extreme lag from Europe

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by nostalgicfool, Jul 5, 2017.

1. nostalgicfool Augur

It never happened before, i rebooted PC but it did not help, some groupmates told me that they had the same issue.

Symptom :
    if i cast a debuf on a mob effect does not appear before 2 seconds so i get confused and think it has been resisted.

Mob hp drop from 50% to 0% suddenly and not HS ranger around.

When tabbing mob appear to be under no detrimental effect which get me confused again since i cannot tell if it is debuffed or not, debuff appear also after like 2 seconds.

Shops appear empty for 2-3 seconds.

Zones are very slow to load.

I could play in GE since it's somewhat trivial at 58, but if I had been in "internal rats" in COD it would have been problematic since there you often get 3-5 mob and they better be slowed or mezzed fast.
  2. Rauven Augur

TLP servers are located in Western NA. Any bogging down across the Atlantic pipeline through Richmond or through the midwest is going to cause exponentially worse issues from anyone connecting from the UK and EU.
  3. Zipe The Healer

Happened the same to me... Worst raiding experience in a while. I am afraid that posting there won't help... And if they did hear I already know the answer: Call your ISP.
  4. Zinth Augur

have had the same for to days...
    ping is the usual ~200ms
    casting a spell, it takes 2 seconds before I get the sound/casting bar, IF I cast a mob then it takes 2 seconds after the spell is cast before I see if it lands or not

opening parcels takes 40+ seconds before it begins to fill in

opening vendor is 10-15 seconds and same for the first buy, the following buys are sometimes better around 5 seconds

auto combine fails when doing tradeskills due to this, often it has items on the cursor I manually need to remove and then restart or it all out just fails and I need to restart it...

raiding was super duper annoying, was pretty useless during raid (more then usual)
    nostalgicfool likes this.
  5. Zinth Augur

just asked ppl in pok too, several were from Canada, so not a Europe problem only :-/
  6. Malokhan Elder

Run a tracert and see where the slowdown is? Likely not a EQ server problem, but this will help you ID where the failure is.
  7. ayoforYayoh Augur

Donald trump bought the entire global stock of bandwidthe and has no intentions of sharing with you scallywags.

Long live emperor trump. #Murica
  8. kthehammy Elder

the lag is for US players as well. It is very bad past couple days.
  9. ayoforYayoh Augur

Perhaps it's zone specific then?

as an everyday player i havent even seen 1 second of lag. my frames will dip in EC tunnel but that isnt lag so probably not what you're referring to.

I live in Texas if that helps discover anything. Using the 200meg package from Grande Communications.
  10. windforce New Member

laging from dubai for 4 days. hard to kit mobe hard to mem spell. i play dota2 and playerunknon from here. only everquest is laging
  11. nostalgicfool Augur

Exactly the same symptoms, and yes ping is 200ms too.

This is annoying since it restrict me to trivial content and also people may think that i m slacking ;-)

I also have 30-40 second for parcels.
  12. Rhodz Augur

I blame the G20
    Seriously a lot of hinky stuff going on with the net due to cyber fun and games with North Korea or who ever is at it.
  13. Gidono https://everquest.allakhazam.com

I'm in Texas and there is lag as well. My tracert runs 21 hops to their network however but my ping never gets above 90ms and I have no packet loss. It seems the lag is server side due to server load.
  14. Tauza New Member

Extreme lag here too. Started about a forthnight ago. Checking tracert, ping etc.. connection is 100%, no pl or high latency to any other US servers. It's only EQ :(
    nostalgicfool likes this.
  15. nostalgicfool Augur

I don t think it is related to internet issues, i believe this lag is on the server side.
  16. Baldur Augur

I'm in the states and have no lag. I play on Phinny, OP mentions headshot and GE though, so I'm assuming he doesn't play on Agnarr.