What are your favorite expansions?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Meso_Phinny, Oct 17, 2017.

1. Meso_Phinny Journeyman

LDoN has some amazing augs. Spec augs last forever, damage augs for classes that double up on weapons of the same time are fantastic til Demiplane, Pet Proc augs are pretty amazing, AC augs.
  2. Kattria Minx Augur

I'll always do LDON raids! I think they are fun. In the old days, everyone burned out on LDON groups and raids early on so I missed out on a lot of those. I'm having a great time now.
  3. Daas New Member

Velious and PoP. Scores of dragons and gods to kill.
  4. Machentoo Augur

There must be something wrong with you... :p
  5. Kattria Minx Augur

Ha! Maybe! I like getting messages about completing things and hearing the little bell sound when I finish an adventure, get an AA, or get a level. :) And I like an old-fashioned dungeon crawl: keep moving, disarm traps, open containers...

I'm really looking forward to future expansions since I haven't experienced them too much from a raid perspective before. I'm VERY happy to be in an active guild on a (mostly) harmonious server. Having the patience to get through the growing pains of a new (at the time) TLP is really paying off.
  6. Ryak Augur

Out of TLP era, it has to be Luclin, Gates and Omens in that order. It's a tossup between those first two, to be honest. I could easily argue for gates to be #1.

I have to give a shout out to House of Thule for non-tlp era, though.
  7. Polekn Augur

GoD, TSS, Underfoot in that order.
    Machentoo likes this.
  8. Morgalas New Member

I would have to say Velious was mine next to Luclin, I have the most fond memories in Velious from exploration to epic battles. Luclin was next in line because I was on the moon! It has great lore and it opened up a new race and class that was awesome at the time.
  9. Machentoo Augur

Underfoot, SOF, TSS in that order for me. Wish I'd gotten to experience Underfoot with full 54 man raids.
  10. Deadshade Augur

I left at Omens so , by definition , I do not care for anything beyond it .

1. Classic .
    Awesome lore , real immersion and great zones . Factions matter . A whole huge world to discover with dungeons in almost every zone . People group . Travelling is significant what gives a sense for the size of the world . Probably the only expansions which invites to RP and RP makes sense too .

2. Velious
    Again impressive creativity in world and lore building . Everything makes sense . The 3 dominating factions and multi TS quests are interesting and provide for interesting game play . Plenty raid targets even if I am not so interested in raiding .

After that for me every expansion made the world poorer and less interesting . Lore , factions and travelling / exploration dwindled to insignificance . Things stopped to be consistent and to make sense (wanting to kill the God that one worships ? WTF ?) . The expansions started to be : just add some more zones with some more mobs with more HP and increase the max level . Add new AA grind . Not very creative all that .
  11. Tachyon Augur

Planes of Power! The most complicated (for it's time) in the history of the game, but every step was fun. The last truly creative expansion.
  12. Machentoo Augur

Have you played all the later expansions?
  13. Meso_Phinny Journeyman

screamin', 'Where's that brownie? I'll kick it!'
  14. Superdeath Lorekeeper

top expansions for me would be, Secrets of Faydwer, House of Thule, and Veil of Alaris.
  15. Chatoyan Elder

SoD and SoF, for me. Really liked ldon when it first came out (as a non-raider), but the missions are too easy now.
  16. Silentchaos Augur

1- DoDH
    2- SoD
    3- GoD
    4- TSS
    5- OOW
  17. Tachyon Augur

Only through Seeds. I gave up about halfway into Underfoot.

And by 'truly creative' I don't mean that the latter expansions were bad, just that PoP set the format for how the game would progress in terms of raiding, gear, AAs, etc. Everything after has been a variation on the PoP theme. Luclin to PoP was the biggest change of course in the history of the game.
  18. HoodenShuklak Augur

I felt like during classic everyone raved about Kunark... so many peoples' favorites.... so many more raid targets....
  19. Scorrpio Augur

I was kinda absent from Omens on, coming back to full-swing EoK.
    My favorite would be PoP. The new level spells and abilities really upped player power, things became more fun. Progression was great and nice tradeskill boost. I also love the feel of many zones. Especially Torment.

Then there is Luclin. Every zone there felt alien and mysterious. Original Grieg's end was hilarious. Ssra was incredible as well as warring cities of Katta and Seru. The new Ring events. Our guild did burrower in the Deep a lot. Hit all Akheva Ruins boses. One thing we consciously skipped was VT. I loved Tenebrous Mountains with its vampire castle and Norrath in the sky.

I also recently spent a lot of time in SoF zones doing Eron's quests. I have a feel that expac would make my top 3.
  20. Semah Augur

LoY because maps /and/ extra bank space.