How do I allow others to Invis me...

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Vaarni, Jul 9, 2017.

1. Vaarni New Member

Hi,
    so i have this weird problem and my google skills are appearantly to weak to find the answer:

Whenever my friend trys to invisible my paladin on his enchanter, we have to be in group or ill get the following message:

xx tries to cast a spell on you, but you are protected.

I can recieve all other buffs so why not invisibillity? How do i disable this?
    It is slightly annoying ^^;

Thanks in advance
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Not playing an enchanter but I can guess it may be like my rangers cammo/invis. It is group cast only - meaning it can only be cast on people in your group. The enchanter can try /tgb on - that allows them to cast on another group - but even with my ranger cammo that does not work. But it does work for other spells. Some spells are "self" group only. Around the spells are colors and if you look yellow = yourself, purple = group and red = others.
    moogs likes this.
  3. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

You have to be grouped to receive any form of invis from another player. This is to prevent griefing by invising players that have charmed pets, or constantly invising someone trying to speak to a NPC, etc.
    moogs likes this.
  4. Vaarni New Member

I was guessing it is because of that kind of griefing but i did hope that it was something i can toggle on/off. That it was toggled to not allow the buff and i simply cant find the button. :/
    I didnt even know it can mess with charmed pets lol
    Thanks for the answer :)
  5. Yruc Augur

This is also true for Bind and teleport spells (excluding the single target teleport which gives a confirmation box)