Removal of MoTM?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by PhinnyRage, Jul 30, 2017.

1. PhinnyRage New Member

Any chance we can add into the script to remove MoTM after 3-4 expansions have past? Would be fun to go back and kill a few things without the worry of dealing with absurd amounts of Hp/dmg.
  2. MabbuAgnarr#1 New Member

Naggy was 1 groupable in Kunark.

Trak was 1 Groupable in Velious

AoW was 3 Groupable in Luclin

Aten was 1.5-2 groupable in PoP

By now I have to image you can do some of these fights with less than a group no?
  3. tuttles Augur

its very doable with low #'s, but the mitigation makes the fights painfully longer than it should be for content that is irrelevant

for people looking for some legacy/utility clicky items, kinda makes it a pain to have to endure long boring fights from 3+ expansions ago. when it should be trivial
  4. Wowjustwow Elder

As far as I know, when they added MoTM it was even added to live servers. What that tells me is it is an all or nothing thing. I think there are bigger issues in the game right now that devs need to focus on than appeasing your desire to kill something 3 expansions behind.
  5. Aegir Augur

Only encounter that's awkward and painful to do with a small group of friends a couple of Expansions behind right now, is Lady Nevederia. Otherwise i support MoTM still being on the raid targets in all eras. Gather your friends and have fun, if they remove MoTM you will see a main and a box zapping through most of the content everytime it pops.
    Illusory likes this.
  6. Karhar Dream Crusher

I don't think that's true.
  7. Quill Augur

I would say for out-of-era content, leave it on the base pick mobs, and remove it on the instances and have a minimum of 6 to both get the instance and keep it open. So you get the 7 day account-wide lockout, and blow at least 6 account timers in order to get the loot.

Once its not current content, who really cares how slow or fast it dies in instance? Most raiders will be on their guild timers anyways, if its still relatively current. It would be nice to just let the players play their characters at max.

But knowing DBG, you'll likely never see it happen.
  8. Machentoo Augur

This is not correct. It exists on all TLP's, including Fippy and Vulak, but not on any live servers.
  9. JustAQuestion Elder

Yeah remove MoTM, it won't harm anyone beside some RMTers.
    Who cares about out of era content which is good for tribute and twinks.

And if you change MoTM, reduce the respawn timeer for OW raid targets, back to normal for servers with instanced raiding.
    Fast spawning OW targets just support a minority of guilds.
    Most of them use it to twink alts and sell them, so it also harms again only RMTer.
  10. Finley Augur

One thing that kinda sucks about MOTM is classes that would do that old content with a pet tank (like me, a magician) cannot ever do that, so won't be able to kill those creatures until I can tank it myself.
  11. PathToEternity pathtoeternity.pro

MotM does make Sky stuff with DT even worse than it already is to try to go back and do too.
  12. Quill Augur

Who cares? They can kill Naggy once every 7 days and the CoF is rare. If you make sure there is a minimum of 6, they have to also blow at least 5 other account timers. Lets not pretend that in PoP, or even before, regular folks won't already be 1-grouping this with ease for alts and funsies. I can see the justification for progression for MOTM, but once its no longer in-era content, its largely just speed bump bs, simply remove the speed bump. Let people have some fun and play their characters full-speed.

Base Pick should definitely still have MOTM on it though.

The exception for say Agnarr should be PoP -> LDON as that's the end-of-server. As such, MOTM should stay on those expansions for that particular server.
  13. Machentoo Augur

Nope. At least not if it stays as it is now. Can use offline toons from the same account in most cases to reach 6.
  14. Quill Augur

You're already checking if the xpac is out-of-era, in order determine whether to drop MOTM. In that case, simply add a lockout for the instanced zone on the instance grab. You can literally request non-MOTM instances once every 6.5 days.

Interestingly, if you set it so that if there is an Instanced Zone Lockout, you don't add other lockouts, you could curb lockout sprawl. Something probably helpful in later expansions to consolidate the list. Why have like 5+ lockouts for Fear, when you can just say that Fear is locked out? Or is there already a way to do that? Was gone 4 years so don't know all the changes that have gone in.
  15. Dilf Augur

Being able to solo old targets was so much fun, and MoTM kills that idea. Soloing Trak and VP dragons @ 65 is nothing less than impossible now. Not sure why it matters on Phinny, as it all has been instanced farmed to death, and any tradeable raid loots sell on the cheap. People run 18+ boxes on Ragefire to keep these targets dead.
  16. NinjutsuMMO Augur

Imagine if instead of MoTM they actually implemented something to make the content a challenge but did not nerf half the classes at the same time! wow, what an idea...