Pop best duel Boxes

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by FENDER42, Jul 24, 2017.

1. FENDER42 Lorekeeper

Hey guys trying to get a good sense on some of the best 2 boxes and their capabilities from classic - PoP. If anyone has any knowledge they would love to share, it would be much appreciated.
  2. Deserx Journeyman

There are a ton of threads out there with great recommendations.

You can build a lot of box teams with an enchanter or shaman. Enc pairs best with a cleric for PoP but I really like the Enc/Dru combo for ports. Shaman can be played with about any other class. Sk or Pally with a Shaman seems to have overtaken the classic Monk/Shammy combo. Shammy with a mage or necro would be great too.
  3. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Shadowknights are probably one of the better duel classes. With HT and leechcurse it's hard for most classes to kill you and your burst potential is pretty insane.

I'm not too familiar with PvP in general though since EQ pvp is lol, I wouldn't particularly recommend boxing while dueling though since that seems like kind of bad manners.
    Wayylon and Felicite like this.
  4. Phantom Ghost Augur

Exactly major difference between duel and dual.
  5. Troutfest Augur

Your knot spelling dual teh write weigh...
    Xanadas likes this.
  6. Kevbrah New Member

Cleric/Bard was a fun one for me. Always have a spot in raids and you wouldn't believe some of the things you can solo with just chants. An elemental geared bard has ridiculous mitigation, chants are decent dps, and the mobs only summon every 10-12 seconds or so. So you only take a few rounds of damage per minute. Nothing the cleric can't handle just sitting there medding on a horse. Basically if there aren't any wandering adds you can kill anything.
  7. Darwin New Member

Your setup and skill determine how well you can control two chars at once. If you don't actually want to be active on your box, something that can buff and then sit in the corner is ideal. Typically druid or cleric or bard + OP solo class of choice. Necro + druid is a common favorite. Druid can hold down camp while necro roams. Regen + skin + thorns is nice, and powering lich by regen buff and heals rather than taps makes necro super mana efficient. Druid is a fantastic box in general because it can then quickly plvl any alts on main account. I'm considering one for my 31 necro, because I'd like to have a ranger at 60 by luclin and I'm not totally set on a main until then.

Of course, if you can actually control 2 computers, you can play something that requires actual reflexes on the box, like enchanter/cleric. Enchanter/cleric is fine with just semi-afk buffs + occasional CH on pet, but if you can use the cleric to help stun during recharm or spot heal enc during a snafu while using the enchanter to lock everything down, you can kill a lot of stuff that is normally meant for full groups.
  8. Green_Mage Augur

If you want the power-gaming answer, it's charm + healer. So Enchanter or Necromancer + Cleric, Druid or Shaman. Any combination of healer charmer has it's ups and downs. Clerics are best if you are new to boxing IMO. They are a little less tricky to fully utilize.
  9. Darwin New Member

A better question is "What is the best box for X?" Yes, cleric/enc is powerful, but if you don't want to play an enchanter then that's beside the point. I found shm box to be unnecessary for my ranger on Phini from luclin+. I think I would have still had uses for bard, though.
  10. Drina New Member

"Best" is relative. There are multiple combos that work nicely and how well they work in a true box set up is largely up to the player. I hear bards are pretty effective in a dual box scenario but I never could get the hang of a bard so for me that's not an option when already juggling two keyboards and two mice. I would just be a danger to myself and others. I ran a cleric/chanter for a long time. My cleric was also my main. This gave me options as stellar support staff when playing with my husband the ranger tank (yes really) and in groups or solo with a charm pet. I also raided with this pair. Sometimes I fired up a third box and drug my shaman around as well when I was solo but mostly he was a buff machine.
  11. Rhodz Augur

This is like asking what is best kind of vehicle to buy without even saying how it will be used.