Question on Hot Zones

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by kinadafz, Jul 31, 2017.

1. kinadafz Augur

I know to check with the guy in PoK for the hot zone quest. But, are old hot zones active with xp bonuses as indicated on allakazahm or is it only what the dude says in PoK?

Example, lvl 60 hotzone from PoK guy is Veksar
    However, there shows Sebilis was one also.

Is Veksar the only one giving the bonus right now?
  2. Derd Augur

Only the current Hot Zone has XP bonus. Augments still drop in old hot zones I believe.
  3. kinadafz Augur

That's what I figured, thanks, and not the answer I was hoping for.

How much more xp does it give from a regular zone? is there some place that can tell me that dungeons from xyz expansion have a 35% boost, or something like that? I thought I read some zones give natural bonus xp.

Basically, i'm trying to figure out if it is better to go to an outdoor hot zone or an indoor dungeon as an example.
  4. smash Augur

Best for you to go check it yourself.

It differs with the zones.
  5. kinadafz Augur

That's my point - there are hundreds of zones, checking them all would take days.
  6. smash Augur

And so?

Do as people do, go and explore it still. You find out what is best for you.

If you dont, you loose a lot from the game, if you just wanna have a cookbook on going from A to B.
  7. Gidono https://everquest.allakhazam.com

8. kinadafz Augur

I've played the game since 1999, off an on, so I've explored enough. Really just looking for an answer to my question, not a lecture on how I choose to play.
  9. Scorrpio Augur

Bonus zones are the ones from FT. And on top you can do his tasks there for an additional extra. Whether you will do better overall than in other regular zones is anyone's guess. Lots of other variables as to how dense the mobs are and their nature (summoners, casters etc) can play a large role. Bonus zone might have 2x xp, but if you have to spend 3x time splitting your pulls it is kinda not worth it.
  10. lolly Elder

11. kinadafz Augur

Excellent info Lolly, that is exactly what I was looking for. I completely understand mob density, pulling, etc, and I will make that determination. But, when I have two zones equal of mobs hps, equal mob density, equal pulling, equal everything, this is the guide I'm looking for.
  12. Gidono https://everquest.allakhazam.com

The ZEM's in most of those zones have changed since 2004 which is when the post was made on our site. ZEM isn't something that is given out anywhere. No one knows this information but the developers now. Hot zones of course have a increased ZEM so visiting Franklin Teek in PoK will tell you exactly which zones are hot zones.