I love Agnarr

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Ultrazen, Jun 17, 2017.

1. Ultrazen Augur

Agnarr is the EQ I've been looking for, for about 15 years now. I love every single thing about this server. The unlock rate, where it locks, the instancing, the exp rate, everything is just great.

I just got my bard to 45, have a chanter at 30, and a host of other toons around the 20 mark. As someone who loves to play alts, this server is just perfect. I can log on, play whatever class I feel like, and not feel like I'm wasting my time, because the server is going to leave a slow leveling character of mine too far behind.

I've also been lucky and met a ton of great people. There are some really really good EQ players on this server, and it makes the game quite fun.

I can't speak for anyone else, but for me this server is a home run. I can absolutely say that I will be playing here for a least a couple of years. Thanks a ton for a great server and rule set!
    Noblesquire, Rhodz, Imdead and 2 others like this.
  2. Ming Tee Augur

My end game is 1 of every class at 65 time geared. F pantheon.
    northstar likes this.
  3. Tinytinker Augur

Nice to see some positive vibes from someone instead of rants about how Agnarr sucks or another person KS them. I'm glad you are having fun on Agnarr =)
  4. Lonis New Member

I myself am also having a blast. I haven't run into that much kill/camp stealing. However there are dicks in every game, not going to let anyone ruin this game for me.
  5. Noblesquire Journeyman

I agree with OP. I will be here for at least a couple of years myself... or longer.
  6. Thul Journeyman

This server is fun! I'm trying classes that I didn't play on live. Well, that I didn't PL with boxing.

Being zero plat with new toons has taken a little time to adjust. But, it's nice when you get that "drop"!!
  7. Bittie123 New Member

The whole no plat has been an eye opener, but it took me back to 2000 when I played before. I am loving it. Makes me appreciate the game more. I have challenges again:)
  8. Nalisa Lorekeeper

BTW you can have no plat on a live server too... since everyone is lvl 105 and only raids or farms, all the low end zones will be all yours...
  9. jdillma2 New Member

Having loads of fun. I figure most of the complaining comes from a small number of people. Most understand that you'll run into jerks or idiots here and there, but in general it's a good experience. I'll be playing for the foreseeable future.
  10. Fuzzbutt Elder

Meh, I only have one complaint about Agnarr, they need to stop the mage box armies perma camping items, in classic at least you had a chance yo get into the group for those items if someone had to go, now I have the choice of spending kronos to buy gebs or not having them
  11. Ellarache New Member

i m really tempted to try that server , but .....i'm more of a casual than an hardcore player , and i 'm afraid to have a hard time finding groups . and you can't do on classic alone ( well some classs can but not the one i want to play ).

so i'm not too hot ....
  12. Fuzzbutt Elder

Any class can find a group on Agnarr, take unrest for example, the place is a magnet for players from 10-31ish and usually has 10 picks up at minimum
  13. northstar Augur

This is something I would enjoy doing, fill my character slots one at a time with time geared characters. over a very long period of (time?)

And have all their skills capped as well, including "Throwing" and hmm "Alcohol Tolerance!"
  14. urbanbo70 Elder

I just got an "Agnarr 4 Life" tat down my forearm - its tight bro!
  15. Muffinpants New Member

I've been having a blast as well. Haven't played EQ since GoD chased me away. It's been a truly fun experience playing again and that's with playing a Rogue as my main! Had a day or two where it was really tough to get a group but for the most part leveling was super smooth. Got into a guild and started getting planar gears and now I'm leveling some alts. Sometimes I wish I hadn't ever left! Now if maintenance would wrap up already...
  16. jdillma2 New Member

Already mentioned in this thread, but I think it's worth repeating. To anyone who is wary of Agnarr for fear of not finding a group, don't. Tons and tons of groups.

Join the fun brah
    northstar likes this.
  17. Amoeba Augur

I am enjoying myself too. I ain't in a rush to be max lvl and spend 99% of my time farming for Krono. That fact alone makes this server 500x more fun lol. Going at my own pace with nary a worry or care. <3
  18. Zohkar New Member

I am not playing on my original account, can't remember the information so I don't have 15 years of veteran to claim. But I did try playing again when Rage Fire server started up for like 2 months, quit because I was playing another game full time. Stopped playing that game and nothing since Dec. 2015, when I heard about Agnarr server. Started a week before Agnarr on Vox to get into the swing of things again and can say playing on Live verse TLP is a major system shock.

That all be said, as a Shaman I solo a lot because I end up sitting in LFG tool for hours. Even now that I been made aware of the LFG Channel, it's still rare for me to get a group. For me, I work retail and schedule changes from week to week and never have weekends off getting groups in prime time just not happening. Its usually dead late at night or early in the morning since I tend to get afternoon to late evening shifts.

When I go into LFG, I am looking to commit 4 hours or more to be fair to whomever I group with. The crappy part for me is because of my random work schedule is my days off tend to be during the week when grouping is limited or on days we have scheduled downtime.
    jdillma2 likes this.
  19. sneakyflute New Member

Yeah, Agnarr's great until you want one of those coveted items and have to contend with a bunch of unemployed losers monopolizing the various picks.
  20. northstar Augur

if you sit in CL long enough you can find a good deal on coveted items... just have to be patient and find a person selling at the price you want. most the time If you talk to people they are willing to be reasonable...