For AB server

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Philoda, Jul 5, 2017.

1. Philoda New Member

Dear Mr Daybreak,

For Fourth of July, extra experience. For Memorial Day, extra experience. Heck, probably double experience for Groundhog Day,

And for the Europeans---well server didn't crash too much those weekends.

So give us a break. Next Friday is Bastille Day---give AB its own double experience weekend. Or German Unification Day (its a Tuesday just like 4th of July---a four day extra experience.).

Come on, give us a break

A Weasel, esq
  2. Pootle Elder

AB got bonus Exp last weekend as well as the US servers.
    Giving AB more exp for Euro Holidays would produce much wailing and gnashing of teeth from the other players.

Anyway, a weekend where AB "didn't crash too much" is a bonus in itself, Right?

Edit: I guess you are referring to the fact that the US players got to take advantage of no work last tue, and the rest of us didn't????
  3. Kyzvs Augur

Why not show us europeans some love? With the weird exchange rate system they use, they make more per person from us than USA players ;) - a euro-date holiday (that still affects the US servers) would be a token of recognition that would be appreciated for putting up with the Atari ST-powered AB server.

Just once in the years it's been talked about, I'd love to see a 'yes, we are patching the non-US server at non-US times in recognition that you exist and pay us lotsa $$'. Didn't happen under Verant or Sony though, so not holding my breath that a company so 'focused' on Customer Service as DB will bring that one through. I know it's a pain (I work in corporate IT and used to work the overnight shifts from the UK to patch systems in North Carolina at an appropiate time for them), but it isn't impossible.

AB may not have crashed, but the ancillary components (chat, PoK / GH / GL, zone clickies such as the nests in blackfeather and fellowship tokens) were awful on Sunday and still pretty laggy last night.
  4. Inady Lorekeeper

Not all Europeans use AB. but I agree we should perhaps get an extra experience time for European days off work. The hassle will be which ones to cover. There are so many places to cover it will mean a lot of extra experience days which might be to much for DBC
  5. Bolfo New Member

First we need a lag free server.
  6. Diani Augur

A day without lag, freezes, hick-ups or crash is already considered a day with bonus-exp on the AB-server.