Trakanon HH loot a downgrade?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Raptor_Shadowz, Jun 11, 2017.

1. Raptor_Shadowz New Member

Will these items be receiving a re-tune? As it stands right now the loot is a downgrade to current content raid drops. For the difficulty this raid presents this risk vs reward seems un-ballenced. Any guild capable of bringing this down wont use these drops.
    draginn and Maedhros like this.
  2. Zaviere Augur

I highly doubt they'll bother to re-tune any of the loot.

That being said, yeah all the loot I've seen drop and linked so far is garbage for the amount of time and effort it takes to down the raid event. The only slightly decent pieces I've seen are the Mana Robe with the high HSta for Necros, and the priest 1hb with the heal-based casting focus/proc. And I guess maybe the pierce weapon is sort of okay because of the lower delay than EoK raid pierce weapons for melee?

Either way, in general my opinion is that it isn't worth the effort. For a 4 week event that actually has a bit of difficulty to it, at least during the learning process, the payoff was very disappointing.
    Fanra and draginn like this.
  3. Phrovo1 Augur

I'm sure CotF/TDS era monk weapons was intended, nothing to see here
  4. EnchFWO Augur

How bout that Zerker 2hb?! :confused:
  5. baramos123 Journeyman

Yeah they should give the weapons a type 5 and bump the zerker 2hb up to a raid dmg ratio not group.
    EnchFWO likes this.
  6. Maedhros High King

This loot sucked.
    We very nearly had the bard bp rot, but an alt was able to snag it.
    Need's to be 10% better than EOK raid or what the heck is the point?
    I dont see a guild with TBM raid gear waltzing in and beating that raid, so who is the gear meant for?
    Fanra and draginn like this.
  7. Orbital101 Augur

You all know that 15 sec cast time for 8 k heal will save live. Even at 80k I wouldn even use it, even at .3 sec cast time for 8k but would at .3 sec cast time for 80k with 15 minutes recast.
    Bigstomp, Brohg and Maedhros like this.
  8. Orbital101 Augur

Considering that most guild able to beat this are already fully geared by now it would make sense to have slightly better gear and not worse. Otherwise there no point of doing it to gear alts.
    Fanra and Maedhros like this.
  9. Act of Valor The Newest Member

I agree, this is poorly itemized throughout. The only item I would consider impressive, to a degree, is the Darkened Mana Robe. Everything else is a downgrade to current content, and has clicks that aren't useful at all. Considering this is limited content, the risk vs. reward is wildly out of check.
  10. Cicelee Augur

It seems like, at best, sideways loot compared to what guilds currently get in EOK. In most cases it is a slight downgrade.

The hope I would imagine is that the gear gets retuned. I fear that the chances are slim that that will happen.

BTW I know that original Trakanon did not drop any augs, but this is the first anniversary raid I can recall in a long time that does not have any augs. Hopefully towards the end of June those who have completed the raid will be rewarded with a cursor augment...
  11. Cicelee Augur

The robe click is fantastic for wizards, OK for magicians, and seems to not be that urgent for enchanters and necromancers. So says some birdies.

If I get one, I will use it. But I am not rushing or racing to get one...
  12. Behelit Augur

zerker 2h needs the dmg fixed and the proc changed. if we're going to get a class specific it should have something unique about it, and proc is the easiest/smallest impact to keep it from being a cookie-cutter 2h.

like having it proc
    [45269/3607] Stormwild Frenzy
    Classes: BER/105
    Skill: Berserking (Combat Skill)
    Endurance: 575
    Restriction: HP Below 90 Percent
    Target: Self
    Resist: Beneficial, Blockable: Yes
    Focusable: Yes
    Casting: 0s, Recast: 10m, Timer: 10
    1: Cast: Stormwild Frenzy Effect

or have it proc
    [30415/3401] Perturbing Scream
    Classes: BER/92
    Skill: Offense (Combat Skill)
    Endurance: 982
    Target: Single
    Range: 100'
    Resist: Physical -28
    Reflectable: No
    Focusable: Yes
    Casting: 0s, Recast: 2m, Timer: 9
    Duration: 90s (15 ticks), Dispelable: Yes
    2: Increase Throwing Damage Taken by 38%
    3: Increase Archery Damage Taken by 21%
    Text: A perturbing scream causes you to lower your defenses.
  13. EnchFWO Augur

Mind sharing the info on the click? I haven't seen a robe linked yet.

But again... agree with everything else said here. Horrible implementation (BPs are actual class-specific drops aka half will be rotting) and the stats are downgrades/sidegrades (at best). Then those clickies... :eek: I get they wanted to mimic the original OS Trak loot but they could have at least been kindof(?) useful. I'd love to know when a 6 sec cast time 8k heal is EVER going to be useful in current content.
  14. Brohg Augur

Frenzy skill attack proc, imo, like ranger bows have range skill attack proc
  15. Behelit Augur

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=128709

meh that's likely to be more dmg than either of the two I suggested, unless they set the skill attack value very low and even then it would scale with burns unlike the DD from stormwild (and while scream does have scaling issues, thats somewhat negated by the proc itself just being a debuff with no dmg done).
    EnchFWO likes this.
  16. Toriann Journeyman

Can someone explain to me or even justify why they would put a level 98 heal on the cleric BP from this raid, where the BP is meant for a 105? Most clerics I know these days don't even use the "light" line of heals, much less one that is a level 98 when there is a "light" spell at 103. Basically, if that BP is going to have a level 98 heal on it, the BP should be usable by a level 98 toon, or they can put a better heal on it. For the amount of work that it takes for this event, the reward is crap. Give the high end guilds a reason to want to raid this stuff. As it stands, I'd much rather spend my time raiding our normal content, getting decent gear and ending the night early, than to raid something that has sub-par rewards.
    Bigstomp likes this.
  17. Tadenea Augur

Ranger BP click terrible, BP Required Level 105, and clicky buffy is a downgrade for those of us with rank 3 EoK
    Trak BP Buff
    Slot 2 AC increase 245
    Slot 3 DS Increase 64

Level 103 Rank 3 spell
    Slot 2 AC Increase 260
    Slot 3 DS increase 67
    Hiladdar and Greymantle like this.
  18. draginn Elder

Not only are the class Bp's bad LOL they have purity Lvl that is only 70. EOK had purity of 75! The paladins Bp was a big let down and the clicky effect is pointless. Who ever help test this raid should have gave better input and if they did then its all on daybreak! Big hype major waste of time. The anv raid hates fury had lot better clickies
    Toriann likes this.
  19. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

BP's deff seem more like sidegrades and not upgrades. Zerker Weap is by far the most out of whack that I've seen, group damage values on a Raid Weap.
  20. Seldom Augur

Itemization has been much better in EoK than in previous expansions IMO. This Hardcore Heritage group game items, augs and clickies are plentiful and mostly in line with where they should be. With that being said, I don't have much doubt that loot from this raid will receive a boost or clicks will be made at least semi useful(hopefully both)