How can you enter Vex thal?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Lheo, Jul 16, 2017.

1. Zish Elder

It's very easy to navigate Vex Thal without the aid of a lockpicker.
  2. Scorrpio Augur

Heck, if you think about it, in about every circumstance, EQ always offered the easy and the hard option. Easy option involved getting someone with a specific ability, hard option meant doing without. You could find a chanter for clarity, or you could could sit and meditate. You could enlist a necro to summon corpse, or you could concoct wild plans to drag the corpse out. You could look for cleric for a rez or just grind the lost xp back. You could ask shaman or druid for SoW or get a bard with Selo's - or you could go slow. You could get druid or wiz to port, or you could run. You could get a tracker or you could just comb the zone the usual way. Forage used to be a unique way to get certain items. IMHO, any forage should also be available as groundspawn or mob drop. Forage AA was a lazy solution.
    But these days, for a number of doors, a lockpicker remains the one and only option. NO alternative. Look where we are with the rest of things: we got fast mana regen rest mode, corpse summoners in Guild Lobby, rezzing cleric mercs, runspeed AAs, mounts, PoK books, clickies and portal geodes in Guild Hall, and so on. But a locked door in Chardok or VT? Nope. Why?
  3. EnchFWO Augur

Would love to hear about all of the geometry exploits you're referring to :rolleyes:
  4. Samatman Augur

This is exactly it. There should always be a "hard" way. Najena is the best example of get each key, progress. The problem is, in other zones, there are more doors than keys. Give me an AA for 50 Lockpick and I'll buy it if it has a 1% chance to unlock a door. Give me dropped keys and I'll grind as long as it takes. If there is a locked door, some mob must have a key. This should seem obvious?
    Ishtass likes this.
  5. Toukan Augur

Okay Vex Thal crawlers please advise...

On Allakhazam there's a repeated post that says how to get to the second and third floor, but ignores the fact that there are doors in the way that even a rogue higher level then existed when Luclin came out can't open.

At the top of the stair case, all the way to the west, just outside of Diablo Xi Xin Thall's room, which the Allakhazam poster says we should go into and look for a pillar to touch....the door is locked....and the palace key won't open it, and the north tower (I think north tower, north something) key won't open it...

I killed everything between the zone line and this door. I didn't see any other keys. Did I miss a mob somewhere? Can someone please advise ? I am a newbie to the zone, not the game, annoyed with needing a rogue every 15 feet, but dealing with it, and then I ran into this.

Thank you.
  6. Goodn Augur

3 keys drop in Vex Thal.

Palace key drops off of Va Dyn Khar (rock dude) in the outer area...opens the first palace door. You seem to have this.

North Wing key drops off of Va Xakra that are located in the areas north and south of that first hall. I suspect this is the key you have instead of...

North Tower key drops off of Va Xakra (yes, same named mob) that are located in the rooms behind Diabo Xi Va and Diabo Xi Xin. I suspect that these mobs were not up when you went through and killed the first floor and thus you missed this key. Once you have this key, you should be able to get into the back room of Diabo Xi Xin and up to the second level.
  7. EnchFWO Augur

If you [privately] talk to anyone who has been around since Luclin or on TLP you can easily find out how that poster claims you can get to the third floor without keys/lock picker. Again... almost 17 years and no fix = working as intended. :rolleyes:
  8. Ishtass Augur

I assume you're referring to an "undocumented so keep it on the DL" exploit to continue getting around in VT?
  9. Magic Augur

100% agree with it.
    On some servers you can box a rogue to open door, but not on Phinny/Agnarr where is hard to do it..
  10. ShadowMan Augur

Every class in game over level 90 has fd.

Planar Overdose
  11. Sissruukk Rogue One

Dead horse....keep kicking it.
    Still doesn't change the fact that you want something now, and it isn't going to happen. So, until it does...make friends with a neighborhood rogue or bard and take them out for a steak dinner.
  12. Ishtass Augur

Now I want it to happen for 2 reasons. I'd hate to have to be stuck with someone like you while I have doors opened for me ;)
    EnchFWO and Phrovo1 like this.
  13. Sissruukk Rogue One

Why? I am a pretty fun guy to hang out with. And I am willing to come out and do things like open doors for total strangers. If I could, I'd even cross servers to do it just for you to show you how nice of a guy I am. And in your case, I'd even forego the steak dinner. ;)
    Ishtass likes this.