In 2 years, what would you like the next TLP ruleset to be

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Risiko, Jul 12, 2017.

1. Risiko Augur

I thought this would be fun. Let's all make lists of what we would like to see the next TLP server ruleset to be after Agnarr caps at LDoN in 2 years.

Features available on day one:
    • All races
    • All classes
    • All race/class combinations
    • Classic and Kunark expansion open
    • Zone: The Warrens open
    • Zone: Stonebrunt Mountains open
    • Froglok town in Rathe Mountains
    • Classic and Kunark items like Mana Stone and Dark Elf mask wearable by all/all in game until sometime after Velious expansion opens
    • 12 weeks between expansion openings
    • Same experience rate as Agnarr
    • Truebox code
    • /pick system
    • Agents of Change raid system
    • Potion belt
    • Click from bags
    • Bandolier
    • Agro meter
    • Extended Target window
    • No more expansion unlocks after Omens of War
    • Character copy to any Live server potion purchasable from Marketplace
    • Enhancement: Server Raid target kill announcements that mentions the guild name rather than the character's name
    Illusory likes this.
  2. Numiko Augur

I think next one you will see will be another "event" server like Quarm was.
  3. Machentoo Augur

I've put the idea forth before but I'd like to see a zero lockout server with no time delay between unlocks. Clear all of classic and Kunark immediately unlocks. Need more cloak of flames to kill Trakanon? Go kill Naggy 20 more times back to back.

I'd like to see a server like this because I think it would be quite illustrative just how much time we waste waiting on 5 or 7 day lockouts. When content is limited, there is maybe a good argument for lockouts, but when there are 20+ expansions to play through, there is really no good reason to restrict us from experiencing the content at whatever pace we'd like.
    Montag likes this.
  4. Finchy Augur

I literally have no complaints to this....would actually be really cool. The only adjustment I would like to see is go 1 more expac to DoN. Other than that, would be really fun.
  5. Eldrian Augur

PvP, No rez, Trivial loot code, Anti camp radius, all No Trade. Let the fun begin.
  6. Risiko Augur

Here's a fun idea for an event server. I call it the Thunder Dome server!

Thunder Dome Event Server:
    • Three factions: Good, Evil, Nuetral
    • Team PvP except in cities
    • No loot corpse
    • Respawn with loot upon death in team's home city
    • All level 10
    • No leveling
    • No mobs
    • No guards
    • No rez spell
    • Every kill of a fellow team's character counts as 1 AA
    • Buy spells with AAs
    • Buy equipment with AAs
    • Every week, the top 100 *UNSPENT* AA count is listed on a leaderboard
    • Server runs for 5 months
    • When the season ends, you have 1 month to login to the server and spend AAs on rewards like Markeplace items, DBC, etc
    • Server is wiped and starts the next season 1 month after it ends
    • 2 seasons per year obviously: Summer season and Winter season
    Only zones in the game:
    • Freeport: Nuetral team
    • Neriak: Evil team
    • Rivervale: Good team
    • Commonlands
    • Nektulos Forest
    • Kithicor Forest
    Nuetral team:
    • Races: Human, Barbarian, Erudite, Half elf
    • Classes: Warrior, Druid, Magician, Monk
    Evil team:
    • Races: Dark elf, Troll, Ogre, Gnome
    • Classes: Shadow Knight, Shaman, Necromancer, Rogue
    Good team:
    • Races: High Elf, Dwarf, Halfling, Wood elf
    • Classes: Paladin, Cleric, Enchanter, Ranger
  7. Aziuno Augur

I just want Phinny to be alive and kicking 2 years from now =D

I am hoping the solid start to how many raid guilds we have up to and during PoP will allow it to continue through all the ages and not become a ghost town.
  8. MaestroM Augur

Phinny without the dumb experience BS. I want to play through all of the post-OoW expansion (Depths of Darkhollow? always seemed cool to me). But I also want to have 4-5 characters at max level and I don't have time to do all that ish on Phinny. I'm on Agnarr because it's the new thing and doesn't have any of the "This server might be too fun, lets scale back the fun to be safe" nonsense.

Give me Phinny with no exp penalty and you've got my perfect server.

And yes, I understand that Phinny is about to get an exp boost. But its already knocking on GoD's door and so I'll wait for the next one on Agnarr.
  9. Machentoo Augur

If you want to play through all the post-oow expansions, I'd seriously consider the possibility that Phinny (and to a lesser extent Ragefire/Lockjaw) might be the last chance ever to do that. There is no guarantee that Daybreak will release another server in the future that will give you that option (or that Everquest will still be around ~3 years from now when the hypothetical new server reaches the start of that content.) The people who want to do what you want to do are mostly on Phinigel now, and many of them say that this will be their last play through, so even if Daybreak does release a new Phinny-like server, it might not have the population to push through those expansions.
  10. Thorondor Augur

Quit suggesting that they stop the goddamned game in the middle of a series of expansions that do not increase level. A level cap at OOW means that THERE IS ONLY ONE EXPANSION OF CONTENT THAT IS PERTINENT.

Stopping points:

Shadows of Luclin (gives you Kunark+Velious+Luclin as "Current" content to play with)
    Gates of Discords (gives you POP+LDON+GOD as "Current" content to play with)
    Prophecy of Ro (Give you OOW, DON, DODH, and PoR as "Current" content to play with)

Stopping at the FIRST expansion in a level cap increase SHRINKS THE GODDAMN GAME TO ONE EXPANSION. Stop suggesting this .
    Genoane and Montag like this.
  11. Chatoyan Elder

If, for some reason, Phinny dies but EQ is still going, I'd rather see a 51/50 server that skips earlier expansions (Classic/Kunark/Velious), than a server that stops at some predefined point. I've done all the low level stuff more than enough times. However, as someone who didn't raid (or even group much) prior to TSS, there are still lots of things I'd like to see and do at higher levels.

- 51/50
    - start at Luclin or GoD
    - Phinny unlock schedule
    - true box
  12. MaestroM Augur

Just a couple of observations.

Luclin loot + AA's trivialized Kunark and Velious content way more than level 65 trivialized Luclin content. In fact, SSRA and VT content was still relevant in PoP until you got into elementals (and there is a lot of content and raiding to do before you get to Elementals).

The nice thing about EQ was that old content was still worth doing. Unlike WoW, where you can mostly skip older expansion and just play the new one, PoP-era didn't really trivialize any content that wasn't already trivial and at least until the higher level raid zones did not immediately make obsolete gear from the past expansion.

If that's the case then I can live. Being able to play classic-PoP is what I'm really after. The rest is just icing on the cake.
  13. Risiko Augur

You seem upset. I'm not sure, but I definitely think you might be upset. Yeah. Definitely upset. Might I suggest a nice warm cup of get over your issues?
  14. daffie999 Augur

Same rules as Agnarr, but start it with GoD. Each account gets 1 free level bump for 1 toon. Just keep doing it until we make it up to live.
  15. RandomStrategy Augur

GoD expansion but level cap of 55.

A true challenge server experience.

WHERE IS YOUR GOD, NOW?
  16. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

A TLP that reduces player power significantly
    Has a strong GM / Guide showing
  17. Machentoo Augur

That would be pretty rough, considering you couldn't even wear vt gear! Have fun tanking Tunat in your ToV stuff!
  18. Noblesquire Journeyman

I love Agnarr, but this would make me move... mainly because this is where I left off when I quit EQ the first time. I liked the expansion. But not complaining. I think Agnarr will be a great server regardless.
  19. Soltara Augur

This is the sentiment every new server. Most people won't make it to PoP. Alot of those will be sad at how easy the raids are, how trivial the group and flagging content is now and how utterly disappointing and monotonous LDON is. However, it's a really fun run getting there.
    Noblesquire likes this.
  20. Thorondor Augur

Except that PoP's level increase was under the guidance of the early EQ dev team, which was heavily influenced by raider input insisting that expansion releases keep a 3-expansion progressive raid environment where content is/was tuned to require pre-gearing from raiding the expansion prior in order to succeed in current expansion raid content (which often involved pre-gearing in 2-expansions prior in order to succeed in gearing from the expansion prior). (I.e. group gear from PoP is inferior to raid gear from 2 expansions prior, and entry level raid gear Tier1/Tier2 is inferior to the best raid-level gear from 1 expansion prior.)

From Launch to PoP, expansions were designed with this in mind in order to facilitate a progressive raid environment which forced players to raid one expansions raid content to be able to raid the current expansion's raid content)

GoD started to infringe on this model but didn't quite fully negate raid gear from SoL at the group level, which is why you typically only see upgrades to SoL-era raid gear in the instanced or raid-flag required zones from GoD and not the open world zones. (it's also important to note that the GOD era group-level instanced content was designed to challenge POP raid-geared players, and is the reason why Tipt, Vexd, and the KodTaz group-level instances drew so much ire from the casual-groupgeared playerbase, and still did even after KodTaz was no longer a raid-flag locked zone on Fippy/Vulak servers).

OOW was the turning point in EQ history where the development team decided to go a new direction with this model and began shrinking the 3-expansions of raid content is "current" model to a 2-expansions of raid content is "current" model.

This is why you can find several side-grades to POP level raid gear in the group game, outside of raid-flag locked content, with RSS gear and epic 1.5/2.0 mini-raidable content in OOW; instanced drops that are superior to Elemental raid loot (but not Time Loot) etc.

In EQ history, there were several guilds in the PoP era that attempted to gear up in Ornate armor and bypass VT raiding, which were met with failure. It wasn't until the advent of TLP servers, where players started with significantly more power than originally designed, when bypassing pre-gearing from the raid content in expansions prior became viable.

So, the point stands that these TLPs should be targetting entire progression arcs by level-caps as the stopping point for progression locked servers, and not just choosing to stop at whatever random people that happen to lurk these forums "feel" is their favorite expansion/stopping point.

Plus, regardless of whether or not the raid-progression model is required, lumping locking points by level cap is a more practical model, because without even considering the gear, having the most options for exp/grouping entails having all the content available for that expansion-group's level cap.

Not doing so forces players into the before-LDON environment we witnessed on Phinigel: where you either grinded from 61-65 in Griegs, or you were exclusively pigeonholed into just-POP content for leveling. At least with Agnarr they threw the playerbase a bone with LDON being included with the POP lock, but could you imagine how droll and limited the options for playing would have been if they wouldve excluded LDON from the agnarr lock?
    Noblesquire likes this.