes to crit stacking.
    Huge changes to hybrids just recently.

I'M OK WITH ALL THAT
    But with so many changes, imo , the guilds that have currently beat Kar'zok should have there EoTD2 nullifed and asked to do it only ONCE more WITHIN the timer b4 proceeding to RoS raids.

I just cannot see many guilds beating it within the timer now with some many changes. I have beaten this event with a few guilds b4..and one guild went 40mins over the timer. Only one guild managed to stay within the timer on the first run, and i really doubt that would occur again given the changes.
    Hiladdar likes this.
  2. Axxius Augur

40 min timer on that event doesn't make much of a difference. I don't know how much time it takes to power up to really hurt, but the timer is not the reason you fail when you take too long, attrition is.

Are you just fishing for a 'How To Beat The Kar'Zok' post from the guy who posted their guild's Queen and Vault strats? ;)

I'm sure he'll post it soon. But if the Vault is any indication, it will probably be way over-complicated and may send you on a wrong path where the event will be harder to beat than it really is. :D

Just do your own thing, and if it doesn't work out before Dec 12, you'll just overpower it at lv 110.
  3. Mortium Elder

not sure if Axxius will kick me from the guild for posting our secret strat, but here goes.

A) Moar deeps
    B) Don't die
    C) Listen to Axxius (unless he is behind a locked door....)
    Axxius and feeltheburn like this.
  4. Cicelee Augur

It is impossible. Cannot be done. The best thing is to accept that and never come to the forums again.

I am wondering, this is like the 33rd thread about EOK raids and guilds that have not beaten them. How many more threads are needed? I am guessing another 472 should do...
    gotwar and Metanis like this.
  5. Xnao Augur

5th by Blitter. He should be somehow rewarded for his persistence and all his free time.
    feeltheburn likes this.
  6. feeltheburn Augur

if you feel the timer is beating you....you got it wrong. Its the war of attrition that is.

btw Mort is right listen to Axx....I try to ...dont want a I m being bad tell......
  7. Zhaunil_AB Augur

This is a BS request?!
    Even a BS suggestion to make.
    While i share your stance on the "early winners" as well as on the "they've made things harder over time, through various means", there have been guilds that have still beaten it "as is" for the first time.
    Is it hard? yes.
    Is it harder than when EoK was just released? yes.
    Is it impossible because of that? No.

We never ran into any timer-related problems wit this one as far as i remember (i might be wrong though, i'm old and so my memory is accordingly... short sometimes) - we either wiped quick or killed this.

On your "i just cannot see" part:
    Just you not seeing something doesn't mean it doesn't exist.
    By now, people have various videos to look at for example and while they do not tell you everything of course, they give a good indication on how to do it.
    Since different people have different issues on the same problem, the problematic points for you might be the "soft" ones, like the roster in general, the group-setup, the movements.
  8. p2aa Augur

I have no doubt these high end raid guilds would still beat this raid. Because their DPS would still allow them to beat this raid faster than low tier raiding guild who take 4 x more time for the same event.
    And for an elite high end DPS raiding guild like RoI, I would guess it's 8 x more faster than a low tier raiding guild.

If you think that high end raid tanks, when learning these raids and for the first wins of these raids, were tanking with 2hander some trash add mob who are hitting enough hard, with healers not being able to crit heal with no EoD II, you are very mistaken.
    Defensive proficiency % has been reduced, it went from 30 % to 20 % the 04/19/2017 and from 20 % to 12% the 09/20/2017. So you lost 18 % mitigation.
    But if you have beaten all the first raids of these expansion enough time, you are full EoK visible raid gear, and filled with some non visible raid EoK slots too, that you have been able to buy of new raids you have beaten (Queen, Vault for example), with the currency hoarding you got from beating the first 3 EoK raids over and over.
    While these high end raid guilds were full TBM raid gear, and did not have time to gear in EoK before.

Also, from a personal point of view, this reduction of the % of defensive proficiency allows you to see tanks that are good at survival and those who aren't. Average tanks in high end raid guilds are dieing more now, while good tanks still live nearly as good as before.
    I realize it's a burden for bad tanks that populate low tier raiding guilds, but then I have a lot of sympathy too with the handful of very good DPS in these guilds that cannot max DPS because these bad tanks are unable to hold aggro too(and I think of some warriors here).
    So, this defensive proficiency % reduction would still hurt low tier raiding guilds way more than high end tier raiding guilds, because you have more good tanks in the high end tier ones.
  9. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

To answer the OP's question on how to beat Kar'zok:

Make the Reaper and Snowblaze have 0 hit points before your raid has zero hit points = win!
    Sindaiann and Metanis like this.
  10. Bahdah Augur

You guys are such elitists...
  11. Tucoh Augur

I feel like the metric missing in all of this is the comparison of DPS and mitigation of RoS players vs EoK players.

I'd be very interested to see what kind of DPS increase we get at 110 vs EoK raid mobs.
  12. Intenso Augur

Mid tier guilds beat it months ago ?Low tier won't until 110?
  13. Robnie Augur

I will be happy to give any raid leader/guild leader a walk through of event mechanics and choices(and how my guild personally does them) that wants one. I wont post a long detailed strat about the various options you have to chose from with this event because I didn't even do when my guild was learning it.

Basically you have to chose if you want the snowblaze/reaper to be balanced, or break the reaper out of balance. You have to chose if you want to break frost shields or flame shields (or both, I guess) and you need to take into consideration how you split your dps up on the snowblaze and the reaper/bugs. There's pros and cons of each choice it really depends on your guilds class balance and strengths and weaknesses . My guild personally breaks flame shields but I know a lot of other guilds break frost ones.

Also sometimes you just need a whole lotta "play better", most wipes are user error and not faulty strats

PS: Spoil your monks until everyone gets blockers, their crits are anyways so they're probably one of the stronger dps classes pre blocker.

Alliances are op, USE THEM - MAKE SURE THEY ARE USED
  14. Axxius Augur

If you are thinking which class to give the blockers first, a hint: it starts with 'W' and it's not Warrior. ;)
    Robnie likes this.
  15. Xnao Augur

More specific, more capitals, etc.
  16. Robnie Augur

A long long time ago, I was just a wee raid leader in a mid tier guild when I was asking a certain necro for help with *insert annoying voa t3 or t4 event here* and he said "play better"

Here I am still a wee raid leader but at least my guild is top 10 now!
  17. Xnao Augur

Yeah yeah, I feel like I helped more than that. Also meant to tell you nice job but you never come around anymore!

Or did I get to tell you nice job, I can't remember.
  18. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Round and round we go... where these posts stop, no one knows.
  19. Xnao Augur

I hope we go round and round like a merry go round forever and ever.
  20. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

So if I am understanding this right, there is an EoK raid which will give a special that will be used in RoS, but getting that something special requires that the guilds beat the EoK raid before a certain timer in the event expires. Then the OP postulates that, with the numerous changes that have been made to the game since EoK came out, most guilds who currently have that special thing would not be capable of obtaining it if they were subject to current limitations because they would exceed the timer? I ask because I've seen a bunch of people talk about the timer not being the issue and the whole thing being about attrition, but none have shown anything saying that they could do it before the timer in the current environment.