Remove the need for keys in DZ

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Duwikki, Sep 8, 2017.

1. Duwikki New Member

I know DBG doesn't believe in camps, I know they say everything is a DPS race. But can we please do something about the keys being constantly farmed by box teams and KSers. Either remove the need for the keys or make triggered mobs. Its getting silly, and quite honestly destroying the fun of the game. Between the SK's HTing and enchanters using instant charm and gate, then warping the mob across zone, its not possible for honest people to get them. This needs to be corrected, its silly to have to pay 3-5 Kronos per key piece needed for a quest, because someone is afk camping things. Don't tell me they are not afk camping, how can they instantly pick up 100 items if they are not afk camping the drop... its auto clicker.
  2. AgentofChange Augur

It's amazing to me that the key appears to be so much more difficult for people to get on agnarr than it was on phinny, especially since it's been made easier since phinny. Guilds who want to be in VP must not be holding open picks or doing something very wrong.

Even if someone is using M.Q, they are doing it across every single pick 24/7?
  3. Asphixia New Member

picks dont stay open with just 1 person in them like it did on phinny. They close now and everyone gets booted to main pick.
  4. Protocol Dragon Defender

It takes 60 people to open a pickzone of Swamp, there has never been more than one zone open except when guilds forcefully spawn a pick which of course only remains open for about 20 minutes (not enough time for the drop to respawn).

Having led the keying process on a server with the old keying process (slower / rarer spawns) but also the older pickzone method (throw a level one iksar in each pickzone to hold them open forever) I have a hard time deciding which is harder.

Remember that Agnarr also has an afk kick still in place, so every night any progress made in trying to open or hold pickzones is usually lost.
  5. AgentofChange Augur

60 people, didn't they reduce the number of people required to spawn a pick? That does not make any sense.
  6. Illusory Augur

Why do Agnarr players feel the need to create a new forum account and thread, when the exact same topic has been created 5-10 times previously and they're all on the front page? Do you really believe that creating 20 threads on the same issue is going to escalate the problem somehow?

Seriously, you could have voiced your concerns in one of the 5 other threads!
    snailish likes this.
  7. Protocol Dragon Defender

I don't try to understand these things anymore :)

Welcome to EQ forums circa the last 18 years.
  8. Illusory Augur

I know, I don't know why I even bother. =\
  9. Asphixia New Member

You should make a forum post venting about it.
  10. Wowjustwow Elder

It is zone dependent. For example:
    Steamfont takes 90+ to spawn a pick zone
    Swamp of No Hope takes 50-60
    Kaesora takes 20
    KC takes ~20.
    Some dungeons take 30-36.
  11. Gingyr Elder

Becasue a lot of them came from p99 and on p99 if you cry hard enough, you get your way
  12. Olestra Elder

1st, most people on this server did not come from p99, hell I would bet the server population on Agnarr is double what p99 had at it's peak.

2nd I would LOVE to know where you think crying got p99 anything? p99 is set up to be old school classic, no amount of crying got them maps, instances or anything you enjoy on Agnarr. In fact the live EQ players crying is what got all that changed.

P.S I find it funny how we can't single out a guild by name but yet it's ok to trash the p99 population at any time Devs? hmm care to respond?
  13. Gingyr Elder

Because classic eq totes had FTE messages and a 30 page legal document you have to agree to to raid? Yeah, all that from crying on the P99 forums.

Why would DBG care if we talk about a population that was stealing their IP for years?
  14. Arrk Augur

Just remove the need for keys in DZ's. This would still allow people who do the keys to get open world. It would also allow people the ability to actually do the content, instead of having to camp the crap storm key parts (i.e. trying to compete with exploiters)

Come on DBG... get your crap together
  15. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Are keys the problem, or is the problem that some people exploit?
  16. smash Augur

Maybe report it, and prove some exploit. It is easy to say something, but they need some substantial proof for Things to happen.

About remove keys well, why , u should Progress normally as how others on live servers did.
  17. Bandzamakeherdance Elder

It's obvious that DBG isn't going to do anything to cheaters even with overwhelming evidence ( see the recent videos ) therefore they should limit their impact on the rest of the population.

The number one way to do that would be to remove the need for keys for DZ's. If you want to do open world content that's great. You can camp the keys and do open world content for raids. If you don't want to deal with the multitudes of cheaters out there then you can still enjoy the content albeit with drawbacks such as lockouts preventing you from farming the content.

Some of you will say but it's always been this way! Deal with it! That's great except the population of the game has changed in many facets. First, we don't have a year to do the same content. We have three months. That's a HUGE difference in time to camp key parts and defeat the content. Comparing the Agnarr server to classic servers is like comparing apples to cars.

The population is much larger on Agnarr than it was on any other server. More people means more need for the items. The spawn times have been dropped significantly and it's still being shown that it's not enough. When you add in the cheaters depriving the rest of the community of even more of those spawns ( either for selling, griefing, mqing with their guild members ) it lowers the amount available for the rest of the population significantly.

We have DZ's. They eliminate the need for keys in their current form. Someday DBG will wake up and realize this.
  18. Ethiria New Member

I don't think they should eliminate keys completely for instances, because it's good to have some type of mechanism to get into those zones, however the areas where cheaters have the most control is over the ground spawns. They should both be nerfed into oblivion (ie 5 minute respawn)
  19. Bandzamakeherdance Elder

There is no logical reason to have keys on a server like Agnarr. Agnarr ( and Phinigel as well ) were made to eliminate guilds blocking others out of content. Keys are accomplishing the same type of blocking that was done on RF/LJ. Open world sure keep keys. We only have three months for this content to be relevant. That is not enough time for this large population to farm up the necessary pieces. Especially with the cheaters being as prevalent as they are with no recourse available to the population or any repercussions by DBG to those people. DZ's eliminate the need for them completely and you shouldn't need a key for a DZ.
  20. Ellis Elder

I dont really disagree with you but the scope of your post is way too narrow. DBG needs to do more about these scummy cheaters regardless of whether it revolves around key spawns or other content. They should care about the integrity of their game and experience of their subscriber base and unfortunately they don't do much to show us that they do.
    Ghubuk likes this.