Why I'm so glad Agnarr is PoP locked

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Samueru, Jun 7, 2017.

1. Samueru Journeyman

Basically, I just think all games should have an ending. Even MMOs. After 18 years of over-development, live EQ is a convoluted mess. It's the video game equivalent of a 50 year old divorced woman with a face lift, caked on makeup and wrinkled cleavage that still tries to put on a skirt and flirt with the younger dudes at the cocktail bar who are trying to pick up the hot young bartender/waitress. EQ can't compete with how attractive the newer MMOs are, but it can still entertain those of us that love it.

So the main question with people that disagree with me is "What's the point of raiding and gearing if it stops at PoP?"

All I can say is, it's because I don't want to play one game forever. I want to play one game to it's ending, then move on to something new(like Pantheon) that's not an expansion pack of the game I've already "finished". Also, games that have an ending still have replay value. Not ready to put Agnarr server down after Quarm goes down? You can start a new character and do it all again.

What I think we're learning with TLPs is that EQ plays best in its original form...back when it was the hot young game that it was.
    DariyaVika and andross77 like this.
  2. Yruc Augur

So EQ is a cougar?

[IMG]
  3. Amoeba Augur

End the thread. Yruc nailed it.

/thread
  4. snailish Augur

A very odd analogy...

There is a lot of good to the current live game, and lots of hope for a good development future. Some hard decisions need to be made to trim bloat and ease barriers of re-entry (I'm not saying make xp easier) if live wants to have an uptick in playerbase.

Basically the more modern things that can be hidden behind older looking things the better (example: mod2 and heroics hidden into AA would make the gear look more classic. Right now a returning from a few years ago player feels like they need a math degree to figure out everything). What we don't need is more continents.
  5. Quill Augur

I think it has a shot if they let us play the Live versions of raids, and aren't forced into EQ xTrEmE 4 El33tbros Raiding. The base game, in its current state, is quite good... and I approve of those changes to get it there. I came back to play the regular raids in their Live form though, not this garbage.

You know.. because some guy apparently could 3-box Naggy, or 28-box(which really.. on a True Box server shouldn't be possible and an easy ban) NTOV /rollseyes.
  6. TLP Addict Augur

I would have liked to have seen them make the effort to get all classes and class/race combo's into the game from launch.

Huge shame that One class can't be played until 12 months in and another can never be played. As well as some combos also not able to be played until near the end of the servers life (can be mitigated with race change though).

Classic already pretty much broken with all the the power increases, I really don't see why they can't spawn the BST/BER GM's and vendors in classic. Harder part might be making changes to allow 1.0's to be completed during Kunark, but I think many would be ecstatic just to be able to make their favorite class and have access to spell/tome vendors and Trainers from day 1.

If there's ever an Agnarr or Phinny 2.0 please make this happen
  7. MaxTheLion Augur

Another dear Myspace post? What's with all these lately? Everybody plays for their own reasons. No expansion is better than others because it's all opinionated. Congratulations on having yours. Next.
    Zahel, Xoner and jeskola like this.
  8. jeskola pheerie

OMG more cougar references!
    Yruc and Inictus like this.
  9. jeskola pheerie

OMG, are you going to whine about MOTM on every thread? we get it, you are not a fan of MOTM.
  10. Whales Aren't Orange Lorekeeper

Your posts are the definition of cancer.
    ThenaEQ likes this.
  11. Quill Augur

They need to stop overthinking and overcontrolling stuff and let us start instances of the Live versions of the events for Agnarr. Keep everything else the same, just let us access the events as they are on Live.

If the ubers want to hit the hard, they can still start those versions. Or they can go to Phinny.

It shouldn't be too hard to understand.

If that means some gibroni 3-boxes Nagafen for a 7-day lockout... so what. The server ends at Planes of Power. You hurt nothing.

Good. It should be cancer to the eleetbros that want to keep this game their personal exclusionary playground. It *should* be seen as an affront to your sensibilities.
  12. jeskola pheerie

I am so confused. You play on an instanced server, correct?
  13. Randomgamer Journeyman

Huh? This post sounds a lot like a post I read a month or so ago. In that post the guy was crying because he wanted eq to end so he could have closure and move on to another game. Oh boo hoo !!!!

You know when eq ends? Whenever you want it to. Whenever you decide to quit to another game.It's so easy just quit and move on and you can say you beat eq, tada!!! At least that way you can spare the rest of us from reading these kind of clickbait posts.

Oh and your analogy is really F'ed up too btw A**hole.
  14. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

Quill,

The raid events are accessible as they are on Live. You just go to Live, and there they are. Since you seem to think there is a huge community of people that think like you (spoiler: there isn't) just round up a few of them and start a progression guild on Live. Problem solved. See ya.
    jeskola likes this.
  15. Quill Augur

Or they just allow us to spawn the Live raids without having to play the version that's on there now. Meanwhile, you can spawn that version instead if you want, so you can imagine that hard mode'ing 18 year old content and having to round up 72-people so as to not bore yourself to death, means squat. Problem Solved.

Seriously.. *18 YEAR OLD* content. Nobody should even care if it drops or goes faster than it did in 1999. Nobody should even care that it can be 3-boxed, or solo'd in later eras. THAT WAS THE POINT OF GETTING THE GOOD GEAR AND LEVELS. YOU COULD STOMP OLD RAIDS YOU HATED INTO SILLY PUTTY. Its like you guys never played the game originally. Not everything is an exercise in choreography. Not everything is Dance Dance Revolution levels of inanity that the game eventually turned into. Queen in Chardok? Grab her and kill her before she kills you. That was totally legit and half the raid would be dead in the process, but so would she. It wasn't pretty, but it sure was fun, and it felt like you actually fought something other than a DB/DI value melee system, your mana pool size, or your ADD. Heck, Trak was the same way. Bring the wood and hope for the best.

72 person raids blow. Its as simple as that. Not even the developers build those any more. The only people hugging to this crap like a day old infant are the leet bros that think that rounding up that many people and getting them to remember to split it... watch for assist calls, turn on attack, and then watch TV for 30-60 minutes makes them special. Seriously.. Luclin was as boring as a trip to the DMV without having to last 40% longer. With, its probably a great cure for insomnia.

Trust the game. There is so much stuff to do in game and so many raids and stuff that forcing 72-person raids on casuals for a server that stops at PoP is not needed. Guess what, if that floats your boat Phinny is over there ----------> and currently about to be in the Mother Of All 72-person raid xpacs. Or did they drop it to 54 for Tacvi? I think they did.
  16. Alekyne Journeyman

You keep ignoring the fact that player power is much stronger now than it was in these good ol' days you keep referencing. Prior to MoTM, there was no challenge to these raids, even when they were "in era" for any given TLP. Nobody should be able to down these raid mobs with such few numbers. What's the point? Where's the challenge? Where's the fun? Shoot, why even have to kill the mobs at all - everyone should start with best in slot gear and we can all run around commonlands, holding hands and showing off the gear that everyone has, but nobody worked for.

What's your deal, man?
  17. Renshu Augur

LoL, he seems to put that in every post, like some old coach speak. IDK what his deal is, but its pretty fun to watch everyone hammer him over his crazy drivel. Devs are even locking his threads now!
  18. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

Quill might be my favorite part of the Agnarr launch. I hope at some point he gets page 8'd and we find out he's someone else on the boards, maybe even a Dev doing an amazing art piece.
  19. Sdoofbuc Augur

I'm so glad Phinny is NOT PoP locked!

I have done Classic-PoP so many time I want to dig my eyes out with a fork. Every single thing outside maybe RC can be zerged. So boring!

I've never done OoW+ and I am really looking forward to it. On Phinny I just have to wait. No beat all the content, no vote, just wait.

Agnarr can have their Game Genie mode. I'm done with doing the same old content for the same old loot.
    Machentoo likes this.
  20. Ultrazen Augur

I'm still stuck on whether I like pie or cake best, or if I even have to decide between the two....I mean, who is making me decide? Why can't I just have pie when I feel like it, and cake when I feel like that? Hell, why don't I just have both of them at the same time? Cherry pie, chocolate cake...both strong contenders, but has anyone ever mushed them together???....now I have a new mission. Off to the kitchen!
    rippah30 likes this.