Is it going to be worst than GoD ?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by nostalgicfool, Aug 24, 2017.

1. nostalgicfool Augur

I really dislike this content.

LDON style instances (quite boring, ldon is silly but somewhat fun since maps are a mess and content random) but with many way to die on the way to zone -- what a terrible design, usually you rush at your group and don't really have time to con and sneak around mobs --

Same for the raids we always get peoples (not many) dying on the way were we meet.

Cragbeast and Bic quests that are not only boring but require a checklist -- i hope the guy got fired --- Sorry i'm not doing quest that require looting random trash items a bit everywhere.
    There were easy quests to propose : like beat the 3 YT trials (1 reward), do the sever one (another) and a final for doing them all...

And please don't tell me : it's roleplay you need to discuss with Npcs and find out what they want, nobody does that peeps just have the checklist and the "hailist" ... and they also know which mob drops what (and even its location and respawn and probability to drop what you need).

Again locked group content (one of the worst feature in everquest) , even if you need to complete some annoying instance (with some super annoying and useless riddle step) whose only difficulty is the final boss.

And why those runes ? instead spell dropping with a smartloot rule would be so much better.... oh gosh this junk rune value was 20 000 plats ? really ...

It's not big surprise if the population is 1 percent of what it could be, in all aspects it seems that the devs designed things to be as annoying as possible and actually did not really made the content difficult.

Just wondering if the forthcoming expansions are going to be even worst.
  2. MaxTheLion Augur

19 minutes ago you made a post complaining and wanting a slower server and now you make a post complaining about the content of the game itself. Maybe it's time to cut your losses and find a different game, mate. Doesn't seem like you're going to be happy around here.
    Nolrog and nostalgicfool like this.
  3. -wycca Augur

The only question the OP actually asks is mostly rhetorical, I think maybe he just wanted to express himself by making this statement.

GoD's great and everyone I know has had a blast.
    Ryak likes this.
  4. nostalgicfool Augur

You are wrong i was asking for a slower release rate ...

You are free to enjoy the ridiculous content of GoD, no decent manager would accept such a lame, trivial, stupid, boring content. I would rate it 1/10 ... or may be it deserve a negative grade.
  5. nostalgicfool Augur

Tell me what is fun ?

Trials ? boring, trivial.
    Raids, the same, lol the CH chain and heal spam but a bit of kiting ? --> LOL

I had more fun at level 12 camping the throne room in crushbone.
  6. Ming Tee Augur

That's not really a fair comparison considering crushbone is the most fun zone in eq's history. As a matter of fact I'd like the next tlp to be permanently locked with just 2 zones available, gfay and cb.
    Brumans, Protocol and -wycca like this.
  7. Protocol Dragon Defender

Crushbone really was EQ's high point. We wouldn't see something nearly as good until Dreadspire!
  8. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

Sounds like the nostalgia is over for you Fool. Can I have your stuff?
  9. Phantom Ghost Augur

Maybe if you had the xp to do the content it wouldn't be an issue.
  10. snailish Augur

BiC is basically one of the last epic style quests in the game. No one has to like it or necessarily do it, but the style is clear. Some people love it, there is a sense of the trial before the accomplishment.

GoD has been massively retuned over the years to be fun on progression. Anecdotally, most people that give it a chance in a "prepared to raid it fashion" enjoy it now.

GoD content is a terrible place to go underleveled and/or poorly geared. This is true for much of EQ for quite a few expacs to come.

I find most instanced group content to be poor design (too much isolation and repetition). I much prefer open world. Imagine if the LDoN dungeons were all massive things like Old Sebilis. Then instance the raid bits (or some of them) off certain parts. The modern /pickzone approach is so much better at dealing with population. LDoN was really fun when it was new content. It does seem like it falls under "chore" in the progression era. But, in progression era you get it lumped with LoY and PoP so you have to look at it all as one buffet table. You don't need all that content on your plate at level 65 unless you really want to.
  11. Brumans Augur

You either don't like EQ, or you at least don't like raiding or end-game content, which is fine.

Runes drop the way the do because you don't need a smart loot system. The runes are good for every class. It also allows raid guilds to prioritize so that the most important spells are gotten first. The only real problem with how they drop, IMO, is that there aren't options for Yiktu and Eril in raids, hah.

If you don't love big epic style quests...well, we're just talking different languages.

Yes, raid fights have mechanics now. Sorry that they're not all tank-and-spanks. Some of the mechanics are dumb, some of them are good fun. Can't win 'em all, but I like that at least they give some variety.

I haven't played the next expansions, but I'm super stoked to on Phinny where I know I'll be able to experience all the content. I'd say if you're hating GoD, then you should probably just quit now. I know enough to know that Epic 1.5/2.0s are coming and require effort, that raid fights will continue to have actual mechanics, that raid and even group gear sometimes will require steps before you can wear them, and that spells/songs being tied to drops will continue to be a thing along the way (not all of them, but some).

The only real complaint that I have, and that I think we'd agree on, is that the group dungeon game has taken a hit. At least Paw is still great exp for this expansion, but most grouping is doing in open world zones that are nowhere near as fun as the maze like sprawls that I love. LDONs and the GoD instanced group stuff are all very linear (or in the case of Vxed, just a few paths that go in cricles).

It sounds like OoW has some popular grouping zones that will rectify that a bit? RSS comes to mind. Not sure what else we get. But it seems like great places like Befallen, Crushbone, Upper/Lower Guk, Old Sebilis, Sol A/B, hell even Velk's Lab, kinda fall out of favor for a lot of group content - and instead shift to either open world or linear instance runs.
  12. Brumans Augur

Yeah, I posted a bug report about that forever ago. It got ignored, but I got a good workaround - hit the "More Options" button on the broken "Edit" screen. That takes you to a place you can edit it.
  13. Risiko Augur

Lost Dungeons of Norrath was a contriversial expansion when it was released originally to be honest.

Some people loved it, and other people hated it. Personally, I have never known anybody that thought the raid content in LDoN was fun. It was just something to do.

Things I liked:
    • Monster models looked great
    • Traps and Treasure Chests was interesting
    • Augments was a great addition to the game

Things I hated:
    • Instanced content. I preferred (and still do) contested open world content
    • The "chuckee cheese collect tickets and take them back to the prize vendor to get your gear" system. It sadly was picked up by every MMORPG that came after it, and was the death of "oh look a rare mob is up!!! kill it" ... /sigh
    • The stupid run from the LDoN instance giver to the LDoN instance entry and back between each mission. So... incredibly... stupid
    • The "start at point A and kill to point B" dungeon system. I like to call it the treadmill dungeon experience. It destroyed the whole concept of places in dungeons holding special meaning. Instead, the dungeons became just a forgettable backdrop to the run-by-wack-a-mob dungeon system that every MMORPG has gone to since... again... /sigh
    In my opinion, Lost Dungeons of Norrath was the beginning of the end for good MMORPG design. Luckily, Gates of Discord and Omens of War were better than Lost Dungeons of Norrath, but eventually the game went back to the crap design of LDoN later on (after GoD and OoW) to become the pile of steaming poop that EQ is today in it's modern form.
  14. Classified Journeyman

This is my first pass though GoD. So far I have loved it. I am on part 7 of BiC. I have really enjoyed it so far. It has taken me to every zone and given me something to do in each. I like hunting around for drops, following a check list, and reading the tid-bits as I go along. The raids are fun. They are better then anything thru PoP IMO.

When I started playing on Phinny I have zero expectations other then I wanted to try out the parts of EQ I never got to try out. I was not a raider back in the day for the most part. So far that promise has been given to me.

One thing to keep in mind also NFool. They did not just create this. It was created well over 10 years ago. I have enjoyed it, and I look forward to OoW.
    Ryak likes this.
  15. Chatoyan Elder

I loved ldon, first time through. Up to that point, I had mostly soloed as a druid, and was thinking about calling it quits until a friend asked me to roll up a cleric and do adventures with him. Dungeon crawling was a whole new thing for me. They might be boring/trivial to over-geared groups of 65s who are running through as fast as they can to max the aug. At the time, for casual players, they were a good challenge, requiring a good puller and/or competent CC, a tank that understood aggro, and casters that understood how to manage mana. Ldons were so much more fun that soloing via root/rot, or sitting in a camp killing the same 10-15 critters over and over and over and over and over and over...
    Prathun likes this.