Phiny exp test

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Numiko, Jul 19, 2017.

1. Rhodz Augur

The neckbeards do love those keys.
    Or anything else that restricts content including slow xp.
    Both ideas are just game killers once the support evaporates for the population in general.
    I know it, you know it, DBG knows it... that it is still a thing says a lot.
    nostalgicfool likes this.
  2. Numiko Augur

When LDON launched all zones in pop up to BoT became unlocked, you do not need any flags or key, to enter.

With the launch of GoD all the elemental planes should be unlocked as well,though I have not personally tested this yet.

Note: there still are level restrictions to get in, but you do not need any flags or keys.
  3. Mwapo Augur

I think its DoN for Ele planes.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/game-update-notes-january-18-2017.237833/

relevant patch notes.
  4. Numiko Augur

Did some more testing today with my 65's what I found strange is while normal exp has gone up dramatically AA exp has not.

My test today was in Halls of Honor, killing mobs in the hero' shrine, they are all Dark Blue to Yellow, most are level 60-63 mobs.

Before God with exp set to 90% into AA's I would get a little over 2% of an AA per kill, occasionally I would get a 3%, The Yellow Con named were easily over 3% per kill.

After God Launch, I seem to be getting very similar results, a little over 2% per kill.
    If we indeed get a 66% exp boost as calculated it should be at least 3% per kill
    (2% x 1.66 = 3.32%)

When we had the 76% bonus weekend I was easily getting 3% per kill, with the occasional 4%, the Yellow Con Names were yielding 5% per kill.

I did notice an increase in normal exp during my session. I play about 4 hours there and before I would get maybe 2% into 65 (again with exp set to 90-10) today i got 4% into 65 during roughly the same time period.

I was wondering if anyone else noticed this?
  5. Ultrazen Augur

Servers naturally suffer attrition and loss. If there aren't at least an equal number of people rolling new characters on the server, it dies over time. This is pretty easy to understand, slow exp and difficulty in "catching up", especially when AA is involved, is probably the single dumbest thing you can do to a server, unless you want it to die.

I have a couple characters on Phin parked in the 30s, I'll never play them again. The grind there is just mind numbingly slow. As someone who likes to play a lot of alts, it's even more of a road block.
    Progress and nostalgicfool like this.
  6. Kiani Augur

This doesn't surprise me.

My understanding is that AA xp and normal (levelling) xp are on different modifiers. When AA came out on Phinigel, people were surprised at how easy they were compared to normal xp.

I suspect the normal xp has been boosted from GoD release, but AA xp is the same as before.
  7. Baldur Augur

This is just totally observational, I don't remember hard numbers from before GoD, but to me it seems like normal level exp went up dramatically but AA experience stayed the exact same. I seem to be getting the exact same AA per hour that I was before GoD.
  8. Darchon_Xegony Augur

Soloing in PoStorms before GoD for AA exp I was getting 4% on Light blues, 6% on frogs and 8% on Giants. All of these values stayed the same after GoD.

During my Tipt trial on launch I threw on Lessons and from start to end of the trial I gained about 35% regular EXP. Granted this was my first Lesson burn, but the regular EXP rate seemed much more reasonable after GoD launch.

AA EXP though still seems pretty abysmal in groups. 2% per kill in a full group in Sewers was pretty awful.
  9. Risiko Augur

Oh my God. Grammar is your friend. Let me fix this for you.

There. That should make it more readable.
  10. Numiko Augur

Risiko's favorite YouTube:

Niskin likes this.