Here's how you make plat on a TLP server

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Risiko, Jun 28, 2017.

1. Risiko Augur

There are many ways to make plat on a TLP server. Some are better than others. The game is over 17 years old, so I thought I would start a thread to let the cat out of the bag. Feel free to jump in with yours as well.

1. For straight plat drops, nothing beats killing Giants in Rathe Mountains for the most part. Be sure to kill everything that "paths" across the top of the hill. It's all place holders for giants. The more trash place holders you kill, the more chances for a giant to spawn and hand you plat. Mage is your best farmer for these. A level 50 mage's fire pet can literally drop a giant in 2 to 3 nukes. The safer bet though is the level 50 mage's water pet. Spend a day in RM farming giants, and you can easily make 3000 to 5000 plat. Some make more, and some make less of course.
    2. Ports... Ports... Ports... Get a druid up to max level, and sit in Commonlands at the tunnel entrance. Create a /ooc that says "Porting to all druid rings. Open trade window with donation and say where you want to go". This is very time consuming. Expect to spend your evening or weekend day doing this, but it adds up over time. You will can expect to get donations of 1p up to 1000p. The average is around 50p a port. I made bank doing this on Phinigel in classic, Kunark, and Velious. Be sure to be online ready to do business the day that each expansion opens. You make a TON on those days.
    3. Alchemy... Make a Troll shaman, and level to 25. The components you need to make the mana regen potion and some other (shouldn't exist in classic) potions are sold by the troll NPCs on the big hand in Innothule Swamp. Bind yourself in the Commonlands tunnel. Use Origin to get back to Grobb to make potions, and gate back to Commonlands to sale your potions. Rinse and repeat. During classic, you can sell a crap load of Invisu Versus Undead potions because of Lower Guk. You can make bank on this alone. Enjoy!
    4. Silks... Go to Upper Guk, and kill the spiders for their silk. Sale the silks to crafters.
    5. There are also spiders in South Ro that drop a ton of silks each. Sale the silks to crafters.
    6. Never vendor gems. Hold on to them in your bank, and when you have a stack, sale them to crafters.
    7. Farm grizly bears for their hides which are used to make bags. Sale the hides to crafters.
    8. Run the harvestor quest and sale to Necromancer. Rinse and repeat.
    9. Run the charisma mug quest and sale to enchanters. Rinse and repeat.
    This is just a beginning. There are a lot of ways to make plat on a new TLP server. Feel free to add your methods to the thread.
    Wayylon and FluttyMan like this.
  2. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Risiko you must be one wealthy guy by now on these servers.
  3. Risiko Augur

Not nearly as rich as you, but I don't have an army following me around either ;).

We all know the way to be "rich" on EQ, and it doesn't involve anything I posted above. It has a LOT more to do with six boxing GEBs in Classic and the cloak in Kunark. But, 95% of the people who want to know how to make some plat don't have the ability to do that.
    Wayylon likes this.
  4. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

That army is only 5 guys in total and not even level 50 yet. I do enjoy the EC tunnel too much.
  5. Risiko Augur

I can't remember who it was that used to run a raid force around with him on Ragefire. Some of his streams were quite entertaining to watch... especially when he would open his inventory and you could see the hundreds of Kronos he had.
  6. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

I can't imagine doing more than 6. I'm sure it takes some crazy time setting up programs to make it happen.
  7. Risiko Augur

The most I ever did was 3, but that's because I literally had 3 computers, 3 monitors, and 3 keyboards. With the right hotbar macros setup in-game, it's not terrible, but I prefer just playing 1 character at a time.
  8. Tevez Augur

When people refer to "Playing the EC Tunnel" are they referring to buying loot cheap and reselling for profit?
  9. Deserx Journeyman

Oh yea. Buying/Selling can be very profitable. Lots of people don't care too much about missing out on a few hundred plat as long as they get a quick sale and get back to farming. That's where a reseller can step in. Really helps being a druid/wizard if you are going to sit in commonlands. The tips add up

Every once in a while you hit some crazy deals too
  10. AgentofChange Augur

1) Join a guild
    2) Get a BCG, WDC or Shield of the Immaculate
    3) Sell it
    4) Congrats you can now play for the next 4 years free of charge
  11. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Reselling is the 1st step, using one of those online price trackers is next, creating your own real time tracker comes next. Playing the Krono market is the big one.

The RF / LJ merger is where I was able to double my entire krono stack in 5 days.
  12. Norm Duke Journeyman

Lol what? I usually tip 1p or 5p and I thought that was generous.
  13. Tevez Augur

Interesting, I dont have much money to play around with but getting 50p here 100p there might be a nice way to cash up while waiting for groups.
  14. Risiko Augur

No. You was on the very low side.
  15. Numiko Augur

Guards inside cities are great plat generators, they drop weapons and shields that sell for 10 - 17 plat each. Just remember to create a level one character (ench is best) you can park near a vendor and send them all the loot to sell so you do not get overloaded or have to leave the zone to sell yourself.
  16. Thorondor Augur

uhhh i tip 50 to 75p for a port. Who are these cheapskates tipping 5p? tell them to run at that price.
  17. Green_Mage Augur

If you aren't some kind of hardcore boxer who really knows what he's doing, chances are you will make the best money being a "tunnel rat" of some kind. My favorite is tradeskill tunnel rats because you need staple items to sell for profit, and its hard to get them in a world overcrowded with farmers.

Then you just buy what you need low and sell certain items that sell well for a fair price (don't be a rip off -- its not worth it).
  18. DariyaVika Augur

That's because he's lying. Most of the professional players have an incentive to lie to you.
    Daija `Vu likes this.
  19. DariyaVika Augur

Anyone who says 50pp is normal for port tips is a liar and possibly delusional.
  20. Tevez Augur

Now I feel kinda crap tipping 5-10p for ports =/ on my Pre 50 chars. If its any consolation I do C the porter lol.

I dont have all that much money though to be fair, 50p is quite an extravagance for me.