breath of harmony still breaking melody

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by svann, Jun 23, 2017.

1. svann Augur

1. Im not sure I understand what people are meaning that its a spam issue, and dont think I believe it. I dont spam it over and over. I do hit it more than once every 30 seconds but its not like Im spamming it. Ok, I do have it multibound to selos kick which is 6 second cooldown. I wouldnt call every 6 seconds spamming though. I dont do the "hit your spam key 10x a second so all your abilities go off as soon as possible" trick. I think that is bogus and Id wish you would remove that from the game.
    2. I am seeing the same behavior now as I did before the patch. It breaks melody if you happen to hit it near the end of a song. Not all the time. Sometimes.
    3. You can see the same behavior with other clickies that have no cooldown such as Staff of Viral Flux (which casts Rot Vulnerability), and thats not a bard spell afaik. Click it midsong and you are good. Click it near end of the song and there is a chance it will break melody.

If you want to revert it to the stacking version as as a temporary fix Im fine with that. Ive already gotten used to making sure I hit it mid song instead of at the end of the song.
  2. Schadenfreude Augur

Disclaimer: I'm not a real Bard.

Original version

Broke /melody 100% of the time for me (and for others judging by the patch notes.)
    No stacking issues.

Current version

Breaks /melody rarely.
    Major stacking issues with buffs.
    Can be used in addition to the song.

Personally speaking I much prefer the original version and I already have several click items that break /melody so it could be incorporated alongside those; there's absolutely nothing I can do when effects plain up don't stack.
  3. Ghubuk Augur

Agreed. The original version is better. Just needed to be more careful on when to click.
  4. Weebaaa Augur

If it being a song is what caused the original problem..
    Do you think it could be coded to work like the Combo buffs (Talisman of Unity, for example) where it casts a ~spell~ which reflects the song version on the caster?
    Because the original casting a song was the problem, right?
  5. Dannes New Member

Actually both versions are not great.

OLD: Melody breaking is just annoying - for me it didn't break everytime, lets say 1/6 uses. Still bad

NEW: Does not stack with AC/DS clicky of the Spikecoat line (Gridle of Living Thorns / Violet Conch of the Tempest) it overwrites those buffs. Also it is blocked by clerics buff Armor of the Ardent line - so this is also bad.

Does it have to be either the one or the other? Can't you make it a "spell buff" that stacks with other buffs? Or drop the AC if this is causing the problem. 21 AC is not that much since nither Instrument bonus nor AAs work on it. Same song with maxed instrument multiplier has 85 AC.

(copied form lucy)
    Slot Description
    1: Increase Absorb Magic Damage by 10
    2: Increase AC by 81
    3: Mitigate Damage Shield (-97%)
    4: Increase Chance to Resist Spell by 15%

Just delete line 2 and rename it to Darkened Dobren's Slim Sonata or something.

And thank you for making bard only weapon clicky now instant so that we can use it while singing a melody. Would be wonderful if this could be done for more bard only Items eg. bard epic, older BP clicky, Rapier of Somber Notes; just to name a few.
  6. Zaviere Augur

I have to agree with the masses so far... the original version is better, but only if it HAS to be one of the two options presented. I have to believe there could be some kind of work around to make it do everything it seems to be intended to do, which is provide the benefits of the rk2 Doben's song buff, while stacking with other AC buffs (like the actual song buff does) and without breaking melody. Yeah, it'd take some extra work most likely, but Bards get shortchanged so much these days, it'd be refreshing to have some extra effort put into making this new, awesome clicky get along with everything else.
  7. Brohg Augur

You're attaching way too much significance to this, Zaviere. No Sebilis clicky is intended to be new & awesome. They're supposed to be "neat" or "niche", minor and "nice to have" at best.
  8. Zaviere Augur

Hey man, these days I'll call anything they throw our way new and awesome. In reality, yeah it's not incredibly significant, but the Bard class has been a lot of small ups and big downs the last number of expansions. Appreciating the little things is what keeps me playing!
  9. svann Augur

I hadnt realized it wasnt affected by instruments. Considering that I think Im going back to use the song instead. I only ever used it for the ac.
  10. Israfel Elder

I could be incorrect, but I don't think mods ever work on clickable songs/spells.

The ideal change would be to make it so that clickable bard songs:

1: are modified by gear and AAs.
    2: do not interrupt melody/casting (if they are instants).

I assume things are not working this way because it is somewhat impossible due to coding because it is common sense and certainly not overpowered.
  11. Starkxx Journeyman

Prefer the original version.
  12. Jyve Augur

Song version please. It's up to us to be careful when we click it. Theres so many multibind instants, we've just got to be careful on what we map to what and when to click it. If we bodge and it jams the gems for a few seconds, thats on us.
  13. Hingabe Augur

Or make it have a non instant cast time, but modify the AC to be equivalent to playing the song with T1 focused instrument modifier, and increase the duration to be similar to rapier of somber notes, that would fix the spam, and the melody break would be a non issue because we could just refresh it when we refresh any other clickies of that kind of setup. Using the T1 instrument modifier equivalency for the AC so it isn't "too OP"..I'd be ok with some middleground, but idk why it doesn't just act exactly like the original breath of harmony in the first place. I never broke melody with that, and it was treated as a song.
  14. Brohg Augur

HARD no.
    svann and Nniki like this.