What armor for an SK ?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Deadshade, Jul 30, 2017.

1. Ming Tee Augur

It is EXPENSIVE...to buy lol. Of course if you do all the work and quest it is free. But if you spent that time leveling in 1 of my groups you would be 46+ right now looting planes gear. Who quests playing everquest anyway? Filthy casuals that's who. Jokes aside the main point was the dark forge isn't worth the time or money to get it. Random 50pp or so items are better than most of the peices lol (for example skull shape barb darkmail gaunts).
  2. Malokhan Elder

Check inside east freeport for a few lower level guards. Should be able to get them then, just be careful. ;)
  3. Accipiter Old Timer

Would I start an argument if I said an SK doesn't need an FBSS (assuming no Mithril 2-hander)? I put an FBSS on my monk but I can't talk myself into spending the money for the SK (or for the bard for that matter). We don't need it for aggro but is it worth it for our melee DPS? I do have the Mithril 2-hander so I suppose it's a moot question but I'm curious what others think. In Velious I'll get the Spiked Seahorse belt but for Kunark I don't think I care about worn haste.
  4. Accipiter Old Timer

SK's never get most of their DPS from spells (at least through PoP). Lifetap AAs help a bunch and after Luclin lifetaps start to shine. I use lifetaps, snares, aggro, and utility spells (including Vampiric Embrace etc). I never use nukes or DoTs. They are just too much mana. Am I missing something? I'm happy enough to have someone enlighten me if I'm doing it wrong.
  5. Malokhan Elder

Groups it doesn't matter. Raids where you are not the MT, you should be at a minimum trying to land your low resist fire dots as long as the target isn't super fire resistant. You should also have item haste if you are raiding. But if you are not raiding, and only doing group content as main tank. Item haste and dots are meh. Having said that. It's easy to get the dropped haste belt in sky. Or even do the sky quest for the 41% haste belt.
  6. Accipiter Old Timer

OK, thanks. I'm only doing group content. Can the Sky quest be one-grouped? We single group Hate but can't kill the Minis (haven't tried but sure we'd get owned).
  7. malaki Augur

Yeah I was referring to it in a raid context. Unholy Aura discipline gives you double damage lifetaps while the disc is up. That's a really powerful burst of damage, and you really want a healthy mana pool for it.
  8. TLP Addict Augur

The first wave of tanks on a new TLP level to 50 just fine in whatever they pick up along the way, every bit of extra AC from gear helps but a significant portion of your tanking ability just comes from picking the SK class, higher defence caps etc.

At 30 you can try getting some black alloy from Runnyeye or just buy it, should be able to find it for around 30-50p per piece in CL tunnel.

You can tank in lower guk with banded or black alloy easily, as I said in the first week tanks would have been in lower guk in ringmail or patchwork and other junk.

I'd just aim for 46 then try to get Umbral armor as others said, there are of amy knights in fear so a lot of it drops there, It's cliche but join a guild, make friends etc and you can 1 group stuff there easily, or look for pug raids etc.

Keep an eye on general and planes chats for rots etc or hang out there and use /ooc for rots, there are some jerks that will try to sell loot rights, but there are also plenty of people that will simply announce rots in /ooc and move on, up to you to find the corpse from there usually.
  9. Argu Lorekeeper

Darkmail guantlets and Skull Shaped Barbute are two cheap items worth getting. Might look into a Bloodstained mantle so your slam (assuming your Ogre/Troll) hits magic creatures. None of those items should be over 60pp on Agnarr. Even cheaper options if your on a different server.
  10. Ming Tee Augur

I have a community fbss I share between all my melee hah. I definitely wouldn't buy one for every toon but your right it isn't needed to tank all the way up but I duo box mostly so every bit of dps is a plus for me. I think with my SK I could tank in full patchwork with a rusty sword and wouldn't be a mana sponge to healers or get agro ripped off me hardly at all...sk op! ₩
  11. Malokhan Elder

The 16% dropped haste belt can be one grouped on the first few isles trash mobs, but it may take several attempts depending on luck of getting it to drop. The 41% quest belt, no way that is being one grouped, even after kunark launches. The bosses on isle 4 and 5 DT, so you need some numbers just for that.
  12. Vioar New Member

Question for the original poster or anyone else.

Where is the static camp? I have been going crazy trying to find lizards that drop the decayed armor.
    Thanks for the help.
  13. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

A little bragging: I ate 9 death touches in one fight, 2-3 times in a row sometimes. I can't recall if that was a PoSky fight or maybe Inny/Cazic. PoSky mobs DT is on a 46 second timer, which gives plenty of time for a rez. It certainly would be safer to have some backup, but I think it depends more on how fast the cleric(s) can rez and their mana. Two groups I'm sure could it, especially in Kunark era. It's a solid challenge, I'd love to hear if anybody's done it.
  14. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

a lizard ritualist
    magelo loc

Part of the reason I suggested skipping DF armor was because this guy was perma-camped by no less than 4 SK's at a time (EDIT: not counting the pick-hopping vultures), not very long ago. If he's free, then it's certainly a faster prospect. I'm still not sure I would forego leveling in order to camp it, but there's no wrong way to play :)
  15. Inictus Elder

Sometimes you can vulture the drops from the ritualist, as most campers are after the rubicite drops, however some take both since anyone can do the turn-in for the armor (and later sell it). There are other spawns for the armor however. The lizard crusader drops the decayed armor as well and can spawn in the sewers (near the AoF spawn) or the archon pyramid (the wandering lizards are the PHs) but if you can get the ritualist spawn, its far more reliable as I've only seen the crusader spawn around the archon pyramid a couple of times in many hours of hunting.