NBG Loot and pugs

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Groans, Jun 21, 2017.

1. Groans Augur

I have had a couple of run ins with players wanting to do NBG loot in a PUG.

I run a lot of groups when I'm trying to farm and camp, If I want an item NBG I bring my own crew and do not ask others (That are not guild or friends) to help farm 1 item for just me.

There seems to be some sense of entitlement with some folks but If I'm in a pug and were camping say the jail in the hole you are nuts if you think you will simply be the only one rolling need on an item worth 12 plus Kronos. Those 12 Kronos will be just as useful to me as that Imp healing 3 will be to you.

NGB is only for no drop items I do not ask a cleric or enchanter that I'm picking up to not be able to roll on anything because were in a camp where there are only items I use.

Tired of getting the NBG shaft, well come play with me anyone can roll need on any droppable item.

/rant off

:)
    Alekyne, yerm and NoWay like this.
  2. sneakyflute New Member

I'm partial to the NBG philosophy but the problem is that it's not applied consistently. I've been in groups that insisted everyone roll "need" on the FBSS and I've also been in groups that prohibited me from rolling on the SMR lest I alienate myself.
  3. Applebottom New Member

Why would you greed on no drop items? Or say when someone in a Hamlord group truly needs a Yak and the group is NBG and you take the yak and refuse to give it up? Even tho you agreed to NBG.
    I have grouped with you, and you think your box pally deserves loot before people in the group.
    You are greedy and you want to feel better. And guess what? No one cares.
  4. Ultrazen Augur

I was on a melee class at frenzy, and a mage gave a big speech about how unfair NBG was, and how everyone should roll on FBSS because everyone needs cash etc etc etc. Fast forward a week or so, on another toon, I end up grouped with the same mage at AM. Oddly, he gave an entirely different speech, about how unfair it was for melee to be rolling on such a good caster item. I found this especially funny since that camp also generates SSOYs...but there you go.

A lot of people are opportunist, and selfish. I've heard every possible speech, almost always trying to justify things that just happen to line up with self interest. /shrug. Krono have gone a long way to taking a game that was already pretty greed oriented, and turning it into an absolute blood bath.
  5. Rojas82 Journeyman

Same person who "needs" that item is selling it 20 mins later in EC. NBG doesn't exist in EQ unless its a friend or guild group.
    Alekyne and NoWay like this.
  6. Mrjon3s Augur

Here's how I look at it. You greed all the vendor loot. On the named loot everyone rolls and if you win you stick around or you find a replacement don't just leave the group. This is the fairest way to do it. If someone is rolling need on vendor loot after having explained the rules you kick them out of the group.
  7. Groans Augur

I think you have me confused with someone else, this is my in game name as well and I do not nor will I ever play or box a Pally :) I have never agreed to NBG then rolled an item I could not use, never ever in my entire EQ play time have I done that.

I don't think you also get the context of me saying NBG and no drop items. meh. Don't group with me again then simple enough lol.
  8. Tryhard New Member

My only problem with NBG in pugs is that you are bound to have 1 or 2 people in the group that cant need any of the drops, making it incredibly unfair for them. I bet monks love NBG pugs at hamlord.
    NoWay likes this.
  9. Arclyte Augur

All need on all item drops is easiest, fairest and comes with the least drama
  10. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

I wouldn't ask anyone to waste their time at a camp for zero possible rewards. Same reason I say no when anyone asks my cleric / enchanter to take the same rewards when I join their group.

Plenty of groups understand time spent = give them a shot at a roll it's still a 1/6 chance beats a zero chance for wasting someone's time at a camp.
  11. xakanrn Augur

personally I seen a lot of people change views when the camp suits them
    So mostly in PUG I clearly say the rules.
    However there been occasions I grouped with pug and can judge from their toon and actions and happy with nbg
    Last night we have a enchanter and wizard who after winning 1 item of loam each in a NBg hit greed for rest
    If you see a ranter about NBG purely because group is in AM then I suggest you stick to all need as when it is frenzy you will hear a different tone.If he is calm and says he/she is just here for experience and will go with the group then fair to help them out .
  12. Alekyne Journeyman

You can never have too many Serpentine Bracers.
  13. Pleasantvalley Journeyman

"Same person who "needs" that item is selling it 20 mins later in EC. NBG doesn't exist in EQ unless its a friend or guild group."
    Well said Rojas82.
    Fuzzbutt likes this.
  14. Fuzzbutt Elder

I won dwarven work boots on my cleric, warrior harassed me until I gave them to him. Next day he was selling them in EC tunnel . Unless I'm with people I trust it won't happen again.
  15. taliefer Augur

ive never understood why people get so uppity about vendor loot. hitting need on the vendor trash seems far and away the easiest way to do it, but people act like not greeding on cash drops is like the worst thing in eq ever. its weird. everyone needs plat.
    Alekyne and NoWay like this.
  16. Moardots Lorekeeper

Amen brother. Not sure why everyone is so hellbent on this outdated NBG idea. That idea worked just fine when EQ was new and nobody knew what mobs dropped what. Everyone thought they had equal chance at something their class could use dropping. Now everyone knows every camp and the entirety of its loot table. Why would a caster want to join a Frenzy group if its NBG and there's 4 melees? Is that really fair to the caster? He spends equal time and effort to everyone else and deserves equal shot at reward (and no Moonstone rings are not a reward) and that's just one example out of many. If NBG was the common rule in groups it would make no sense to go to any camp that didn't drop stuff your class could use.

Quit your bellyachin that a monk won the SMR you felt entitled to or an enchanter took "your" FBSS. He earned a shot at a high value drop just as much as you did and what he does with his reward is none of your business. Whether he sells/trades it to get an upgrade his class can use or sells it for a krono to pay his sub.
  17. durxll Journeyman

In pick up group, If someone is putting in time, they should have just as much chance to benefit from a drop.Anything else is completely illogical, and unfair. NBG is for guild raids, and maybe guild groups.
  18. Rentic Journeyman

I was all about NBG but I will not do that anymore in a pug because I have seen it to many times that person gets to need on the item win it then leaves the group and/or ends up selling it in auction
  19. Rovguy Journeyman

I did a lot of nbg groups will I was leveling and if experience was flying I didn't rock the boat. Now that I'm 50 I'm very picky. No enchanter, pass on group, no cleric pass on group, don't like loot rules pass on group. I would rather screw around not getting a good group, than wasting my time with a bad one.
    Alekyne likes this.
  20. Rentic Journeyman

I would say make all gear in game no trade but then we would lose most of the population since most of the players these days are just here to make that buck