I started on Phinigel and had to take a break. Only level 39, should I start over somewhere else?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Bumbler, Nov 15, 2017.

1. Bumbler New Member

I started a short while after Phinigel launched. I got both a warrior and cleric to level 39. They have gear that was pretty decent in the original EQ but this late in the game it is not going to be good.

Would it be pointless to return to phinigel in this situation? I could start over on Agnarr which is still only in Velious. Expansions past PoP are not a huge draw for me but I do recall having some fun in OoW.

Is the pre 50 game at all active on Phinny?
  2. Coppercoz Augur

I am not sure I would call it pointless, but grouping will be very sparse below 60 on phinny. You will mostly find folks leveling up alts with a high level box helping out. Given the group xp bonus, most people I have come across while leveling my alts are more than happy to throw out group invites.

Tanks are often in short supply, but also take the most work. I believe the next expansion will provide the luclin aa autogrants, which should help somewhat.

I don't play on Agnarr so wouldn't know what the pre 50 grouping scene looks like. I would hate to limit myself to just ldon. I found both GoD and Oow to be very good expansions and am looking forward to expansions I've never experienced. There are a few guild progressing on their own pace on Phinny.
  3. Rainlover Augur

I do not play on Agnarr, so i cannot say anything about its sub 50 game. As for Phinny, We would love to have you back. I think what you have to decide though is if the game past OoW holds an interest for you, as you said past pop is not a huge draw. if you want to try post OoW EQ, come back, level up, you have invested time in the toons already. If you think the game post OoW holds little interest for you, then I would recommend moving on.
  4. Astley Augur

If you ever want to see content past Omens of War - Stay on Phinny

If you only want to see content from Velious, Luclin, Planes of Power, Lost Dungeons of Norrath, etc, and no interest in going past 60 - restart on Agnarr.

That's really all there is to it. Agnarr will theoretically have more lower level groups for awhile, but once it caps out, people may get bored with the server and attrition may lose more groups. Phinny will at least keep progressing on a schedule and has a good number of raid guilds still active
  5. Dilf Augur

Come to Ragefire! Plenty of time to hit 65 and join us for GoD, OoW, and beyond!
    Kattria Minx likes this.
  6. Montag Augur

If you want to be able to take IRL breaks, play on Agnarr, the PoP-Locked nature of the server means you can never fall hopelessly behind.
  7. Zapsos Augur

But on the flip side, you are also more likely to run out of stuff to do.
  8. Montag Augur

You'd have to play an unhealthy amount to run out of stuff to do, unless you don't play alts. :)
  9. Bumbler New Member

Very good point.
  10. Adrienna New Member

I can't speak for Phinny, but I have a few characters on Agnarr at level 16 (I rolled them a couple weeks ago I think). My play times are dictated by a 4 year old's sleep schedule, but in the wee hours of the night on the west coast when I do manage to log on, I usually see several low level people or groups wherever I go. I've been killing crocs in SRo for the past few days and there are always others there doing the same thing. People are really nice and I have been having a lot of fun.
  11. Zapsos Augur

Many people don't like alts, but even if you do play alts, since the game stop progressing after LDoN it's just a matter of time before you hit the end of content.
  12. jeskola pheerie

Agnarr is the only pointless server at the moment.
  13. welly321 Elder

The hate phinny players have for agnarr is hilarious. Jealousy breeds contempt.
  14. Machentoo Augur

Jealousy, lol.

Take a look at Agnarrprogress.com vs phinnyprogress.com and come back with that jealousy BS.

What exactly is phinny jealous of?
  15. welly321 Elder

You tell me? I'm only calling it like I see it. Why else do phinny players talk so much crap about agnarr? You don"to see agnarr players talking crap about phinny.
  16. Machentoo Augur

Really? You talk crap about Phinny players and then immediately follow it up with "Agnarr players don't talk crap about Phinny players..."
  17. welly321 Elder

I actually mean agnarr players don't talk crap about phinny ( as in the server itself). Phinny players constantly call agnarr a prison server or a pointless server etc.
  18. Semah Augur

Phinigel advances 1 EQ expansion every 5 hours. They're currently on EQ's 817th expansion: "Inaccuracies of the Forum Warriors", which I think is a little too meta.
    Kattria Minx likes this.