Level locked progression server

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Groans, Aug 24, 2017.

1. Death Strudel Augur

I really like this idea of having all the content open but limited by level. It would help with the mage bot farming somewhat (BiS items will be camped, but decent items not so much) and let us play some of the other expacs in a way we probably haven't before.

Honestly the low level game kept getting better as time went on, but nobody noticed because they were busy in one raid progression or another.
  2. Brumans Augur

Yeah. I have no idea how hard it would be to implement, but this is a real fun idea.

All expansions open, all zones open, just mx level locked. Unlock every 10 every so often (faster earlier on, slower later on as you start hitting raid levels). It'd be great to see how far people could get.
  3. Rainlover Augur

Level cap starting at 10 and going could be fun, at first i was thinking 10 days in it goes from 10 to 20 , 20 days in it goes from 20 to 30, though i suspect that would be too slow for anyone but me.

though i suspect,that we would see people creatively taking down raid target in the 30's.
    snailish likes this.
  4. Groans Augur

Great ideas here. We really could see who could do what here. Take out defiant gear ,that stuff would circumvent the reasons for doing quest etc, but leave in the augs .

Could they lock levels? That would seem like the easiest fix to try this.
  5. snailish Augur

Which would actually be an accomplishment if done with legit tactics.

And if your raid isn't that good, there's always the Muglwump (however it is spelt) in the Warrens or some other lesser target that suddenly is your challenge.
  6. HoodenShuklak Augur

Cool server, but our they can't change the spawn time on verina tomb then is this thread just more mental masturbation?
  7. Rampart New Member

Love the idea. With all content unlocked but toons level locked it would be fun to raid some of the upper content with lower level toons... that could also lead to some interesting raids for content that is normally group content for higher levels.
  8. Groans Augur

Well Prathun/Absor. Is this doable? I see you guys reply on completely ridiculous request like revamping the entire game but without your input we have no idea if this would very easy or a ton of work.

Thanks.
  9. Accipiter Old Timer

It's a dumb idea that doesn't warrant a response.
  10. Nuttmeg Augur

It's a GREAT idea!
    You could start day 1 as a Halfling Ranger, a Beastlord or Berserker. There would be Paludal Caverns, endless places to level, and most of all... You'd get to experience later expansion content first in the level range it was designed for.
    Jaxarale01 and Groans like this.
  11. Finchy Augur

I'm sad the other "great idea" thread gained more traction than this thread did...
  12. smash Augur

What people seems to forget is that just because you think this good idea for tlp server dont mean others do. And dbg does not make a server for a tiny amount of people as it will make them loose money running 1.
  13. Finchy Augur

forget? no...Hope is a better choice of words.
  14. Nuttmeg Augur

Just think of how fun it would be for a group in their 20s, when that is the current cap, adventuring into the crystal caverns in Velious! That would be a blast.

Tradiational TLPs will only offer us level 60s running through and sniping named mobs, level cap afk mage pets monopolizing the gear droppers, or a couple out-of-group high level toons leveling their alts by pulling entire areas at a time.

+1 for a level locked TLP
  15. RandomStrategy Augur

I kinda think this would be fun....if only I could see this in chat at some point:

Oh , it's the batphone.

What target are we hitting?

SolB.

Nagafen?

Djarn.
  16. Finchy Augur

see this is what's been burned into our brains...the entire game content is open and you still reference SolB, a classic zone. Gotta look further down the list! :D
  17. RandomStrategy Augur

Just the easiest reference...I don't play live servers, so I have no frame of reference what would be a normal group mob that a raid of level 15s or 20s would require.
  18. Finchy Augur

more the reason to try something like this!
  19. Albumin_X New Member

Just release a server where everyone caps at level 10 and see how far people get.
  20. Machentoo Augur

And just leave it there. Level 10 cap, forever, what could go wrong? Test of new concept...