Agnarr - Level 10 to Max - Grouping by Expansion?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Tehsid67, Jul 27, 2017.

1. Tehsid67 Journeyman

I love alts and leveling new classes, and I'm interested in where the groups are for leveling a character from level 10 to max, via grouping for each expansion (i chose 10 to max, and not 1 to max, as 1 to 10 is usually soloing). My observations for classic has been pretty much Unrest > LGuk for 10 to max. What will it be for each of Agnarr's expansions?

Classic:
    Unrest/Mistmoore 10 to 30.
    LGuk/Sol/OoT 30 to 50.
  2. Thorondor Augur

Kurns from 10 to 18 or so, then uguk lord to 24, then uguk to 34 or so then city of mist to 46 then seb till 60 in kunark
  3. Tehsid67 Journeyman

Interesting. I definitely see Kurns. Is it as concentrated as Classic is, where everyone really goes to the same dungeons? What about Velious 10 to max? Luclin?
  4. Risiko Augur

Classic, the busy zones are:
    • Unrest
    • Lower Guk
    • Nagafen's Lair (SolB)
    • The Hole

In Kunark, the busy zones become:
    • Kurn's Tower
    • City of Mist
    • Chardok
    • Old Sebelis
    • Howling Stones

In Velious, it becomes:
    • Tower of Frozen Shadows
    • Velketor's Labyrinth
    • Kael Drakkal
    • Siren's Grotto
  5. Arrk Augur

There are a lot of great zones to level in... The problem is the "mainstream" spots are there because they are easy and people flock to easy.

OT, Warslicks Wood, LOIO... all good Kunark zone to level in...
    OOT, MM, CT, Sol A... other good Classic zones...

The challege here is bringing the group to the zone... not going to the zone to find the group...
  6. Tehsid67 Journeyman

Is Risikio's list here, the "mainstream" spots that are easy to flock to" zones?
  7. Risiko Augur

"Easy to flock to" will not apply to all of them. Old Sebelis and Howling Stones both require completion of key quests, and the Howling Stones key quest has a major bottle neck.

I made these lists based on my experiences on Ragefire and Phinigel. These are the zones that get the most traffic in era that I noticed. Even with the key requirements for Seb and Howling Stones (Charasis), everybody will do the quests, and get keyed eventually. Howling Stones just takes a lot longer due to part of the key quest requiring a drop from a mob in Lake of Ill Omen that has a spawn time of over an hour.

To complicate things further, the drop is tradable which means that certain people farm it to sell. Regardless though, you will see Howling Stones get its fair share of visitors for sure.

The two highest populated zones during Kunark by far are City of Mist and Old Sebelis.

During Velious, the two highest populated zones are Velkator's Labyrinth and Kael Drakkal. You will literally see dozens of people sitting at the zone line of Kael at the Western Wastes zone line waiting for a group invite or that ellusive /shout "xyz rotting at ... " message.

Plus you will see a lot of pick up raids in Kael for killing the giants to gain Dragon faction that they lost while raiding the dragons with their guild. It's a non-stop faction grind... Raid with your guild killing Dragons. Raid with strangers to kill Giants to raise your Dragon faction back up. Up... Down... Up... Down...
  8. Tehsid67 Journeyman

Surprised Karnor's castle isn't on the list for Kunark. Appears to be some gaps in there between Kurn's and City of Mist. Do the classic zones still get "show up and LFG" traffic for the level gaps? -Or are you able to go to zones like nurga / droga and put up an LFG at the level appropriate?

In Kunark, the busy zones become:
    • Kurn's Tower
    • City of Mist
    • Chardok
    • Old Sebelis
    • Howling Stones
    The "Show up and LFG" zones i think are what I am most interested in for each expansion, for all levels. -Thanks for the replies.
  9. Risiko Augur

While I was always a fan of KC, it had a very low population on the last two TLPs I played on. There just weren't that many groups there at any given time when I checked. I think it might be because of the extremely long run to get to from the portal location.

Some of the classic zones just don't go down that much in popularity. Unrest and Lower Guk (to a lesser extent) will maintain decent populations. It's very hard to beat the experience modifier in Unrest.

The main thing you will notice when Kunark opens is that the classic zones like Unrest and Lower Guk will have much fewer /pick instances available. The camps will still be camped. There will just be less picks available because there wont be enough people there to open them. In other words, expect the AM in Lower Guk and Efreeti in Nagafen's Lair camped.

The new perma-camp that comes in Kunark is the guy that drops the cloak in Old Sebelis. There will be a box there from the time the server comes up to the time the server goes down. Expect it. Set your clock to it. It will happen. And, trust me. You will see threads here complaining about the box that /picks from instance to instance killing said mob.
  10. Wayylon Augur

Karnors is good from 50-55

Then I would hit up Seb.
  11. Tehsid67 Journeyman

The idea that KC might be pretty empty, leaving alot of cool camps open to a Group that specifically travels there, is very appealing to me. Looking forward to Kunark!
  12. Risiko Augur

On Phinigel (and I believe it was similar on Ragefire.. been a while), the /pick count during peak hours was around the following:
    • Old Sebelis = 8+
    • City of Mist = 3+
    • Karnors Castle = 0
    That didn't mean all the camps were open at all times. It just meant that you either went to KC with a group or solo'd it because getting a pick up group in KC was rare. In particular, the basement always had someone camping there.

Now that I think about it, I remember people complaining that the experience rate was bad in KC, so that probably along with the long run to get there lead to people by passing it.

Old Sebelis is a long run as well, but when you have half or more of the server there and insanely good drops, people will make that run. Plus, the deepest parts of Old Sebelis give some of the best experience in the game in that era. For the most part, Old Sebelis is Kunark's Lower Guk.
  13. Machentoo Augur

The experience rate has ALWAYS been bad in KC compared to the other Kunark dungeons.
  14. Fhiele Augur

In Luclin, Paludal becomes the new "go to" for 10-25. At the lower level, you do fiends, at the higher you do bandits. Bandits drop some nice bronze for plat too.

At 24 or 25, I always did Upper Guk, at live side zone in area to LGuk to 30. UGuk has a much higher ZEM then LGuk.
  15. Malokhan Elder

KC's mob levels (as well as skyfire) was reduced from what it was on live back 2000 when I compared it on Ragefire. XP was terrible. IMO it's now a 45-52ish zone at most.
  16. Progress Augur

KC also ruins OT outpost faction. There are always people trying to work that faction for the OT hammer and the easy ability to hammer and use vendors at the outpost.