DBG Issue 1231 - Truebox code issue for some users

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Risiko, Jun 2, 2017.

1. Risiko Augur

https://dgcissuetracker.com/browse/EQ-1231

Has anybody that had the truebox issue back on Phinigel ever found a solution for it? I'd like to come back to EQ, and play on the Agnar server, but it still kicks my brother and I off if we play at the same time.

I know this doesn't happen for 90% or more of the people that play on a truebox server, but it does happen for some. Read the issue on the DBG Issue Tracker (link above), and you will see others saying it happens to them as well.

My guess is it has something to do with my router or how my internet provider handles the IP. I'm more than willing to work with anybody that has network security knowledge that's something that I'm just not good at.

I'll be making some more videos to link here and on the ticket later this evening when I get home from work.

I'm sure it's something on my side, but I don't know how to fix it.

Thanks
  2. Throndor Augur

You don't gotta lie about "your brother" playing the second account. It's perfectly legit to play on 2 computers.
  3. Risiko Augur

I've shown in other videos that I do in fact have a brother that I live with that plays EQ with me.

Why people find it so unbelievable that brothers would play a game together is beyond me, but I seem to have to explain that every single time I make a post about the issue.
  4. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Do you get the disconnects while using a different hotkey setup on both machines?
  5. Risiko Augur

Yes. It honestly has nothing to do with which hotkey we press. It just has to do with pressing any key while in combat it would seem.
  6. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

What about having the 2nd comp behind another router making a double Nat? Or if your router can handle some sort of delay for the traffic on the 2nd comp it's rare on a home router..
  7. Risiko Augur

I'll have to take a look to see what my router can do. I never go in to it because it's not something I consider with in my wheelhouse.
  8. Ilshade Augur

do not use a switch with the modem this will cause issues connect direct to modem
    do not use any macro keys or programmable key boards - shut down those apps all together
    you want a nothing running in the background and only EQ on the for front
    when casting spells do not smash the keys until you caster casts press wait press or get that skill up so your not failing as much

just a few things to try and not to try - i run 6 machines - family plays on 4 out of the 6 - the family played get the disconnect more that the boxed - but i did the above and it reduced the problem a lot
  9. Risiko Augur

That's actually a good idea. I will have to check to see if the modem has more than one port to use. Currently, it goes Modem > Router > Computers

I will check that tonight.
  10. Risiko Augur

I might have fixed the issue.

I went in to my router, and setup manual IP addresses for our computers instead of letting the router set the computer's IP addresses dynamically.

So far, it seems to be working, but I won't hold my breath.
    Your_Ad_Here likes this.
  11. Machentoo Augur

No idea why that would change anything, but keep us posted. Quite curious if it holds up for you.
  12. Rauven Augur

I'm interested in an update as well after a few days.

DHCP and DNS both have major gremlins sometimes.
  13. Rhodz Augur

Static IPs have always seemed to help mysterious network related bugs for various reasons. Wont always work but it is an easy attempt.
  14. Risiko Augur

I was busy all weekend, but we plan to test it again this evening. I will update here with what the results are afterwords.
  15. Risiko Augur

UPDATE

I verified last night that the issue is fixed. My brother and I were able to group up, and kill things together in the same zone for about 30 minutes together with out getting kicked out of the game.

Solution: Set your internal IP addresses manually in your router for each computer in your house.
  16. Carns Lorekeeper

If this fixed your problem, then the issue was your router all long and never had anything to do with Truebox code.
  17. Rhodz Augur

Not a solid indication of where the problem may be.
    That is why I always mention it, the problem could be as likely in the Application layer as the IP.
    Glad it worked. Remember it.
  18. Carns Lorekeeper

... Yeah, it is.

He changed settings from DHCP to Static. He did not create new NATs and give his computers new Public IPs; he change private IPs.

If setting static IPs on HIS side of his firewall fixes the problem, then the issue cannot be on the public side of the firewall. His problem IS on the private side... either the PCs or the Firewall/router itself.

Period.

Dot.
  19. Bittin Darear New Member

Not sure what point you are making.
  20. Risiko Augur

Actually, you are wrong. Sorry, but true.

While the change was made in my router, the fact is that the issue ONLY happened on the Truebox servers.

We never got kicked off of non-Truebox servers.

Therefore, the fact that my router would dynamically assign and obviously re-assign IPs was what triggered the Truebox code to fire off and kick us out of the server.

Was the issue on my end? Yes.

Was the issue related to truebox code? Yes.