AgnarrProgress.com

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Ethiria, Sep 5, 2017.

1. Trevalon Augur

Man I forgot about that Sleeper/Combine timeline page, that was a cool page, too bad they don't still do things like that.
  2. Lumiens Augur

I think what would make a lot more sense for Agnarr is if you created a board that tracked and ranked the real competition that has been going on here since day 1, Krono farming.
    Ellis, Death Strudel and Jaxarale01 like this.
  3. Ethiria New Member

You spoke far too soon. We are now up to 10 guilds and I still have 2 more sets of kills to add. Obviously most guilds on this server find it useful as a recruiting tool, because with this tool people can see who is raiding what and decide which guilds to consider based on that.
  4. Lhelith Journeyman

A certain guild on there should probably be disqualified
  5. Risiko Augur

No matter what decision is made on that site, there will always be someone that disagrees.

Ethiria likes this.
  6. Nitsude Journeyman

Risiko, the well of (?) knowledge.
  7. HoodenShuklak Augur

Just put an asterisk next to it.

*Convicted of using performance enhancing scripts.
  8. flowerpower New Member

I like how this was created after OP's guild killed Phara Dar so they can claim "2nd" place on Agnarr when they didn't even clear VP yet.
  9. Taboo503 New Member

I honestly think that each dragon in VP needs to be represented. I mean, you count Fay as a valuable target but the hardest mobs in VP don't count for progression? Phara Dar is just a loot pinata, she is the reward for killing the other VP dragons.
  10. Protocol Dragon Defender

This was created before OP's guild entered VP, and was in the works for even longer.
  11. Ethiria New Member

The list of valuable targets is nothing more than a direct copy of the targets listed on Phinnykills for their Kunark expansion. As mentioned before, this was thrown up hastily so we had something out there. I'm loathe to make changes to the kills tracked mid-expansion, because no matter what I do someone is going to get mad at me.

Speaking of which, I'd like to plan for Velious ahead of time, and I'd like it to be a community driven effort, so that I cannot be accused of some type of bias that I can assure you does not exist. What mobs should we include? Zaide from FE gave me this list as a starting point:

Dain Frostreaver IV
    Lord Yelinak
    King Tormax
    Statue Cycle
    Zlandicar
    Sontalak
    Klandicar
    Vulak'Aerr
    Tunare
    Hrashna
    Tuukarak
    Ventani
    Nanzata

We are also going to need to institute a verification system. I believe that a good one would be a screenshot of the shout message along with a /who of the character of the shout that shows they are guilded. The problem with this, however, is that not all mobs will give shout. The reason I believe PD is the only VP dragon on Daax's site was that it was the one in the zone that gave the shout.
  12. Machentoo Augur

I highly encourage you, having done this for 4+ years, to only include mobs that give a systemwide message if you have any question whether any of the guilds on the server can be trusted. Any other verification besides a systemwide that everyone on the server can see means absolutely nothing. Screenshots can easily be fabricated.

EGL settles for a copy/paste of the log message of the kill, which is for all practical purposes about the same as asking for a screenshot, but less work for you and much much easier for guilds to provide after the fact.

The one (HUGE, GINORMOUS) downside to requiring a screenshot is that you will have a lot of guilds that won't want to participate necessarily up front. If they kill a bunch of mobs, and later someone in their leadership decides they want to be included on your site, but no one took the required screenshots at the time of the first kills, now they are SOL.
  13. Opimo Journeyman

Unless you feel like creating a ton of thankless work for yourself, I'd limit the progress site to only mobs that give shout outs.
    Sumonerr_Tunare likes this.
  14. Febb Augur

Vulak'Aerr shouts 'I'd like to give a shout out to all my dragonkin!'
  15. Healbro Elder

Probably. But pretty sure the site itself is being run by a member of the guild you speak of.
  16. Opimo Journeyman

Other than encouraging Ethiria to set it up and doing some testing for him, we've had zero to with the site. He took feedback from multiple people in different guilds on how to do the rankings.

If you don't like the way the scores are calculated, you can feel free to put in the work to create a site of your own. No one else was doing it though.

He created the site for free, doesn't plan to put ads on it, and is hosting it at his own expense.
  17. OliverQ Elder

Addictions isn't listed. They got Trak last night.
  18. jack of all trades Elder

1) Did you submit the kill?
    2) Who cares about a garbage RMT guild anyway?