Best 6 box for agnarr?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Spinetwist, Jul 11, 2017.

1. Koronu187 Elder

what is the point of 6 botting this game? to be a cancer on your server?
  2. Koronu187 Elder

or are you making your incoming irl from krono farming?
  3. Risiko Augur

First off, it's 6 boxing. Not 6 botting. There is a major difference.

As for why people do it, there are many possibilities.

The real reason most people box:
    • Like the challenge of playing multiple characters at the same time
    • Has a chaotic play schedule that doesn't fit well with finding groups
    • Has to AFK often due to real life stuff, and doesn't want to bother other players in a group
    • Plays in a time zone that doesn't readily support a lot of available groups
    • Likes to rely on him/herself to get equipment and accomplish achievements
    • Doesn't like dealing with other people
    • Likes the fact that every drop from rare mobs goes to him/herself
    The unrealistic reasons that people box (according to the haters):
    • Makes their living off of krono sales on the black market
    • Likes to be a jerk to others
  4. Pikallo Augur

Its been debated many times, but i'm guessing based on the tone of your post you aren't looking for rational responses and just feel like lashing out or complaining.

Regardless, there are plenty of legitimate reason people like to box other than just to grief, harass, or RMT. In fact, a significant majority box for other reasons:
    1) Challenge. This is game is extremely simple from an individual player standpoint. It is very possible to play 3+ characters at a level of similar efficiency to just playing one. Striving to achieve that efficiency and productiveness is a fun and rewarding challenge.
    2) Playtimes. I have a wife and kid, with highly unpredictable and often interrupted play. I might be right in the middle of clearing down to a camp and have to evac out and grudgingly help the wife or kid with something. The self-sufficiency of boxing a rounded group allows for a much more productive and enjoyable gaming experience. It also prevents having to bail on pick-up groups at a moments notice.
    3) Greed. Yes, while it seem selfish to some and receives lots of negative feedback from the social gaming advocates, the ability to farm the items you want/need without having to compete with others is very compelling. It doesn't always have to translate in to griefing or RMT despite the whiners on the forums.
    4) Raid supplements. Its nice to have multiple characters to fill in gaps in a raiding environment if you are short on certain classes(usually healers!)

I'm sure there are others, but these are the reasons that I box (I have a team of 4, not 6)
    Illusory and Risiko like this.
  5. Phantom Ghost Augur

Whats the point of playing one character if 6 is easy enough?

Couldn't imagine playing a cleric only... or most classes for that matter.

What was the point of this post?
    Soltara and Sumonerr_Tunare like this.
  6. Barudin_Phinigel Augur

I personally camped in Plane of Water down by offossa and gave away a ton of loot. Does it count as a cash camp if I could have sold the items that drop down there for multiple krono each?

My set up was two clerics two enchanters and a monk and bard. The monk chain pulled. The bard was an afk song bot. The monk boxed one ench and one Cleric and I boxed the Cleric and enchanter. We used charmed frogs from up top and would have enough dps to kill the entire offossa room, the hydrotha room and all 6 of the mini rooms before respawn.

It resulted in alot of loot and alot of exp. Virtually no competition due to people's aversion to plane of water. I managed to max 4 of my toons plus the 130 aa banked in less then two months on Phinny.
  7. Soltara Augur

Cleric
    Enchanter
    Mage
    Mage or warrior for motm mobs
    Mage or wizard for ports
    Mage or bard for afk songs
  8. Silentchaos Augur

Paladin, Cleric, Magician, Wizard, Enchanter, Monk
  9. Liquidmorphh New Member

Bard
    Cleric
    Monk
    Monk
    Monk
    Monk

..until you need a tank in later expansions
  10. AgentofChange Augur

11. Accipiter Old Timer

I five box so I don't have to deal with people like you.
    Machentoo likes this.