A valuable member of our community is with us no more

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Pwnography, Sep 23, 2017.

1. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

It's never easy to lose someone. I didn't know him real well, but I do remember him from his time with us. He was a good one and was always willing to help others, he'll surely be missed. My thoughts and prayers are with the family in this tough time.
  2. Zolav Augur

Very sad news :(
    I am very sorry about the loss of your friend. Tragic indeed.
  3. Proximoe Elder

Man I was shocked to hear about this. One of the best dudes around! We've chatted for hours on end about anything and everything, favorite memory was 17th anniversary raids with Triton: end of event, a few people got charmed, which Kyle and I usually take as some added fun to see how many we could get! Typical melee jerks ya know? We were both after one in particular and I didn't quite get Repthor down cause I noticed who I really wanted. Fellowship chat said get em, oh I caught him with prolly the smoothest combo of backstabs ive ever hit with the rogue... You have slain Rivitt popped on my screen and fellowship chat roared, what a night. I'm gonna miss that dude as I have since I've last spoken with him.
  4. Janakin Augur

My condolences to you and your family.
  5. Aganar New Member

I’m so sorry for your loss, mental health is so stigmatized, I’m sorry you and family have to feel this pain
  6. Velnarin Lorekeeper

I never met him, but my well wishes are with you and his friends and family nonetheless.
  7. Beggly Augur

Sad when anyone leaves the game for any reason, much less this one.

I had seen him around, but did not know him on any servers. Having been around since 2001 myself, I have met a huge number of EQ people, some of which are not with us any more in game or real life. A game with the age breakdown of EQ is going to have things like that happen. I was myself almost taken from the game when I was diagnosed with Cancer in 2005. As of 2006 I am cancer free, however I still suffer from the after effects and surgery. I am always very conscious of my own mortality due to the simple fact that the rest of my life began on June 15, 2006, a date which I will never forget. I'm grateful for every time I can play EQ and I am further grateful for every minute spent talking to other players and enjoying their play in the game.

This is a community, it is a subculture, it is a phenomenon that will never be equaled by any other game, no matter how new or spiffy looking. We were the first, and we will always be the first. I offer you my thanks for being in this game and I further feel your pain. I have lost three good friends to mortality in EQ, including my own brother and two other cancer sufferers. The game is much the less for these absences, but we are a resilient community. We will remember the fallen and will never forget the enjoyment and brotherhood we shared with them.
    Questoften32 likes this.
  8. the Reaver Journeyman

Kyle was a great person. He will be missed by many. RIP bro.