Agnarr - Top grief/KS camps in Velious?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by -Denizzen-, Oct 19, 2017.

1. -Denizzen- Lorekeeper

What's happenin EverBros?

Had some fun in vanilla and Kunark trying to camp stuff that ends up getting monopolized :rolleyes: Ritualist for Rubicite, Dhampyre for HBC, AM's in LGuk, Chancellors, Gimblox, etc. etc. etc.

I'm just curious what are some camps to have on my "just leave it alone" radar for Velious drop? Aka low HP merbs that will be HT / Charm warp KS'ed that I don't need to raise my blood pressure trying to camp.

I'm expecting Coldain ring spawns to be a big part of this, anything else? What's gonna be the top Efreeti / spore King camp in Velious? Maybe something in Velk's? OOIV mafck in Kael? Scout in WW?

Educate me ^_^

Tankoos,

-Denizzen Squirrelbeater, the Mank of Quellious <Vis Maior>
  2. Beatboy New Member

Stormfeather for sure.
  3. Numiko Augur

4. Aegir Augur

The very good No-Drop stuff from Velks won't drop until LDoN now, but those where the most toxic camps in Velious on Phinigel.

As you said, Coldain ring parts. Stormfeather in Iceclad Ocean is also a pretty brutal spawn if contested.

There are some other camps with very valuable loot, but again - you come to an expansion where raid-drops really are starting to take off from the groupable loot. But here are some honerable mentions:

Mini drakes in Halls of Testing(Temple of Veeshan).

Keldor Dek'Torek in Kael.

Royal Scribe Kaavin in Icewell Keep.

Count Morin (May not appear before LDoN, anyone confirm?) in Skyshrine.

Contested early game Velious but will be much more available later on: Guardian Kozzalym, Scout Charisa and Myga in Western Wastes.
  5. -Denizzen- Lorekeeper

Ok so no really lower level stuff that someone can just park a SK on and HT to win. I'm also assuming you aren't going to be able to charm Lodi/Stormfeather? At the very least, they can't be allure wanded. I guess that's a nice change, right?!
  6. Aegir Augur

Stormfeather is in the mid 30 lv range. So unless immune to charm or extremely MR, you should be able to charm it with whatever means you got.
  7. Ryak Augur

Unless they changed, it, the reason you might think Morin didn't appear was because he was basically permanently camped 24/7 from day 1 to the end of Velious on Phinny. He certainly was up in DZs.
    Aegir likes this.
  8. tuttles Augur

Stormfeather = new charm+gate, cause normally there were always SKs ready to HT kill it
    triggered 8th ring fight in EW = trigger mob had long respawn and pick threshold was really high for EW... was easy to steal chief or if you failed your fight ninja turn-in the head during someone elses fight later and screw over whoever started the fight
    Lodizal = cash camp will get socked its 4-6 hr respawn (motm no charming)
    Royal Scribe = cash camp, socked 4-6hr repop (tradeable extended beneficial III, quest item for priest/caster gloves)
    HoT Symbol Drakes = cash camp once top guild gets their fill of symbols
    Keldor = orb of infinite void, kael was kind of the default hub for most guilds, so will probably be a fairly static amount of picks
    Frenzied Spider in Velks - always significant whining at that camp over terrible haste gloves
    PoM - people will lock down the good card droppers

Vaniki in DN - this one has interesting spawn mechanics, so if more than 1 group finds out its up, could be some fun times (basically only on server resets and very determined pick camping will he have a reasonable chance to spawn)
    ToV doesnt load balance so armor farming in HoT and East Wing will probably be drama in there for first month or so
    Velks -- typical camp drama in main exp zone
    Chardok = used to be necro train city, but i think the illusion+door nerfs killed it
    HS = used to be Powerlevelers constantly training each other -- crypt spectre nerf probably helped some
    WW & FM Goblins get way worse -- no one goes there to spawn picks anymore
    Epic mobs stay the same or get worse -- more people camping them for
    ST Warders = BEST RMT DRAMA
  9. Aegir Augur

Yeah they were locked down in velious on Phinigel. But their lv 40 requirement, kinda makes me think they under the same lootgroup as the "OP" stuff that dropped in Velks lab.
  10. Rhodz Augur

I know it is as easy as "just don't buy any of this soon to be obsolete crap" but that seems to be a bridge to far for these guys. Meh easy enough to ignore
  11. Zapsos Augur

Scout Charisa for the Benevolence quest