Coming back to Lockjaw after a few years ...

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by LarsBars, Nov 6, 2017.

1. LarsBars New Member

Hey everyone,

My friend and I are coming back to play after a few years. We left lockjaw right as it was about to enable kunark. Now there's tons of expansions enabled and also the server seems super empty. We're playing brd/shd/shm at around level 30 so we can solo lots of things but it feels like we're playing on a fake server due to the low volume of people.

Can anyone give some tips or just tidbits of information that may be helpful? I'm assuming we can't transfer to a newer TLP server?
  2. Machentoo Augur

You can transfer to ragefire, which is slightly more populated. But if you're going to do it, do it soon, because after Gates launches it may no longer be possible.

Or, you could restart on agnarr or phinigel.
  3. Bewts Augur

IDK why you wouldn’t be able to xfer after GoD, unless they’re going to count minutes/hours instead clearing in the same window.

That said LJ is slow because those that didn’t take breaks have mains, second mains and many boxed alts already capped for this level cap (65).

New TLP blood that’s killed LJ has been directed at Agnarr and Phinny because they pushed a ton of TLP with various rule sets out in a relatively short period which has condemned Lockjaw players to praying for a very unlikely server merge with RF. The last merge didn’t go so well, so it seems remote.

LJ isn’t as ugly as people make it out to be; hardcore people jumped to other servers to start anew or left during the last transfer option to RF.

With instanced content going forward for LJ and RF; the lifestyle of poop socking is pretty limited these days.
  4. Excin New Member

With RF you at least have some options if you're interested in raiding. With LJ you just have Faceless and their Lockjaw guild is literally the most cancerous, toxic outfit in the history of EQ and probably all MMOs.
    Jaxarale01 and Kragin like this.
  5. Grebhiker Lorekeeper

I would disagree with Excin about FI being the most toxic guild in the history of EQ. The shenanigans and cutthroat behaviors that have been exhibited by the Agnarr and Phinny servers as chronicled on thiis forum make that evident.

Lock jaw is quiet right now as two of the top guilds have basically finished with the expansion and are just bidding time till GoD. Two others have just gotten into Time so are working diligently to beat that content. LDoNs were great for a month but now people are about done with the rinse and repeat nature of it. That being said, my guild alone has had 9 or so people join in the last few weeks and either restart toons or are new to the server. LJ is not dead it is just sparse. I do know all the guilds that have gotten into Time are recruiting and that DHS is actively helping people level up and get geared.

PS I am not in FI. I would say that the majority of them are decent people and do not negatively impact the play of the majority of the server,
  6. LarsBars New Member

I don't really care much about raid content. I can rarely ever play for more than 2-3 hours at a time. I'd really just love to group in KC, OS, etc. All the stuff I was doing before I quit long long ago. I still find myself wishing they'd release a server that locked at Kunark or Velious permanently. Maybe one day :)
  7. Bewts Augur

^
    Example of toxic player no longer on Lockjaw.
  8. phattoni Augur

you can officially ignore Excin, clearly has no clue what its talking about.

if it was toxic before, it was when players like it were still on the server.
  9. Kragin Augur

I played on Lockjaw for a few months and can confirm what excin says, these guys...
    Jaxarale01 likes this.
  10. phattoni Augur

lol yet another newb that left the server over a year ago and has no clue what they are talking about.
  11. Kragin Augur

As you can see I am not a "new member" I have a long standing on the eq tlp servers. I even got to experience eoe on vulak, we have all seen the videos. Faceless is worse, should probably be proud. Either way enjoy your dying server.
  12. Vastly New Member

EOE was playing within what was expected back on Vulak but was at least fair to their members. FI literally let three megaboxers run their guild and take raid loot from their members and their guild lead is still mostly servile to the bad actors from that time.
    Jaxarale01 likes this.
  13. Protocol Dragon Defender

Warping around with a dozen scripted shadowknights instantly killing raid mobs was "expected"? This might be the most explicitly revisionist history I've ever heard.

FI had some rough edges, especially when it was locked into classic with four raid mobs and a dozen raid capable guilds. However it ALWAYS took pains to make LJ a hospitable server. During every single expansion FI created a rotation for current content both before and after DBG mandated it. They literally rotated classic content for all but the first two weeks of Classic. They left the sleeper asleep for 8 months finally waking him in a server wide raid with all keyed guilds.

Silinius is also the most level headed and reasonable leader FI has ever had. When people take shots at him I know they don't know what they're talking about.
  14. Machentoo Augur

Sure, to the guilds that weren't contesting you.
    Jaxarale01 likes this.
  15. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

Try Agnarr then. That's as close as you will get for now. Velious launches later this week for them I think.

Also lol @ any thread about Lockjaw devolving into "FI rox" vs. "FI sux" discussion immediately. OP is clearly debating whether or not to join FI /eyeroll
  16. Adonhiram Augur

Guys, is it really necessary to start that kind of thread derailing when a returning player just ask for advise ?

@LarsBars If you don't intend raiding, but playing small group content with your friend, you will be boxing and you will for sure be 3-boxing each of you sooner or later. This means you have to stick to Lockjaw or Ragefire because Phinny and Agnarr have the 'true box' restrictions (one separate computer per account), which complicate boxing for sure.

Lockjaw has a very low population, Ragefire has a low population. Rhythm of expansions unlocks is about to be synchronized between the two servers (GoD unlocks on Ragefire January 8th if the vote passes, I don't know the exact date for Lockjaw but it will be close). Beside these differences, both servers apply the same rules regarding xp, boxing etc.
  17. jeskola pheerie

Fyi, here is some real info:
    Lockjaw has 4 seperate raid guilds raiding Plane of Time and LDON. Dont believe the dead server hype.

These days, with instanced progression servers, some people have grown accustomed to 25 raid guilds on one server, and view any less than 15 to 20 as a dead server. Anyone who remembers eq before instancing will know otherwise.
  18. LarsBars New Member

Thanks for the tips :) it's too bad they don't simply allow dual boxing and block anything more than that. We moved to Dalnir tonight and got some decent exp. it's a little weird to never run into anyone but at least you can get good mobs :p

I do remember how much drama eq can trigger. The motto of the main guild on my old server was "We know drama." People care about eq I get it.
  19. tofu stir fry Augur

will re-iterate the fact there are four great goodstanding raid guilds on LJ that co-exist very well together. yes the server pop is low but even at 2-3 hrs per night you can still raid with several of the guilds here!~

FI is definitely the higher req'd attendance
    cant speak for damage or MP
    but i can say DHS is a perfect fit for me who can only play 2-3 hrs per day at a maximum. we also recruit lower level players to hope they will level there butts up and join us in raid content!

/recruitmenthijack off
  20. Bolten_DA Augur

I guess it depends on what you want out of your game play. If you just want to box and not worried about a ton of low level people lfg then Lockjaw is perfect. If your interested in raiding or looking a few years down the road I would have a few concerns. Worse case scenario you could pay for all your toons to transfer over to Ragefire, but its only a marginal improvement over Lockjaw.

Lockjaw has 4 raiding guilds with a low server population and still in PoP. Long term I wonder if 4 guilds will even last through OoW/GoD. I'm sure we will have another TLP in the next year or so to draw players off the server. I really hope they can merge Lockjaw/Ragefire, but with the last migration from Vulk to Fippy...