What happened to Spell Particles? Time Locked (Agnarr)

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by JhagoReed, Jul 6, 2017.

1. JhagoReed New Member

Ok guys, I played this game for years and years. I remember the old spell effects. I fired up an Enchanted on Agnarr and am having a blast but it's like the spell effects have been reduced by 75%? Every option in my display options are set for max across the board.

Is this just part of the programming? Why isn't it like it used to be?

Thanks!
  2. Zevran New Member

When Agnarr opened I submitted a ticket with the same issue; two weeks later, after doing everything imaginable to fix the issue with customer support, it was concluded that it's a bug related to the TLPs, even though it also affects my live server spell effects. Not only are spell graphics more muted, but they cut out entirely after 1.5 seconds, returning only for a flourish at the end of the cast. No ETA for a fix was given.

The issue is especially noticeable with longer casts like Complete Heal - I can't look at a cleric to see if a heal is forthcoming or if they're asleep at the wheel. It drives me insane.
  3. TelinDarkforest Journeyman

This was an intentional change most likely. They added a timer to every spell animation in the spell files to cut off the animations after so many seconds. Maybe they wanted to clean up raids and such. My suggestion would be to allow the casting animation to last as long as the cast time as it used to be and if they want to clean up the target animation, limit it to 3 seconds or something. As it is right now you can't even see some of the spells finish as designed. It looks broken.