Agnarr Resists - Melee

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by pphhgg, Aug 14, 2017.

1. pphhgg New Member

How high should resists be unbuffed for melees on dragon encounters?
  2. Foaming I Drank Bleach IRL Once

Minimum 100 unbuffed. Minimum.
  3. HoodenShuklak Augur

In classic? If youre not a tank it doesnt matter. Youre better off jousting between ae hits.
  4. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

You just keep stacking MR/HP until Luclin hits.
  5. Quill Augur

I assume we're talking Naggy and Vox?

On Naggy and Vox, to cancel the Fear your buffed MR needs to be up around 300 as its somewhere near or at a -200 Resist Check, and the zone debuff itself(in the song window) will pull your resists down a hair. Your buffed FR or CR over 200, respectively, on both fights is also good.

What that means is.. without a bard in group.. you'll never get your resists high enough, and you'll need to dodge the Fear. You should have someone with GINA triggers calling in and out, and should be able to break the LOS quickly(talking a couple seconds at most), if there is good positioning of the mob. If you do have a Bard in group(if you've been given one, you'll be expected to use it) and can get your MR high enough, stand in there and get in extra damage while resisting the Fear.

If you get hit by Fire and Cold on the respective fight(which you probably will regardless, but less as you get your resists higher)... back out to a healer before 40-50% and wait for a heal, so you don't get low HP agro. JBoots is also helpful for cancelling the dispel so you save your buffs.

General hardness levels are Vox < Naggy w/o Piercer < Naggy with Piercer(the Koshigatana, which adds extra melee damage and amplifies his rounds significantly). I'd highly suggest having a monk test Naggy for it before pulling, and adjust accordingly. Of course, with Kunark live in a couple days, this will all get significantly easier.
  6. Machentoo Augur

Minimum for what? Dodge the ae's till you have better resists. You NEED zero. More is nice so you don't have to dodge, but not necessary. No difference between 20 mr/fr unbuffed and 100 mr/fr unbuffed unless you have a bard in group anyway.
  7. HoodenShuklak Augur

Even with a bard you cannot take the ae tho.
  8. Foaming I Drank Bleach IRL Once

I sit in the AEs all the time. Granted I box a bard with Naggy drums, but I still take a lot of damage without my resist gear. Not everyone can run GINA thanks to the Center lag, and often the call to run out could be late or bugged. Having resists helps you survive better in these cases. It isn't like crafted resist gear is rare or expensive.
  9. Shihan New Member

Not true at all. I have a good resist set and I'm a bard. I resist almost all AoEs.
    MBear likes this.
  10. Quill Augur

The call to run out should never be late unless someone fell asleep.

The dragons don't necessarily drop the Fear on time, every time... so the call to run in might be delayed a couple seconds if people are calling it right. I usually call out(@ 5 sec or less), hold(if Fear Delayed), and in(Fear landed, timer reset).

Those who are trying to avoid it, should be avoiding it 100% of the time.

Tanks should be resisting it pretty much 100% of the time.

Tank is a matter of preference based on your raid composition/size. Warriors dominate Knights for mitigation on these mobs. Knights dominate Warriors for Agro. Both should work with the right setup.

And imo, not much is more fun in Classic than tanking these mobs clean start to finish.
  11. HoodenShuklak Augur

Bard also and if i sat in either fight without jousting i would either die or eat heals. Both of which should and can be avoided.

My mr is around 300 and even occasionally i can get feared.