Did Faceless wake the Sleeper?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by BurningHeart, Nov 10, 2017.

1. eqenthusiast1983 Elder

Same reason they were so hesitant to get the guild to help new bards get their trak kill for their epic, they just couldn't be trusted anymore.

;)
  2. Daija `Vu New Member

Don't pretend to "have done it for the good of the server"

BS> 1st of all wtf do you ~think are you to make decisions for every member of Agnarr? You didn't. You did it because You ALSO wanted to experience the content-In Era/not on test! You WANTED to Wake/Kill Sleeper and be THE guild who did on ANY server or Every Server possible if you're ~that dude/guild...* And we all know there are Those dudes....

I had no idea what RMT meant until I came back to EQ/Agnarr. There are TONS of casual players returning for "that old EQ feeling". Some of us have gotten close and others.. well have turned into something different and can never experience OG EQ because they - themselves have changed and are greedy a$$clowns now. *Thanks WoW.* We clearly saw this early on with the griefer guilds... And sadly continue to see it on occasion.

Sure, I'd like to have been involved with Sleeper this time... But I chose my friends. That is why I stayed playing when We came back. Funny to watch the little stream of people move out of the smaller guilds and toward FE just as Velious was launching.. *Partly, I'm sure in hopes to be involved* Heh.

I hit Sleeper back in the day when it ?accidently? spawned outside in OW; Maybe on TT/Prexus.

IDC much about ppl waking it. We all know No *cough guy* can resist ~epeening A Sleeper kill.... Not 1, given the ~easy "opportunity". But, It does bug me a bit that you guys then have to ~Blame the community~ "You had to do it to save us from the aweful future having those items on Agnarr would cause">... PULllllleeeze. You killed it to say you did.

If you didn't, You wouldn't be ~passively spraying your epeen juice all over the rest of us..with posts, videos, TLDR explanations or heh even * "You didn't miss anything, it wasn't that exciting". Really? WTF are you to make that judgement for me? Is that how you soothe yourselves at night to fall asleep?? "I stole from those ppl because they needed me to save them from themselves..."

We can all hope you guys aren't in RL jobs which allows you to make choices for others "in their best interest"... Heh.

IDC who killed it. It was stupid and selfish. But, we all expect it to happen because its impossible for most to control the impulse to be ~better or 1st or..an a$$clown...The end.

TLDR: Rambling from someone who doesn't give a crap that FE killed Sleeper.. Not impressed and think you are mostly selfish Epeening . * Cough R00sters* Eventually, All yard birds end up on the dinner table.
    Kattria Minx, Rouan and Jaxarale01 like this.
  3. Jewels New Member

1. ^ What the hell does that post even say?
    2. The sleeper was threatened to be awoken by several other guilds within the first week. If your guild still hasn't done anything in ST, then Faceless didn't do anything that some other guild or alliance wasn't planning to do within a week anyway.
    3. The zone is still mostly the same layout now anyway, some of the fights have changed and it's now immensely easier to get primal weapons. The loot is better from the warders, and there are still 3 easy ones and 1 tougher one, so it's essentially the same. From the look of the video that they posted, the last warder fight was a 35 minute dodge AE constantly kind of fight, doesn't even look fun.
    4. It's been posted before, if you wanted to experience this for yourself put in the effort next time or keep prodding DBG to change the way it works.
  4. Wowjustwow Elder

It sure as heck does compare as long as you keep the same levels, AA, and gear on the test server when killing these. There is absolutely no difference actually.

Apparently you do have issue.

The DE mask drops in guk. ;)

Yeah, that was one of the reasons why but not all of the reasons. Besides 5 guilds on agnarr planned to wake the sleeper at the first opportunity they had so I doubt many were seeing this content anyways short of seeing it on the test server.
  5. Wowjustwow Elder

Hmmmm? The Faceless DKP site can be viewed by the public. Which droppable items are you speaking of? You can sort the DKP system by item and see everyone that has got any particular droppable item. After that it is as simple as inspecting someone and seeing if they are wearing the item. Not that hard to do.

If they sell the items in Era, they are kicked from the guild no questions asked.

Go ahead and keep thinking it's just a bit RMT guild though. If you don't back this up with data than you are just a fart in the wind here because the Faceless DKP sight and the in game characters give enough data to back up that these droppable items you speak of are going to those that want them.

Another interesting fact is we haven't had a single piece of meaningful raid droppable loot go to the guild bank yet. (I say meaningful droppable loot because sometimes kland and sont drop some loot that I wouldn't even put on a level 30 lol)
    Sumonerr_Tunare likes this.
  6. Dandy Augur

I had no idea that Sleeper respawned on Test. That's kind of awesome actually. If people are really passionate about wanting to see the Sleeper then they should form a progression guild.

I still think it would be better if Daybreak just let everyone do it on the TLP's though. Having to choose between a throwaway test guild and a bad apple TLP guild isn't super appealing.
  7. Daija `Vu New Member

Jewels. It says, IDC who kills sleeper. However, it irritates me @ the posts that are -->> the lies people tell themselves to absolve themselves from residual doubt, guilt, shame <insert bad feeling here>. Don't take from the community and pretend it was for the communities best interest when it is/was/can never be for that. It is only for EGO; Only.

Everyone knew/knows people can't control their impulses to be 1st to wake/kill Sleeper. That isn't my/a lot of people's point. Everyone knew it would happen BUT don't pretend you ~did it to save me (us) from myself (ourselves)...."And it wasn't that much fun anyhow; Just do it on Test where it means nothing at all and you can't be a gnome etc on your main...."It really wasn't that big a' deal/Infact it was down right Boring.. and uneventful AND besides, we really have SAVED the server economy forever and ever from Evil gnome bards!"

These are the same kind of ppl who pass you on the Highway just to be in front of you. Except, These particular A$$clowns are trying to pretend they **--> "passed us (peasants) on the highway - to save us from a possible collision that they will instead absorb the impact for us because they have our best future interest in mind"

Stop believing the stories your head makes up.
    Jaxarale01 likes this.
  8. Machentoo Augur

You don't have to choose between them. Any progression server guild could just testcopy over one night and do it.
    Wowjustwow likes this.
  9. Wowjustwow Elder

You must have the biggest ego around if you think Zaide woke the sleeper and destroyed all of the droppable and no-drop loot with the sole intention of doing you a favor.

He planned on destroying droppable items to save his own guild from losing some good players that succumb to the huge monetary temptation of having a single droppable item that is, for some reason, worth $1000 or more to some folks.

This doesn't explain everything though. Why would he destroy no-drop items? The no-drop items don't have nearly the value that droppables do by nature. Resistance stones and other garbage loot is virtually worth nothing. Destroying those was a very smart act on his part and took a good amount of foresight on Zaide's part. Imagine you have a guild that has a roster of probably 150 people and raids with about 60-72 people at any given prime time raid. Of those 150 people, only 22 had the opportunity to go for these items. Just imagine how bitter someone could get if they really wanted an item like the monk robe but didn't even have a chance at it because they couldn't take Thursday/Friday off of work. Deleting no-drop items saves his own guild from unnecessary drama around a bunch of items that have no bearing on what his guild can kill. Some of the items are really nice but losing a player due to the drama around these items hurts a guild more than these items could every help the guild regardless of how many you got to drop.

As it happens though, most of the guilds, if given he same temptations and unequal opportunities, would have the same issues with this loot that Zaide had the foresight to be aware of. When people say Zaide did you a favor, they were probably right BUT I am positive Zaide didn't go into this to do you any favors. It was just a side effect.
    Ravanta Suffer likes this.
  10. Daija `Vu New Member

I'm referring to the comments like " to keep the big RMT items out of the Agnarr economy to save the server from the RMT'ers" And "You all didn't miss anything. It wasn't very exciting"

These types of comments have been made more than once.

Clearly, I don't think they did anything / favor for ME personally. I thought that point was clear. I could translate it into something more worthy of MMO forum posting like idk... Ancient Icelandic? Would that help?

Anyhow. Just say you (FE) did it because you wanted to be 1st.. Nothing more. No one cares it was killed. Well, we may care but we all knew it was inevitable and those with logical brains didn't even have it as a goal.... *shrug*

PS: Stop believing the stories your head makes up.

Think servers have been up! I got things to do! lol
    Jaxarale likes this.
  11. Jewels New Member

This guy above me gets it I think. I don't think Zaide did it to prevent RMT for the server, he wanted to avoid drama within Faceless. Given that large of a roster, there's bound to be drama over that kind of stuff. I suppose if you take away the temptation of loot it kills the temptation for drama. The fungi robe also is RMT bait, even if it's no-drop, I basically guarantee that makes it more tempting for someone to sell a monk account. Although, given the recent shared IP bans I think selling an account right now is almost impossible to do without getting banned.
    Jaxarale likes this.
  12. Jewels New Member

I also don't think FE did it to say they did it first. They wanted to be a part of the people that eventually did wake the Sleeper I am sure. I am sure the threat from Trucidation's leadership pushed them to keep to Zaide's original claim. Like I said, if FE didn't do it this week, other guilds were claiming they would do it next week.
  13. Daija `Vu New Member

Oh and the "No Drop" items have similar (potentially more) value to people who come to new TLPs hurry to Max/End game and sell their characters....and head to the next Character/s to do it all over again. And it pays their car payments.... etc..

* I couldn't/didn't even imagine EQ characters/items having real worthwhile value anymore... I just don't get it. But, apparently, It's a thing :rolleyes: Heh, A real Agnarr Plat seller/Farmer had to explain it to me and convince me it was a thing lol :p :(
  14. Daija `Vu New Member

And that's awesome Jewels! Good on any guild to do an event like Sleeper!

Just was tired of seeing comments about the RMT items and the server being "saved" by the martyrs FE :rolleyes: Because, that is just absurd and a narcissistic lie ppl tell themselves to absolve themselves of guilt/shame etc... ;)

Deleting those Items is a whole nother thing that may have/maybe not been "server /guild breaking". Who cares :p Those issues don't impactthe only point I wanted to make.

* I just use a lot of words :confused: and smilies! and dots! and ~ LoL. I am expressive!
    Jaxarale likes this.
  15. Jewels New Member

I don't think I have seen person from FE post about it being for the good of anyone but themselves. People may have interpreted it that way, but I doubt anyone that was there cared about much of anything. From what I understand they did ST last, after about 20 hours of raiding and 0 sleep I don't think I would care about anything.
  16. Mwapo Augur

Your posts read like the PeNgU1N oF d00m copypasta. I find it rather entertaining.
    Daija `Vu likes this.
  17. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

What kind of members does FE have that they feel they can't trust folks with virtual items worth any money.... o_O

Do you guys just have folks that earn a living playing a video game with no outside income?
  18. HoodenShuklak Augur

Would faceless have wakened the sleeper regardless?

Sure.

But I was watching that streamer and it was not faceless, and they were going to wake the sleeper. Let's face it, thats the pinnacle of e-glory on Agnarr. There's nothing else to do, so a number of people were gunning for it even outside of faceless.

For a super casual server like Agnarr, the only party I blame is deybreakgames for not caring enough to fix these obvious flaws. If it wasn't faceless, it woulda been someone else in about the same timeframe.
  19. Wowjustwow Elder

Honestly the comments quotes you keep bringing up are misguided attempts to try to soften the blow that was about to happen. People that try to soften the blow but fail miserably because they are suddenly telling people what they should think or that FE did this for anything other than trying to prevent losing good members of its guild.

The actions Zaide took spoke a lot louder than words. I think you understand how good the monk robe is and Zaide made sure that these robes didn't go to a monk. Zaide plays main monk and he knows better than anyone that he wasn't going to RMT if he got a robe. He still has goals on this server! So ask yourself why does he delete? He deletes to avoid the internal drama. He deletes to preserve his integrity. He deletes to avoid losing good players.

Why rush to release the sleeper in 22 hours you ask? Well if we plan on deleting all of our items but other guilds that form an alliance don't delete these items and get to do multiple clears there is suddenly drama again. Why are we deleting the items but the other guild gets to keep them? We avoided drama in our guild by waking the sleeper and getting rid of the items. Yes, they got some gear and 2 gnome masks but we can let them deal with the drama that all of these exclusive items carry along with them.

I don't discuss the pride aspect because that is even controversial within the guild. We feel like it isn't really an accomplishment on the same level as our other huge accomplishments like fastest Sky clear or fastest VP clear. It is an interesting accomplishment releasing the sleeper in less than 24 hours but, lets be honest, that was probably never to goal on any previous server so not any real pride involved.
  20. Protocol Dragon Defender

You can scoff at the idea if you want, but the original Faceless guild I led back when I was a teenager got stomped and I happily moved the guild to Test where we did Classic through Underfoot/HoT at our own pace, including waking the Sleeper as a guild. It was tons of fun and it was free. With instanced content you have the luxury of going over there for one night and

The idea that the alliance left a dragon up is laughable. I applaud their efforts and personally like big Cabdru, but the reality is they wiped for 6 hours against the easier dragons in their private instance.

As for why we did it? Because we could. We don't owe anyone any further explanation.
    Gana likes this.