How to do a macro with more than 5 lines

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by kinadafz, Sep 28, 2017.

1. kinadafz Augur

I'm setting up some burns and I need 7 lines on the burn. How can I set two macros to fire off with one key press?
  2. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

You can put more than one command on a single line, like:

/doability 1, pause 5, /doability 2

or something like that. I believe it is just a comma and space iirc.
  3. Treiln Augur

Thought you were only allowed one comma?

Thus: /pause 10, /doability 7

Edit: you can't have one macro fire another macro. Otherwise you could make an endless loop and they don't want that.
  4. kinadafz Augur

Can I have a 7 key on two different hot bars. That way, when I click 7, both fire?
  5. Treiln Augur

I don't think so. Hitting 7 will only activate on your primary hot bar. Maybe you can go into options and look at your other hot bar button keys and make it so 7 fires off on both bot bars.

Have it set up for your burn where your 6th line has a long enough pause to go off after your fifth line (assuming there's delays/cast timers).

So in a sense, yes I guess that could work.
  6. slayerofbats Augur

What I do is just use two hotkeys and because you have a bit less in the first one, you can have it tell yourself that it is finished. I do it with spells like this:

/pause 55, cast 1
    /pause 55, cast 1
    /pause 55, cast 1
    /pause 55, cast 1
    /gsay Finished spamming spell 1!

So that character will cast his slot 1 spell four times and then say in group chat that he is finished. Then I press the next hotkey and he casts something else.
  7. Aurastrider Augur

You can keybind as many things as you like to a single key under options, keys, and then click the drop down menu and select the hotbar you wish to assign keys to. I will say though if you load to many things to a single key things don't always fire off.

For example on my sk I primarily use the number pad for almost all his actions. I hit 4 which activates several of my combat abilities such as taunt, bash, disarm and some other fast resuse things. I have a series of spells all set to 5 (not a macro with pause but individual spells set in a manor where if I keep pressing 5 each spell will go off in order based on refresh timers before the first spell bound becomes active again). 8 has my taps assigned to it. 7 has my AE deflection spell, * will target nearest NPC so I can keep from using a mouse to switch to next mob, 1 turns on attack and so on down the line. I guess that was more than you actually needed to know but if you can picture all that stuff in one small area and imagine spamming 4 (has all those combat abilities) at the same time as 5 or 8 (casting spells) you can basically ensure that your toon is either casting a spell or doing an ability at every possible moment during combat. Note do not use /pause feature for this as you are trying to avoid any delays.

Now I am sure you are wanting more than 5 lines for your box toons in which case I have already seen your assist macro with the spells attached to it. My assist macro does not fire any spells except my servant but I do have some fast reuse AA's assigned to it. If you are able to stay one your mage for say 3 seconds you can make this work.

Line one is your assist line
    Line two pet attack
    Line three swarm pet
    Line four /alt activate 8800
    Line five /pet swarm (this is the command I mentioned in the other post to make your swarm pet attack a new target).

Note I DONT use any pauses in this macro as I spam the key until I see that little swarm pet move towards the new mob at which point I start my spell casting macro.

Probably way more info than you wanted but I hope it helps
    slayerofbats likes this.
  8. Nolrog Augur

I do not believe that works. I am fairly certain you can only have one command on each line, with the only exception being pause. And you put the pause first but it happens after. So:

/pause 5, /doability 1

would cause the ability 1 to execute and then a 1/2 second pause after.
  9. Nolrog Augur

Just remember that you have a 5.5 second pause between each cast and you cannot use any other hot key for the 22 seconds it takes this to finish.
  10. kinadafz Augur

Thanks Aura, for this specific macro I'm wanting to do is an actual Zeker burn. So, no pauses needed, all act activated items, just 7 of them. I will want to do the same for other toons also.

My mag I will probably play a little different and do a lot like what you said, especially with the spell binding (spam key, whichever spell is up is what fires.) But, I will also have a "lazy" key, which is just the assist, pet attack, nuke 2 or 3 times and nothing more.

The keybinding is what I was thinking of doing and exactly what I want to do. Basically, hit 7 key, burn activates. I can hit it a couple times just to ensure everything gets fired off, no biggie there. I currently have a /pause 3 built in for all lines, but may remove the pause or take it down to 1.
  11. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Kina,

It's called multi-binding (setting the same keystroke to multiple hotkeys). Do a quick net search, and you'll find some good guides.

I use multi-binding for my main spell casting. I have 5 spells I want to cast, in a priority order. When I hit "s", it triggers my 5th - 9th gems on the spell bar. I have them ordered by priority, so the first one that's not on cooldown is the one that goes off. Since you want to use this for insta-casts, they should all go off.

The other advice I'd give, is to use the secondary hotkey for this. Use that key to fire them all off. Use the various primary keystrokes to just fire off particular ones.

Tat
  12. slayerofbats Augur

Yeah, for this reason I only use it like that for buffing. For combat I just have it spam the spell with no pauses to help combat fizzles. If it casts once and then tells me it is done, that's good enough.
  13. Vestra_Cazic New Member

Autohotkey or I S boxer
  14. john5 Lorekeeper

Letters for hotkey binds? Ew. What is this, WoW?

WSAD = used for movement for 99% of games
    Qwerty layout = used for communicating in 100% of games

You probably already have a multibutton mouse. Wouldn't it make sense to use those unused buttons for keybinds rather than letters which are already used for many other things? Of course it makes more sense. Doesn't mean people won't be stubborn and continue doing things the hard way...

"Its just easier for me!"
    you keep thinking that
  15. svann Augur

Thats way old fashioned. Ive used left-right mouse for movement since we had left-right buttons on a mouse. Never going back to wasd. Its clunky and slow. Imprecise.
  16. Qbert Gallifreyan

I use the arrow keys on my keyboard to move, myself. I've also never had a mouse with more than left/right clicks and a wheel.
    Nolrog likes this.
  17. Anhari Augur

WASD is for left handed people! Yes I can type 120 wpm, and am not a Columbus typist, so doing WASD is not hard, but I never ever got used to it and have NEVER EVER used it in EQ. I have always used the left/right/up/down arrow buttons or use the mouse for movement so I use the qwerty for what it's designed for, communicating. I do use the # keys for hot-button binding, and use the number-pad #'s for bindings as well. For look up/down I use the page-up and page-down buttons and the number-pad #'s that I have not bound to an action/hot button.

AFAIK hot buttons can-not fire at the same time, but I haven't ever tried. If they can, then I can set up a hot-bar all bound to the same keystroke and do a chain of fishing so I don't have to mash the button so much when I am fishing for trout's!
  18. Leigo You come here often?

You can combine a few types of buttons, but not a macro and a normal button or a macro and a macro.

Example Shm: press 2, AA Malo, Pet Attack, Swarm Pet Attack.
    instead of using a macro I set the number 2 on 2 different hotbars and tell the game to do 3 things with 1 press.

Example: SK: press 2, Terror, Bash, Repel, Lifetap, Pet/Swarm Pet Attack (bash since removed due to autoskill)
    Again instead of using a macro for this I am using 2 hotbars and my spell bar. By linking the 2 key to these I will always use one or two of them at a time. It will rotate to whatever is up. It makes a good spam key as I will be tapping while my terror refreshes and building aggro while my lifetap refreshes.

I recommend spending some time in front of a combat dummy and exploring key binds that work best for you and your class.

Additionally, you can put a /pause #, before every command on a single line of a macro so that your character will do 7 things from that press. However you will need to take the time to see how long each spell/ability/aa takes and adjust the pauses + server lag (+5) so that you don't overlap yourself and misfire a spell or skill.
  19. Hingabe Augur

Make two hotkeys multi bound to the same key, and use appropriate pauses, example with fake pauses:
    Hotkey 1:
    Pause 1, /assist main
    Pause 1, /pet attack
    Pause 1, /alt activate #
    Pause 1, /alt activate #
    /alt activate # (no pause on last line because the pause on any line happens after the command on that line)

Hotkey 2:
    Pause 5 (on a line by its self to pause the duration of the first hotkey)
    Pause 55, cast 1
    Pause 55, cast 2
    Pause 55, cast 3
    Cast 4

Then the most important part, make another separate hotkey for /stop social, so all currently running socials can be stopped if you need to start a new social.
    Metanis likes this.
  20. slayerofbats Augur

It is for right handed people, because your left hand is on those keys and the right hand is on the mouse which needs the most intricate movement. Also WASD is exactly the same as using the arrow keys, the layout and the size of the keys is identical. The only reason why everyone moved to WASD instead of arrows, is because you have several other useful keys right next to those other keys. Including very important ones like shift, control, alt, tab, and most importantly... space. When you use cursor keys, your thumb has nothing to press.
    moogs likes this.