Current State of mnk vs bst with GoD

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by NewDroo, Jul 18, 2017.

1. NewDroo New Member

I know things fluctuate quite a bit, but coming back curious how these classes are doing versus original time period?

Any help in making a new char tomo would be much appreciated :)
  2. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

We haven't gotten there yet. Ask in like 4 weeks.
  3. Sdoofbuc Augur

Monks get a nice boost to DPS. AA that really separate 1 handers from 2 handers. 1 handers are even more DPS compared to 2 handers than they are in PoP. We also get a nice AA line that allows us to remain FD if casted on. 5 of 15 ranks. If you resist the spell you remain FD 100% of the time. If the spell lands, you remain FD 50% of the time.

Beastlords get some good pet stuff. I also think they get DoT crits. I'm not 100% sure on Beastlord stuff.

Bottom line. I think both classes will be pretty much the same as they are in PoP. Beastlords will be able to tank and live longer. Monks will still be higher in DPS.
  4. Gencat New Member

I'm not so sure this is true, with an SORS or SSOC Monks will likely outparse the dual wield setup when burning..
  5. Finchy Augur

100% wrong. 2hb from here on out!
  6. Sdoofbuc Augur

This is hard for me to believe. Looking at the AAs we get in Gates I just don't see this happening. Guess we'll have to wait and see. I have 130 banked AA to try out as soon as the servers come up.
  7. Sdoofbuc Augur

We'll have to wait and see. With the AA we get I don't see this happening for a long time.
  8. Gencat New Member

Focused Destruction obviously favors the 2hb setup and will outparse a DW setup on a burn, don't believe us I suggest you take the time to go farm your own Gates weapons on test and parse yourself on a Dummy.
  9. Tseroth91 New Member

you are high as hell if you think thats true
  10. Finchy Augur

I expect a reply to this post when you finish your testing and realize I am correct :D
  11. Sdoofbuc Augur

I managed to get a Segmented Staff of Ceremony a few nights ago. So far it's nice. Still not sure if it's better than a 1 hand setup. Parses on raids show a mixed result. Sometimes I win and sometimes I don't.

I did break 1K DPS on a Qvic goat with the Segmented Staff of Ceremony. Next highest DPS was 600is. But I think I was the only one burning. Focused Destruction Force + Speed Focus = Fun.

More testing is needed.
  12. Risiko Augur

Personally, I think that Monk and Beastlord are two of the most fun classes to play in the game. I'd make one of each myself lol.
  13. smash Augur

Bad thing that beast only about who can press their keyboard the fastest.
  14. Phrovo1 Augur

how is he high for thinking that adding an additional round to your primary slot would mean that 2 handers benefit more from focused destructive force? you do realize that destructive force only goes off primary and not primary/secondary?