Scheduled Server Update?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Elendieal, Oct 24, 2017.

1. Elendieal Journeyman

If it was announced less than a half hour ago, can you REALLY call it a scheduled server update? Looks a LOT more like someone pushed the panic button?

I guess if you schedule it one minute ahead of time, it is a scheduled update?

Creative use of English?

This is what happens when you take down the servers, I have free time....
    rpoole likes this.
  2. Zhaunil_AB Augur

It's not a lie!
    It's...
    alternative facts!
    Elendieal likes this.
  3. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

If you look to the right it shows the original notification 15 hours ago. I saw it this morning 5 hours ago when checking out the forums with morning coffee.
  4. Thunderkiks Augur

I got a message about this last night when they posted on Twitter. Was at 8:48 pm central time Oct 23rd.
  5. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Shame they only bothered to announce it 5 minutes before it happened on their servers. These forums are a joke.

Not everyone does Twitter.
  6. tanith Augur

7. Endless Augur

Scheduled for 0930, the red letters say they took it down at 0923.

Close enough huh?
  8. Treiln Augur

Then after servers come back up, they'll come back and say "sorry, it was meant to say emergency update. We'll fix that"
  9. Geroblue Augur

And few of the players look in the forums, or have ever logged in here. The forum posters are a small percentage of the total number of players in EQ. That was true around 5 years ago, probably still true today.
  10. Elendieal Journeyman

Was this a twitter notification? I don't do twitter.
  11. Jeffc99 New Member

Perhaps they could have the server maintenance downtime posted in the serverwide message when you first log into the game as a reminder?
  12. Amberstars New Member

Hallo Leute,
    was Daybreak da veranstaltet geht schon an die Grenzen der Zumutbarkeit. Es genügt ihnen wohl nicht, dass es keinen deutschen Server mehr gibt, nein. Inzwischen ist es schon an der Regel, dass die Server dienstags und donnerstags down gehen, zeitweise auch mittwochs oder wenn eben ein "Servercrash" ist.
    Auch die Inhalte werden immer unzumutbarer. Da kommt man sich versetzt vor nach Treibsande, wo man erst Fraktion für die einzelnen Maj Dul Klassen (Treue, Geld und ..) machen musste um überhaupt weiter zu kommen. Die Landschaften im neue Add-on sind auch sehr düster gehalten und überhaupt nicht ansprechend.

Die schönste aller Erweiterungen war für mich das klassische Kunark mit Veeshans Peak.

Ich komme mir jedenfalls "über den Tisch gezogen" vor, wenn ich mir das Ganze betrachte. Zum Glück habe ich nur die Standardversion vorbestellt. Alles andere wäre für mich "rausgeschmissenes Geld".

Will Daybreak mit derartigen Erweiterungen alle Spieler vergraulen, die nicht auf Raid gehen?

Wenn es doch nur ein vergleichbares Spiel gäbe, dann wäre ich sofort weg.